[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

So I’ve read through a lot of the post above, and it appears the software used to flash these has changed, correct? If so, what the correct/current software we should be using for the sonoff basic?

NodeMcu flasher works well.

yesterday I tried my sonoff switch on Hubitat hub.
then its HA IP address was changed. Now it doesn’t report its status to the Smartthings Hub.
I changed the HA IP back to ST hub IP but still does not work.
HA Controller Port is set to 39501. Is this correct ? (should it be 39500 ? )

All mine say 39500.

1 Like

thanks. weird that Hubitat uses a different port…

Do I need different binaries for the 8285 chip that all my recently purchased Sonoffs use instead of the 8266?

If so, does anyone have them, or instructions on how to generate them?

Do your new ones have just the four pin header? if so look at this.

OK so the ESPEasy 8266 software version 2 supports the 8285 chip. That’s great. I’ll give it a shot.

Thank you so much for this!

Were you able to get this to work with the 8285 chip?

I just got a Sonoff TH16 connected and have a problem with the temperature readings. I have a Sonoff DS18B20 connected and am getting a temperature reading of -196.6 F. I’m sure that I did something wrong but cannot figure out what. Any suggestions appreciated.

Here’s where I’m at at the moment.

Using the latest [mega-20190121] release I managed to flash a SONOFF TH with a 8285 binary [ESP_Easy_mega-20190121_normal_ESP8285_1024.bin] , using ESP.Easy.Flasher.exe.

It seemed to flash OK.

When it boots it shows a wifi network.
I have not been able to connect to that network from my Windows 10 PC.
I see that ESP.Easy.Flasher.exe has some options that could include my home wifi details, so I’m going to try that but I need to study ESP.Easy.Flasher.exe documentation…

Will update on my progress…

If the wiring is ok, then it may be the error discussed here:

“So here’s the deal. I found that the problem lies with the port of the dallas temperature library that I was using (“spark-dallas-temperature”). The issue is with the -2032 value defined for DEVICE_DISCONNECTED_RAW constant in the header file which should read -7040.”

So maybe someone needs to fix the binaries you are using…

S

Thanks for the reply. You have gone so far above my understanding of this that I am lost. I used nodemcu-flasher and SonoffTH.ino.generic.bin on the TH16. Device handler is sonoff-th-wifi-switch.groovy and app is erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/smartapps/erocm123/sonoff-connect.src/sonoff-connect.groovy

It WORKS!
The default password for ESP_Easy_0 network is configesp

So I’m now in the process of configuring the TH 16…

Got it turning on/off.

Now do I really need the temperature probe?
Anybody done this before?

Following your work and have the TH16 programmed Thanks to you I got into ESP_Easy_0 network to setup WiFi and am now at the config page. What needs to go there to use with SmartThings?

By the way, did you fly the Warthog?

Looks like my troubles are only beginning!
The ESP firmware allows control of the Sonoff by sending web requests on the local network (192.169.1.xxx) but there is no device handler for ESP in smartthings, so I cant use the 8285 sonoff on Smartthings.
So I am exploring the options…

Will update when I make progress…

It looks like there may be a simple solution.
There is a device handler available that allows you to send local web requests.
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=URI_Switch
I’m going to try it out and document it as I go…

The Sonoff app did not find it?

I did not try using the Sonoff app.
Have you? Which one?
Did it integrate with Smartthings?