I had to start a new thread (the original aged out for editing)…
Important: For installation instructions and other information or if you have not read it, please see post #1 of the original thread: [OBSOLETE 1.1.6 5/25/16] Big Talker - Talk when events occur
BigTalker RELEASE 1.1.8 10/11/2016: 1.1.8 Release
- I believe that I have squashed a couple of bugs that may have missed playback or caused playback that wasn’t desired for musicPlayer devices (Sonos, etc).
- There is a new
%description%token that you can use for a description of the event which occurred via device-specific text. Ex: %description% becomes ‘Front door is closed’ (Thanks for the idea STCommunity: adamoutler).
- The %devicename% token now does error control to find the next best device name rather than crashing the app if the expected call fails. The calls try in the following order: evt.displayName, evt.device.displayName, and finally evt.device.name - One of these will return something; the order is to try to make sure it’s the user defined name. (Thanks STCommunity: adamoutler).
- Changes default volume applied if in musicPlayer mode and musicPlayer device volume is less than 50% and a desired volume is not configured then device will bump up to 50% to speak and should return to the user configured volume on resume (was originally set to 75% if device was at 50 or below).
Development release 1.1.8a4 has been out for a month with no further issues reported; therefore I am moving it to release as 1.1.8.
BigTalker 2.0 is still in progress for those curious, follow this thread for discussion ( BigTalker 2.0 -- Development )
BigTalker RELEASE 1.1.7 (minor change) 8/22/2016:
- Added missing %devicechange% reference in in-app “Phrase Tokens” help page. (Thanks ST Community: @adamoutler)
- Removed Paypal donation link that no longer allows donation without login; just send via regular PayPal or the other methods. (Thanks ST Community: @Gorilla800lbs)
- Called setAppVersion() sooner in SmartApp execution to show version # more accurately.
Starting with this version release, I’ll begin stamping old version icons with an X over the speaker to let you know in-app that a newer version is available. If you do not wish to upgrade to the newer version, the X stamped version will continue to work.
Get it here: https://github.com/rayzurbock/SmartThings-BigTalker
–Or-- if you have integrated your IDE with GitHub, go into the IDE > My SmartApps > Update from Repo > SmartThings-BigTalker (master), check BigTalker.groovy in the Obsolete window, check Publish, click Execute Update