[OBSOLETE] Super Notifier - All your alerts in one place!

Just pushed a bug fix to github. Didn’t realize I had the timestamp hours format wrong, it was giving you 12-hour time but no AM/PM. Changed it to 24-hr time since it doesn’t look like there is an easy way to add AM/PM. Now you’ll know which half of the day the timestamp is referring to!

1 Like

I’m using this with a sensor on my garage door. I set it up as a delayed alert. Between the hours of 9pm and midnight. To notify me if the sensor is open. Enabled SMS. Set periodic notifications to 15 minutes.

I tested it and received the SMS. No SmartThings app notification though I see it in recent activity. I received no periodic reminders.

Any suggestions.

First just double check your settings. Here are some screenshots of what it should look like (15 minute periodic, and I choose 15 minute delay, you didn’t specify that part so I assumed you wanted it to wait the same amount before first notifying you). The only part not shown here is the Push/SMS options, I am using the Contact book (so you just have to enter your info once and then just pick the contact within each app instead of always retyping). I’d recommend setting that part up. Double check, save it, and then try again. It could be that you tested it during a platform outage too, there were a ton of SmartThings issues in the past week. let me know if you’re still having trouble, probably worth screenshots of your debug log in a private message so I can track down the problem.

Awesome smartapp. Thank you for creating this. Do you think it might be possible to include notifications based on power metering in the future? If it could be like the way the temperture monitoring is setup (over or under selected wattage) it would be great.

Thats a good idea! I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

After a reboot of my phone the SMS is acting as it should. But still getting no push notifications from SmartThings.

Are you getting push from other smartthings apps, or is it just this one that isn’t working? Nothing’s changed in Super Notifier’s push code in years, but doesn’t mean there isn’t a new problem.

Yea other smartthings apps push notifications. I use ‘pushover nitify me’ to let me know when my Schlage lock is unlocked.

I have an interesting use for this app and not sure its possible.

I have a contact sensor on my mailbox so when the mailbox is opened I receive a notification that the daily mail has been dropped off. I currently use Notify Me When , but that app has limitations I am trying to overcome.

I currently can setup notifications for the contact sensor and other sensors without issue.

Since my neighbors mail is dropped off moments after mine I figured that I would just add his phone number to receive an SMS message and I would receive a push notification when the mail arrived. A Courtesy. He was all in. What I find is that there is no way in Notify ME When to just have that one mailbox sensor send him an SMS message. Notify ME When sends out notifications for ALL my device sensors. I dont want to bombard him with needless notifications of other contact sensors like my garage door opening and closing all day long.

He has no need for those notifications and I am sure he could care less about when my garage door opens or closes.

So I need to send notifications to myself for all my devices , but only send him MAILBOX SMS notifications to his phone .

Thats my first need.

Here is my first WANT.
It would be nice to only be notified once per day after the mailbox has been opened and closed. The way it currently works is any time the mailbox is opened and closed
I receive notification . I dont need to receive the notification for the mailbox again when I go out and open it to retrieve the mail. How can one set this up -if its even possible?

An easy fix would be to set the “minimum time between messages” to 12 hours or something similar. Then once it sent a notification once, it’d wait those 12 hrs before it could alert again. If you do 12-18 hr or so, it wouldn’t alert you when you checked the mail, but would be reset and ready for the mailman the next day, even if he came earlier than normal. Note, it is entered in minutes, so 14 hours would be entered as 840.

Such a simple fix! I should have thought of that!

How about not notifying the neighbors number when my other sensors notify me. Any options there?

I’m assuming you are using the contact book? Each child app of Super Notifier lets you pick who the notifications will go to. So you should be able to change it up as needed in each smartapp (at least those that support contact book… Super Notifier does, as does anything I write because it’s super nice).

You can check by clicking on the “More” tab of the SmartThings app, second to last on the list is “Contact Book.” It should help you set it up from there if you haven’t done that yet. (It came out a long while back, but if everything was working and you don’t write smartapps you wouldn’t have noticed).

Super Notifier code updated in Github. Changes:

@ErnieG - Added Power meter alerts (please let me know how this works, I don’t have anything to test with)

Also added door knock capability (based on the Door Knocker app) so you can keep it all in one spot, and take advantage of contact book and other features Super Notifier gives you!

Thanks for adding the power metering alert. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be working. I tested it with a Centralite Power plug which reports power usage. I set up an instant alert but it did not work.

Thanks for the information. I am not currently using Super Notifier and wanted to first see if it would do what I wanted it to do. From your comments it looks like it will meet my needs perfectly.

1 Like

Got it fixed! Also beefed up temp reporting. New files in github. Thanks for the quick feedback!

1 Like

Working great now. Thanks.

1 Like

I am unable to install via Repo Update. I’m able to update other smart apps from the repo update option, just not this one. Anyone have any thoughts?

As long as you have the settings right. You could try install it from code and then update from repo later too maybe. Otherwise, that’s a email/call to support, I can’t control that aspect at all, sorry. I haven’t moved anything.

All, I just pushed an update to all three apps. With SmartThings killing the Contact Book, I added a pseudo contact book for SMS messages. Unfortunately Push messages will go to all your users, but with my changes you can at least send to several SMS phone numbers and you only have to type them once!

Just type the phone numbers in, and it’ll ask you to name each number. Then in each instant or delayed alert child app it’ll just ask you turn on or off each number by the name you gave it. I tried to make it easy.

Bottom line - if you are still using contact book, you don’t need to do anything except update your apps. If you weren’t using it or are disabling it, you’ll need to go update all your notification settings after installing.

Please let me know if you have any issues or questions.

2 Likes