[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

The Hub is like the brain that controls everything, you can set routines like lights to come on when motion detected etc but you can also do more advanced routines say something like.
If a window is left open for 2 hours and the temp drops below 24° turn the heating off
So you buy all your devices like SmartThings door sensors, sonoff,hue and loads of other brands…
And then you pair them all to your hub and then the hub links to your app and lets you control them all.
So all you can basically do now is say alexa turn off my switch lol.
Your probably best reading into it.

Did you connect to the Sonoffs broadcasted ssid and configure your home wifi to it?

I just read the other comments… Good news is the hub is still only $50 right now so a good time to pick one up

1 Like

Ok, so today, all of a sudden, my TH16 started reporting temperature and humidity and has started responding to on off commands properly…

The only thing I did was create a virtual switch to control it and another switch at the same time… and now its working. Go figure, but at least its now working.

1 Like

HI. I have successfuly flashed all my Sonoff switches and even a TH switch - amazing. I am now trying to add them to SMartings. I have uploaded the device handler ok and the SmartApp. When I try and add them on the iphone I can see the switch OK and try and save the config I get an error which states ‘Error saving unamed page. Please contact SMartapp developer’

Is anyone else having this problem?

Howard

That usually happens if the appropriate device handler isn’t installed or published. So I would double check that you have the handler for the TH installed and that it has been published. If that isn’t it, watch the IDE logs as you hit next and post back what the error message is that is being reported.

HI Eric

Thanks for this. It was my ignorance of how Smarthings worked. I hadnt chosen the Hub before I added the Device Handler and therefore it installed it in the default hub. Once I had selected the hub, added the device handler and the device itself it worked like a dream. Many thanks

Sorry this might be a dumb question, but does the button on the Sonoff Basic control the on/off position of the switch also? I’ve only seen mention of it being used when programming.

If not then the Sonoff S20 is what i’ll have to use. Would have preferred an inline device with a physical switch/button.

The Sonof basic button controls the On/Off/Placing the device into Wifi pairing and Flashing mode.

1 Like

Thank you! That would be perfect then. I read the description on the site several times and couldn’t find any reference.

S20 description does say:
You can turn on/off any connected device either on the APP eWeLink or by pressing the manual control knob of the WiFi outlet.

Basic just says remote a few times like this:
users can remotely control the appliances by turning them on off from anywhere at any time.

I seem to be having an issue where all my sonoff esp8266 type devices don’t seem to be correctly functioning as in state and control through smarthings …I can control without issue through web GUI…just curious if it’s a device thing or a …only my system thing…lol

I would check the settings of the device and make sure that the HA Ip is the IP address of your SmartThings hub. Hitting the configure button in the SmartThings app should set this for you. If your hub changed IPs, I would recommend creating a dhcp reservation for it so that it stays the same.

I just saw these on Aliexpress. Will your DH and smartapp work with this device? And will it show power consumption?
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Sonoff-Pow-Smart-Wifi-Switch-Controller-With-Real-Time-Power-Consumption-Measurement-16A-3500w-Smart-Home/1851355_32830055420.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.2995e5c0OrStdn

Cheers!!

This has all been checked I have re-sent the firmware and it still doesn’t want to function correctly for whatever reason…I will be checking into my router a bit further I was just checking if there is something known about these devices or if there are similar experiences …thank u for the follow up!

It’s word to have lost state and control since they would probably have a different cause. State is to do with messages reaching smartthings (hence needs correct st ip in the device, plus correct Mac for the sonoff in st), meanwhile control means the IP of sonoff is not correctly logged in st. Otherwise do you have a network change so that the devices are now using wireless isolation or something like that? Perhaps you have added an extra wireless router or something (st seems very bad at dealing with multiple subnets or multiple routers)

Honestly I am not sure what’s going on…the primary device in question happens to be an h801 unit…I set it to static with .56 as last octet and I reset my router to default…and even though the h801 is set to .56 in my router it is .99 Not sure why…I can log into the unit via web and manipulate without issue…now I have other issues it seems

Are you sure you dont have a second DHCP server in a router/access point somewhere? That would give a situation like that… Also make sure that the H801/sonoff are set to DHCP mode.

has anyone had the aeotec micro dimmer from z-wave in there house before? Interested to get either a sonoff or the aeotec to dim my current downlights as I have a standard wall switch and universal dimmer doing it at the moment and I want to add this smart device in series with it so the switch can turn it off and on manually and the dimmer can go up and down manually and also control it via the app (on/off and dim)? Does anyone know if there’s something out there that I’m after,

Why not just buy a GE Z-Wave Dimmer Switch?

@erocm1231 amazing just found this project! I think some of the great things you have done with the sonoff devices I could incorporate into some of my projects,

I can’t seem to find the sketches on your github to modify and check out your existing code? Can you please let me know where those files for these projects are at? Thanks!

Btw Is your project based off the tasmota firmware ?

Thank you! This is great stuff!