[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Hope we could get the Sonoff POW working with ST…:grin:

It is currently setup to use a momentary switch. Are you planning on using a toggle switch?

@phealt Just added support for the DS18B20. Flash the latest firmware, choose the sensor type in advanced, and reboot. Make sure to plug in the sensor before applying power.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.
Yes, momentary Decora style switches are hard to come by and modifying one does not work as smooth as I want it to.
How can one change it to use a toggle switch?

Excellent… and quick work. I will be update OTA Thanks a bunch.

– Sent firmware Over The Air and had NO ISSUES, very well done.

Great update well worth the wait, updated OTA no problems now have an outside temp sensor on my system cheers

I’ll put some code in to choose whether it is toggle or momentary.

1 Like

Thanks again for attending to so many of this community. If one uses a toggle switch, the code should toggle the the relay state based on a state change of the switch (or GPIO14) so that we can still control the relay remotely regardless of the switch position (GPIO14 state).

2 Likes

Hi Eric,
First of all, amazing work you have done with this cheap equipment, that allow us to create a cost effective automated home.
Just wondering now if there is a solution to the esp8266 bug… it´s killing me, I have micro-cuts almost everyday, witch is rendering the equipment unusable… and I don´t want to spend money in a UPS…
Keep up on the good work!!!

I had the exact same issue. I thought that my unit is bad and ordered a new one.
I will try Gary’s suggestion and see how it works.

Maybe a stuppid question but devices that are in the LAN like sonoff switches wouldn’t they be found by ST when doing a new search and add a thing?
Can’t samsung just add them to the device list with due DTH?

I do keep an eye on the bug, but there hasn’t been much movement on it. There is a proposed workaround that I will see if it works in my project. Sorry you have such problems. I hardly ever see this issue so it is good to get a reminder.

On another note, I have added the Health Check capability to my Sonoff handlers. It has been in my SmartLife handlers for some time, but SmartThings just flipped the switch on capability. If this is not a new Sonoff device install you need to click on the little gear icon for the device and hit “Done” to activate it.

It is SmartThings new system to notify you if devices are offline or batteries are low. Don’t judge the screenshot. I test a lot of these devices which means I plug them in, set them up, and then leave them unplugged. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi,
I see the Sonoff POW in your picture. It is working well? Do you mind share the Device Handler?

I need some help,

C:\ESPEasy_R120>esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM2 -ca 0x00000 -cf
Sonoff.ino.generic.bin
esptool v0.4.6 - (c) 2014 Ch. Klippel ck@atelier-klippel.de
_ setting board to nodemcu_
_ setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200_
_ setting port from COM1 to COM2_
_ setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000_
_ espcomm_upload_file_
_ stat Sonoff.ino.generic.bin success_
error: Failed to open COM2
error: espcomm_open failed

i guess my Sonoff is not flashed ?
When I go into Device Manager and right click on my USB Serial Adapter, it says: Location: Port_#0002.Hub_#0002

Is this using COM2 then ?

Okay, my first problem was the USB not installed correctly, I found it at COM10 :slight_smile:

But fear not, I still need help.
I got this msg:

trying to connect
flush start
setting serial port timeouts to 1 ms
setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms
flush complete
espcomm_send_command: sending command header
espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
read 0, requested 1
warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed

Any idea ?
I HOLD the switch ON when connecting the USB, there is no LED when usb it connected.
If i does not hold the switch button on sonoff when connect USB, there is a green LED flashing.
(so power seems to be OK)

thanx for all help

EDIT:

Never mind, I found out that RX and TX should swap side :smiley:
I connected RX to RX, I swapped it around, flashed successfully, followed your guide and BAM!
It worked like wow… :smiley: so happy !!
This is something I have been waiting a long time.

I flashed the Sonoff SV (5-24volt switch relay) , will use 2 relay to control my speakers on kitchen\living room.

going to use some other relay to turn ON\OFF some LED lights on my fountain and so much more.
You are the best!!

Thank you again for making this possible.

Is it possible to make the Sonoff switch to a Push Button and not a switch ?
I want to use it on my Garage Door opener, and that need only signal to toggle Open\Close

Hi liteglow, how can you open/close your garage door with a sonoff switch? You would need two sonoff switch. One for openning and one for closing? Asking because i am also trying something similar. Thanks

My garagedoor have 2 wire input for toggle port Open/Close. Its supposed to be used asba push switch, I connect my sonoff :slight_smile: problem is that I have to turn it ON and then OFF again.

I’m in the process of getting all the parts for this project, but I plan on creating a momentary button that executes a piston in CoRE. Inside the piston, it’ll turn the switch on, wait a second, then turn it back off. I don’t know if the response time will be what I need it to be, so it might take some tweaking.

I will also use a piston in CoRE.
But it should be a simple code addon to make this a push switch !?

Hope this will be an option in the future :slight_smile: