[OBSOLETE] Strips Drip / Strips Comfort

Those built-in handlers were written by me so they’re fully functional and they’ve been thoroughly tested.

The Comfort 700 wasn’t ready at that time so I haven’t written a handler for it, but now that drivers are live the IDE will probably be retired soon so I’m not sure if I’ll be writing one for it.

@krlaframboise @Sensative
I just had to turn in 2 Comfort strips as they lasted for a few months (weeks) only. One of the replacements received lasted from mid november until the frist week of january. Previous strips have lasted 2,5 till about 3 years, from early 2018. Still far from 10, as promised. I’ve been using the stock DTH Z-wave temp/light sensor, as I wasnt aware of @krlaframboise’s DTH neither the official stock handler. I like the devices but worried, since it seems that there wont be one for Comfort, but Drip/Guard only.

If you guys will ensure continued sales and operation, maybe you should consider introducing a stock DTH for Comfort, please?

Were they the original model or the new 700 series?

Hello S.F.B.,

We are in the process of creating a new DTH for Strips Comfort 700 in collaboration with @krlaframboise.

Could you please get in touch with us using the following link, for us to understand the challenges you faced.

7350088520086 is the EAN. If it is a 700-series? Don’t know.

Hi @krlaframboise, thanks for the DTH, it works great! I am now playing with it for a new project, but I am inexperienced and would like to ask here if what I intend to do is possible, before I find myself in a dead end.

I will try to have the device report if it is “under sun” or “under shade”. To do this I will create a new attribute and add preferences to set the illumination limits between sun and shade. Then I will correlate the new attribute with the lighting to determine the state. So at this point everything is OK?

What I am not sure if it is possible to do is the following: I need the device to report every time the attribute changes between “under sun” and “under shade”, immediately after the change happens, not in a time interval. Is this possible?, can anyone guide me?

All other capabilities will stop reporting from “preferences”, to save battery.

Thanks!

The type of change you want to make isn’t as simple as adding an attribute because you’d need to also create a custom capability and a new device config.

If your goals are to save battery life and use under sun/shad as a trigger/condition in automations then you should be able to do that without modifying the handler.

The device only supports the reporting options exposed by the settings so there’s nothing you can do to the DTH that would make the device report less often.

If you set the “Ambient Light Reporting” setting to “Report Only When Selected High/Low Ambient Light Levels are Passed” then it should reduce the frequency that it reports the lux value when the light level crosses those thresholds.

Example, if your sun/shade cutoff is 5,000 lux then you can set the “Low Ambient Light Report Level” setting to 4,999 and the “High Ambient…” setting to 5,000 and I think the device will only send a report when the lux level crosses that threshold.

In automations you’d use above or below 5,000 as the trigger or condition.

I won’t be converting the Strips Drip / Strips Comfort DTH into an Edge Driver, but the device should be functional with the built-in driver.