[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

The Sonoff DS18B20 Works with my Sonoff TH16. A DS18B20 that I wired myself did not work.

I haven’t got as far as getting ST integration yet. I’m guessing the temp/hum also works on the Device’s webURL ?

The temp worked on their webURL. Didn’t have the combination temp/humidity sensor

Just FYI, I think the firmware works on the 8285 chip as long as the correct options are selected using Nodemcu flasher.

The only firmware I have been able to flash on the devices from gearbest is that which is referenced here

It can’t poll the current state of the device so is pretty much useless.

Anyone aware of alternative firmware that works on new devices?

I have finally figured out how to flash my basic correctly (I think). I have the one with the 8285 chip, used nodemcu and the generic bin file. It shows the wifi AP as ITEAD-10005f3c88, not SONOFXXXXX like everyone says it will. I used the password configme, but I get the authentication error when trying to connect. Is there another password, or what am I doing wrong?

Nope that’s the one I’ve always used.
Try a different browser and check your auto correct isn’t changing it.

The AP shows up on my pc and phone. I have tried to connect on both with pw configme several times and still get authentication error. I can only get the AP to show up after holding the button down for several seconds until it starts flashing.

I was sure that I had tried this earlier on my 8285 devices, but as I respect your work so much, I decided to try it of a fresh batch of Sofoffs.

They worked!!!

I had noticed an error message at the end of flashing using ESPEasy but NodeMCU gave no errors.

So it looks like NodedMCU with those settings is the answer.

Thank you so much!
Martin

1 Like

I flashed “sonoff.ino.generic.bin” to a geekbes Smart WiFi Plug.

How do I change the GPIO pins?
GPIO12 – LED (0 = On, 1 = Off)
GPIO13 – Button (0 = On, 1 = Off)
GPIO15 – Relay
GPIO01 – RXD
GPIO03 – TXD

I just locate and tried your EcoPlug.ino.generic.bin, which works, but status LED doesn’t.

Edit:
It was working until I tried the reboot feature from my phone, now nothing. (holding button does not seem to reset device)

Hey everyone! I have been using these sonoff’s flashed with @erocm1231 firmware for about a year and a half. I have to give you, Eric, and everyone else involved a big thank you for your hard work on this and so many other projects. I run a YouTube channel called “TaylorTech,” and I just made a new tutorial showing how these are flashed and setup with SmartThings. You can check out the channel here, if interested.

I wanted to keep the video as short as possible, so I only covered the sonoff basic. Eric, feel free to link to the video in your main post. Also, a thanks to @kaiser_willi for the NodeMCU method and @dalec for the no solder method.

You can find the video here, I hope this helps clear up some questions and gets people started with these awesome little devices.

6 Likes

Thanks Drew, your video is spot on!

1 Like

Does your process work on Sonoff Basic R2 ?

Yes, the sonoff R2 is what I used in the video. Adding an external sensor may be a bit more challenging though.

Shoot, it has been too long so it won’t let me edit the main post.

Cheers Drew! Great video, really helpful!

Thanks to @erocm1231 for the firmware as well

1 Like

Recently flashed a couple TH16’s to primarily use for aquarium temperature monitoring, problem is, it’s reading fahrenheit numbers (65.5’) but the rest of smart things thinks its celsius. im not sure whether its the decvice handler or the firmware thats pulling the number from the sensor. Is there a way of changing something for it to output celcius numbers? or convert whats being output. Thought of using the offset, but the difference between F and C varies with temperature. 10’C = 50F (so -40 offset would correct it) but 20’C = 68’F (would need -48 offset). There is a formula ‘’ (68 °F − 32) × 5/9’’ = 20C. if that could be worked in somewhere, i have no idea. In the mean time i’ll just have to keep asking alexa to convert the number if i see it change drastically.

Hi @loonass, could I ask how you got it displaying Celsius, I’ve flashed two TH16’s working perfectly with smartthings and action tiles, but smartthings seems to think it’s Celsius, but is reading Fahrenheit numbers. As you can see, my fish would be cooking if it were 77.7C. Note I’m using the firmware and device handler from the 14/10/2016 update on the first post of this thread with the D(something)20 sensor. Before flashing I used the sonoff app and was able to select either Fahrenheit or Celsius.

You can go to the web interface for the switch and change it to Celsius.