[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

I will refresh the page and pull down the new code, thanks!

Yep, it’s working. Thanks, I have been looking for a way to monitor the batteries on my z-wave devices.

[quote=“Mbhforum, post:36, topic:42481”]
I think I found a bug…my nest protects cannot repeat battery status so they show up as N/A but I still get low battery notifications for them.
[/quote] Some devices will show as n/a for a little while after first installing because the battery hasn’t been reported yet which is why I have it sending notifications.

I’m not sure if that’s the best way to handle it, but the next full version I release will allow you to exclude those devices from notifications.

Actually the Protects always show N/A. There is no way to obtain battery level from them since I don’t believe Nest exposes that information. I can’t even get it from the native Nest app.

[quote=“Mbhforum, post:45, topic:42481”]
Actually the Protects always show N/A.
[/quote]Some Device Handlers include the Battery capability when they really shouldn’t. I have a device like that too, I was just explaining why it’s currently working the way it does.

I might change it in the next version and I’m also considering changing the way the threshold reset works for notifications.

I had temperature repeat notifications off, but kept receiving notifications for one of my devices because the threshold was set to 60 and the temperature was fluctuating between 59 and 60. I’m thinking of making it reset when it reaches 61 instead of 60 to prevent that from happening, but if I make the change, I will add a setting that allows you to disable it

1 Like

I used a separate instance of the app today to have a different threshold for one particular sensor that is supposed to report every 5 mins… it’s been known to get “stuck” and stop reporting. If you ever put in threshold overrides for individual devices that would be awesome. Thx for the great work.

Have you run into any problems using multiple instances of the application?

The next version will let you choose which of the devices selected in the Choose Devices section to exclude from sending each type of notification, but it won’t allow you to set per device thresholds.

I did run into errors initially with multiple instances… you have to be careful of the order it seemed and always click done.

[RELEASE] Version 1.5

This version allows you to exclude devices from receiving Battery, Temp and/or Last Event notifications.

It also has new state icons on the following screens:

• Contact Sensors
  • Locks
  • Motion Sensors
  • Presence Sensors
  • Switches

The first post in this topic has the most recent version of this SmartApp.

3 Likes

This is great! Nice work!

Has anyone found any bugs or thought of features they’d like added?

I plan on submitting this to be published soon, but I want to make sure it’s finalized before I do.

1 Like

It’s been working great for me. Nice job!!

1 Like

I’d look again but my hub died last night after a reset and I’m waiting for a replacement.

Installed it today, works well… Will post, if i find any issues

I just released version 1.6 that has a couple of bug fixes, but no additional features.

See first post in this topic for latest version

If I haven’t received any bug reports by Sunday night, I’m going to submit it for publication.

At some point I plan on adding the functionality below, but I’m focusing on the next release my Blink Camera Integration right now so I probably won’t have time to get to them for a while.

• On all the screens (except switches), allow you to click a device to see its last (5-10?) most recent events.

• Allow you to optionally specify a start time and end time for receiving notifications.

• Add icons for the remaining capabilities.

1 Like

I’ve not had any problems in using it at all.

Here’s a feature I’ve thought would be useful/interesting (and have considered working on myself). Add am HTML output and expose it via https://graph.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/ like several other SmartApps do, such as SmartTiles. This would allow me to add the URL to it as a tile under SmartTiles.

I’m not sure if this app offers anything that you can’t already do in SmartTiles, but I’ve been looking for a reason to play around with the API so I’ll look into it once I’ve finished my Blink Camera project.

I’ve submitted this SmartApp to be published so maybe 6 months from now it will actually be available in the Marketplace.

2 Likes

Not unless it can work in Windows phone. All the apps in the current market place work in Windows Phone.

I really like your smartapp…well done Kevin!

1 Like