[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

I’ve got it I think. I think I had the wrong front door contact and front door contact (simulated) in the SHM and the Delay apps. Think I had them the wrong way around.

The front door opening also made the keypad chime when opened during the disarmed state. I found this was because I had ‘beep/chime these devices when real contact sensor opens, and alarm state is off (optional)’ checked and set to the keypad for some reason.

Edit: It seemed to work but then went a bit haywire. I left the house today at 16:15, the keypad allowed the 15s delay and seemed to set okay. That was until around 16:30, for some reason, the virtual/simulated front door sensor decided to start flipping between open and closed, thus triggering an alarm. What could be causing this? I’ve attached a screenshot to show what was going on.

As you can see, at 16:30 hrs for some reason, the front door delay profile just decided that it would send an open command to the virtual front door contact sensor, thus triggering the intrusion.

My front door delay profile in SHM Delay are as follows:

Real contact sensor (remove from SHM) - front door contact
Sim contact sensor (must monitor on SHM) - front door virtual
Optional - ignore these motion sensors during exit delay and when the real contact sensor opens during entry delay. These are monitored in alarm state: Away - Lounge keypad & lounge motion
Optional - contact name - blank
Profile name: Delay: Front door - contact
NEXT
Alarm entry delay time in seconds from 0 - 90: 15
When arming in away mode without keypad sim. exit delay time - 0
When arming in away mode option motion sensor entry delay time in seconds from 0-10: 0
Beep these devices on entry delay - blank
Beep / chime rhese when real contact sensor opens and alarm state is off: Lounge keypad
NEXT
Min no door warning messages: 1
Number of minutes between open door messages 1-15: 2
Log to notifications: On
Send push: On

The SHM Delay app uses the simulated sensor only when setting an intusion alert, by setting it closed, then open, then closed. It’s also possible to set it from another app, the phone app or the IDE.

In the IDE, My Devices, click on the Simulated Sensor, scroll down to “In Use By”. it should show the SHM Delay App, and SHM Security. Probably no other app should be using this device. Please verify.

I’ve had motion sensors give “false” alarms. By default SHM Delay issues a notification and and optional sms message (appears you have this on) containing the name of the real sensor that triggered the intrusion alert. SHM always shows the simulated sensor. What was the real sensor?

Just checked and I had SHM Delay linked to the virtual front door sensor, but also took off the IFTTT.com link and also one to a lighting notification just in case.

The real sensor was the front door one, I’ll see how it goes over the next few days as I come and go.

The Iris keypad is also now has a flashing ‘Off’ button, I’m assuming that means it’s low on batteries?

Edit: Another thought, can I also create a virtual sensor for the keypad to delay also? So that in the event someone were to enter through an unmonitored part of the house (e.g. window with no sensors on yet) and tried to disarm the alarm, it would start counting down to an intrusion?

Sometimes “less is more”

I have a Xfinity/Centralite and the only flashing lights are during exit delay when the Away icon flashes, and when the keypad loses it’s network connection and all the icon lights flash in random order. Low battery is supposed to light the battery icon on Iris and Xfinity/centralite, but never did on my device. It just stopped.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me on this device knows the answer.

That’s called a breakin, should sound an immediate instrusion alert. I don’t have all my windows monitored, but have many motion sensors throughout the house just in case and a Go Control 105 DB PITA to install siren.

Unfortunately, similar to previous attempts with this keypad, it abruptly stopped working after two weeks.

My keypad died suddenly a couple of months ago, without warning. New batteries and reconnecting to ST fixed it. Don’t believe the battery % in the phone app

Did you have to delete it and reinstall it? Replaced the batteries after they died, now nothing works.
App shows activity the past two days, though it hasn’t been working. IDE says, Active, but last activity 2 days ago.

I had some difficulty putting my keypad back online, but did not have to delete the device. Then the device transmit light stayed on 24/7 and the replacement batteries burnt out. Now on the second set of new batteries. I’ve also had some issues where the transmit light shuts off for no good reason. Removing then reinstalling both batteries ususally fixes that issue. Try placing the keypad close to the hub when attempting to reconnect.

