[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

1. It should work. I can and occasionally do set my system from ActionTiles.
  2. They work for me. I find it works best with a real hardware Iris or Centralite Keypad, or simulated keypads that provided real exit delays vs simulated. Entry is always simulated. You can try it out by installing the app, then using the app’s simulated keypad.

Can you elaborate on one part of that? You mention different types of entry devices. In my type of setup what is the most common one used? I’m assuming ActionTiles has one, or are there a bunch out there that you integrate into the setup?

For our use we’d definitely prefer to stick with just the tablet so it would be a simulated keypad. I just had no clue it wasn’t already a piece that’s in our setup at this point. ActionTitles has something I’ve used that takes a passcode, but obviously it has no delay.

Thanks again.

This smartapp was created primarily to leverage the functions of keypads sold for Lowe’s Iris and Comcast xfinity systems. The underlying hardware is similar, and made by centralite. Both keypads use zigbee and can be paired to a ST hub.

Because Arn is a great coder, he added functionality that makes it technically possible to make use of the app even without a physical keypad.

1 Like

Got my setup working. Took a bit to wrap my aged head around it, but all is functioning now.

Two questions popped up:

1. There’s an option to Beep and/or Chirp certain devices on entry delay and when the real sensor opens when the alarm state is off. However, since I have no physical keypads it only sees the Siren as an option and that’s not a good solution as it will wake everyone up. It’s LOUD. So, that got me wondering. We are using a Kindle Fire HD tablet. Has anyone created a device that can use that as a device SHMD will see as something it can beep/chirp? From my novice perspective, this seems like an obvious option/need (but not for SHMD, just as a device for it to talk to).

2. What is a Talker Profile? I assume this is something I cannot make use of with my typical system? In other words, no talk-capable panels. We’d LOVE to have talking at the tablet, but really don’t want to add a physical keypad. Obviously at this point with my current setup we’re operating entirely in the dark. We set the delay to 60 seconds but have zero idea how long we have or that it’s even actively counting down.

Update comment: So as an interim fix I added the piezo buzzer that comes with the Konnected system and have it set to be behind my tablet. I see from other posts that this won’t appear where I need it, but can be edited to work and then we’ll need a piston to get what we need. Speaking of that approach, does anyone know if there’s a way to get it to work so that for say, 50 seconds the piezo can cycle a standard beep and then for 10 seconds have it beep more quickly?

Thanks

1. Keypad Exit and Entry delay tones are software commands issued to a hardware supported function. Due to the smart app code running in the cloud, then the command being sent over the internet, simulating this feature or doing a count down on another device is not practical. However, you should be able to have the Kindle speak at both exit and entry delay.

2. Talker Profile. Install the Lannouncer app on the Kindle. Then use the Kindle as a TTS device for Entry and Exit delay messages. Section 18 of the documentation has links and much more information

1 Like

@arnb Great work on this app! I am working on setting this app up for my home and ran into an issue with the simulated keypads. When I get to this step,
On your phoneapp, go to Automation->Smartapps, then tap SHM Delay. Scroll down and tap “Create A New Sim Keypad Profile”
I get an “Sorry, but there was an unexpected error” message and not profile is created.

Any ideas?

Assuming the SHM Delay Simkypd Child module is properly installed with OAUTH, and the DTH is properly installed according to the documentation I will need for you to:

1. log into the IDE
  2. click on Live Logging
  3. attempt to “Create A New Sim Keypad Profile”
  4. Forward any errors that show up on the log

Thanks! I missed the SHM Delay Simkypd Child module in the original install instructions. Works great now!

1 Like

Just wondering: are you are using the Android App or browser webpage?

I’m playing with the android app right now but not sure on final implementation. Im undecided on using a real keypad, old phone with the app or a Fire Tablet with Action Tiles. Each has its own pros and cons. Ideally, as long as any of the options work with your app for an entry/exit delay than SHM will be functional. As it is, I stopped using ST as a security system due to the false alarms.

I find the hardware keypad the easiest to use. I have both an Iris and a Centralite, they each have their own unique characteristics and are both manufactured by Centralite.

Iris: Panic button, One touch arming, 2 arm modes Away(on), Partial (Stay)-global determines if it has a delay, or no delay(night)

Centralite: Off mode set with pin only, has 3 fully supported arm modes away, stay with entry delay, stay(night) no entry delay.
Based on my experience the Iris is much louder.

Simulated keypads: Free, can be distributed to many users, but require a phone, tablet or computer to use.

1 Like

Did you figure this out? Im getting the same error.

Solved: Disconnecting Github integration then re-adding worked.

Hi,

I’ve installed the SHM delay version 2, but cannot get the beep/chime to work. I’m not very good a coding.
I’m using an old cell phone as a controller. I also have a piezo buzzer and a dome siren for a chime.

The delay entry and exit work; just no buzzer. I have added the buzzer as the chime option, but no go.
I’ve searched all over and can’t find answers.

Please help.

Entry and Exit Delay tones require a Keypad. From post 384 in this thread

You may be able to get a tone at entry / exit delay by changing module SHM Delay Child as follows at line 427

1 Like

Hello Arnb, could you consider porting this to Hubitat? I will try to port it, I moved my devices to Hubitat and basically they are using a very similar app to SHM. I will donate again to help your efforts. Thanks.

I’ve considered porting it to the Hubitat, but first I have to purchase their hub.

Additionally, Hubitat has released rudimentary keypad support with multiple pins, and has built in exit/entry delays. So I’m unsure the SHM Delay app is needed on the Hubitat.

Is there something specific you want from SHM Delay that is not on the Hubitat?

Ohh yeah, the option to delay selected motions sensors when a delayed door is opened!
Entry delay is not working for me right now.

That sounds like an issue for Hubitat support.

Is there a way to include motion sensors as part of the Hubitat entry/exit delay?

This was a “gotcha” fixed in SHM Delay: when a door opens and a motion sensor pick up the door movement before the contact sensor actually opens, triggering an intrusion alert. Prior to fixing this with software in SHM Delay, my suggestion was to move the contact sensor so it does not see the door movement.

No for the entry. exit delay is fine. For the entry you can choose doors for delay, not motions. All of this is for away mode, stay mode has no delay at all. If you open a door in stay mode it will trigger the intrusion.

I understand, the requirement to delay a motion sensor is only during entry delay, and it should only opeerate for a very short time frame until a specified contact sensor opens as is done in SHM Delay. The down side is someone could be in the facility and be running out the door. On the Hubitat, I would probably set the motion sensor delay to perhaps 1/2 to 1 second during entry delay.

In Stay mode (night) SHM Delay with an Iris keypad has an option to select instant intrusion, or entry delay. When using a Centralite/Xfinity keypad it’s based upon the icon used for arming: stay or night. However, many systems including the base SHM offer no user choice for Stay/Night mode.

In my opinion these issues are something that are best submitted to Hubitat support for resolution.