There is more information at the following link.
https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-shm-delay-version-2-0/121800#keypadtrouble

@arnb I want to turn on “Activate Total Keypad Control” but I can’t find it in the “Global Application Settings”. I can’t find my simulated Internal Keypad created from the IDE. Btw, do I need to save and publish when adding the “Internet Keypad” from code in 'My Device Handlers" ? I see that the SHM Delay version is 1.2.0. Is that normal?

I am trying to make my Iris Keypad work.

Thank you

You need to update SHM Delay to version 2.1.0 by clicking on that hour glass (third box on the left side then updating), save then publish it. Everything else should then fall into place.

Currently the beta and Version2 repos are identical. Your result should look something like this

Yes

Hello, I want to delay my motion sensors, but I can’t find my motion sensor when trying to create a new delay profile. I only see my door contact sensor. I have created a new user profile, with a pin. I tried the pin on my keypad, but it won’t work.

Thank you!

I don’t know what is meant by “but I can’t find my motion sensor”. Please refer back to the documentation at the top ot this thread. It’s a process take your time.

Motion sensors to be ignored are defined in the delay profile. There is a flag in globals when multiple motion sensors must be ignored in a delay profile

I have four simulated contact and four delay profile. While performing some tests I noticed that Intrusion message I receive are not the title of the real contact sensor name that I have opened. It seems to be generated randomly. What should I look for. Thanks.

Suggest using a single simulated sensor on all delay profiles, although you can use unique simulated sensors. Alerts issued by SHm Delay always show the simulated sensor in the Smart Home Monitor messages. SHM Delay by default issues messages with the name of the real triggering sensor. Verify in Global Settings “Issue Intrusion Message…” is set on/true which is the default.

Check the notifications log in the phone app assuming Log to Notifications is on in the Delay Profile. You may also push these messages to your phone with settings in the Delay Profile

Should the triggering sensor be a Motion Sensor it may be mitigated by entering the names of the triggering motion sensor in the Delay Profile. Additionally when a motion sensor is in more than one delay profile, the Global Setting “Check other delay Profiles” should be set to on/true

Thank you for your fast answer. Unfortunately when I try to use the same simulated contact for a second delay profile I can’t get to the second page of the configuration process. Am I doing something wrong?

In global settings scroll down to simulated sensors must be unique and make sure that flag is off. If not shut it off and Save

As suggested I am now using one single simulated contact for the four delay profile (one per door). Unfortunately most of the time the notifications I receive from SHM Delay are not accurate. The real contact reported is not the one opened. Even worst, one of the test I did reported three intrusions when only one door was opened. What am I doing wrong?

Could be a few things. Which sensor is being reported as causing the alarm? Is the alert issued by Smart Home Monitor or SHm Delay? BTW SHM and SHM Delay instrusion sensor names are accurate.

My prior response should get you to the offending sensor, likely a motion sensor.

Also follow directions in Section 15, Initial Testing

Beta release Jun 28, 2018 09:45AM EDT Spoken messages during Exit and Entry delay now part of basic smartapp

What could this be used for?

• Speaks a user defined message during exit delay for both keypad and non-keypad setting of Away mode
  • Speaks a user defined message during entry delay. Default message varies when keypads are installed

Installation: Please Update from the arnbme SHMDelay beta repo

• SHM Delay Talker Child V1.0.0 Save, do not publish (new module)
  • SHM Delay V2.1.1 Save and Publish
  • SHM Delay Child V2.0.6 Save, do not publish
  • Complete setup instructions at this link
1 Like

HI, I do appreciate all your replies. English is my second language so choice of words could sometimes be wrong (ie: accurate). I just had time to follow directions in Section 15. Everything works fine when I have only one delay profile (frontdoor). I then created a second delay profile (backdoor). Then when performing my first test I received a SHM Delay notification wich I wasn’t expecting.
Here is what I did:
1- I armed the system (exit delay is set to 0)
2- I opened the backdoor (real contact) specified in the second Delay Profile
3- Both keypads (Centralite 3400) began beeping (up to know everythings works great)
4- I waited the entry delay (same in both delay profile)
5- At end of delay I received a notification “Frontdoor intrusion detected (SHM Delay App) at Domicile”
The frontdoor stayed close during the test.
The apps works has described (ex: siren triggered only after entry delay) but I tought the notification would have been for the backdoor.
DId I miss something?