[OBSOLETE] Russound Multi-Zone Controller Integration

Nevermind, I figured it out!

Note to anyone else having this issue, be sure to not use wget to download the file from github, it changes the file. I had to basically download the file and paste the contents through a terminal session.

I just finished setting up a CAM6.6 I picked up recently and everything went perfectly! (ā€¦as soon as I remembered to open the port on the windows firewall on the box I ran the ST Node Proxy on). Thanks for this awesome app!

Is it possible to add control of the built-in FM tuner on the CAM6.6? I can set the tuner with the keypads, but not from SmartThings.

I am working on radio control with Alexa. Not there yet.

how did you set the port? did you have to forward the ort on your router?

Yes, port forward on your router.

to the device where the node server is installed correct?

How are you looking at implementing functionality for the radio? Through favourites or to be able to tune in a station? Insterested in how you do this!

Thanks

Maybe use favorites. But probably will just hard-code in webcore so that I can say ā€œAlexa, turn on the radio to WIMZā€ and the webcore piston will tune to a frequency of 103.5.

Iā€™m hoping you select favourites as it could work for satellite radio as well. I only have about 10 radio and satellite stations I listen to.

I am interested in what you are doing so would appreciate getting updates on your progress!

Thanks

Has anyone already worked out the code to use voice control to set the source? Iā€™m thinking of doing this but I donā€™t want to do double work if someoneā€™s already done it.

I really need help guys
when I tried to run NPM install for the monoprice controller I get the following error
It seems like it cannot install the serial port connection, please help

c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP>npm run install:mpr-sg6z

smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 install:mpr-sg6z c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP
npm install && npm install serialport@5.0.0

up to date in 1.213s

serialport@5.0.0 install c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport
node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(404): https://github.com/EmergingTechnologyAdvisors/node-serialport/releases/download/5.0.0/serialport-v5.0.0-node-v59-win32-x64.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for serialport@5.0.0 and node@9.3.0 (node-v59 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)

c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\ā€¦..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.jsā€ clean ) else (node ā€œā€ clean )

c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\ā€¦..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.jsā€ configure --fallback-to-build --module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release ) else (node ā€œā€ configure --fallback-to-build --module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release )
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: Canā€™t find Python executable ā€œpythonā€, you can set the PYTHON env variable.
gyp ERR! stack at PythonFinder.failNoPython (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\configure.js:483:19)
gyp ERR! stack at PythonFinder. (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\configure.js:508:16)
gyp ERR! stack at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:284:29
gyp ERR! stack at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:166:21)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.15063
gyp ERR! command ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exeā€ ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.jsā€ ā€œconfigureā€ ā€œā€“fallback-to-buildā€ ā€œā€“module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.nodeā€ ā€œā€“module_name=serialportā€ ā€œā€“module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Releaseā€
gyp ERR! cwd c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport
gyp ERR! node -v v9.3.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.6.2
gyp ERR! not ok
node-pre-gyp ERR! build error
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack Error: Failed to execute ā€˜node-gyp.cmd configure --fallback-to-build --module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Releaseā€™ (1)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess. (c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\node_modules\node-pre-gyp\lib\util\compile.js:83:29)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:159:13)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:943:16)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:220:5)
node-pre-gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.15063
node-pre-gyp ERR! command ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exeā€ ā€œc:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\node_modules\node-pre-gyp\bin\node-pre-gypā€ ā€œinstallā€ ā€œā€“fallback-to-buildā€
node-pre-gyp ERR! cwd c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport
node-pre-gyp ERR! node -v v9.3.0
node-pre-gyp ERR! node-pre-gyp -v v0.6.36
node-pre-gyp ERR! not ok
Failed to execute ā€˜node-gyp.cmd configure --fallback-to-build --module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Releaseā€™ (1)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! serialport@5.0.0 install: node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the serialport@5.0.0 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\ragai\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2018-01-05T18_01_48_935Z-debug.log
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 install:mpr-sg6z: npm install && npm install serialport@5.0.0
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 install:mpr-sg6z script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! C:\Users\ragai\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2018-01-05T18_01_49_162Z-debug.log

c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP>

Yes, I use the Ask Alexa app and webCoRE macros. It works well.

would you please be able to help me with this
followed all instructions to the t
when I look at the node modules folder I do not see the serial port folder installed after running npm install
here are the log files
I really need help guys
when I tried to run NPM install for the monoprice controller I get the following error
It seems like it cannot install the serial port connection, please help

c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP>npm run install:mpr-sg6z

smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 install:mpr-sg6z c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP
npm install && npm install serialport@5.0.0

up to date in 1.213s

serialport@5.0.0 install c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport
node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(404): https://github.com/EmergingTechnologyAdvisors/node-serialport/releases/download/5.0.0/serialport-v5.0.0-node-v59-win32-x64.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for serialport@5.0.0 and node@9.3.0 (node-v59 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)

c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\ā€¦\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.jsā€ clean ) else (node ā€œā€ clean )

c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\ā€¦\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.jsā€ configure --fallback-to-build --module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release ) else (node ā€œā€ configure --fallback-to-build --module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release )
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: Canā€™t find Python executable ā€œpythonā€, you can set the PYTHON env variable.
gyp ERR! stack at PythonFinder.failNoPython (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\configure.js:483:19)
gyp ERR! stack at PythonFinder. (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\configure.js:508:16)
gyp ERR! stack at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:284:29
gyp ERR! stack at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:166:21)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.15063
gyp ERR! command ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exeā€ ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.jsā€ ā€œconfigureā€ ā€œā€“fallback-to-buildā€ ā€œā€“module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.nodeā€ ā€œā€“module_name=serialportā€ "ā€“module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release"
gyp ERR! cwd c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport
gyp ERR! node -v v9.3.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.6.2
gyp ERR! not ok
node-pre-gyp ERR! build error
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack Error: Failed to execute ā€˜node-gyp.cmd configure --fallback-to-build --module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Releaseā€™ (1)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess. (c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\node_modules\node-pre-gyp\lib\util\compile.js:83:29)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:159:13)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:943:16)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:220:5)
node-pre-gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.15063
node-pre-gyp ERR! command ā€œC:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exeā€ ā€œc:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\node_modules\node-pre-gyp\bin\node-pre-gypā€ ā€œinstallā€ "ā€“fallback-to-build"
node-pre-gyp ERR! cwd c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport
node-pre-gyp ERR! node -v v9.3.0
node-pre-gyp ERR! node-pre-gyp -v v0.6.36
node-pre-gyp ERR! not ok
Failed to execute ā€˜node-gyp.cmd configure --fallback-to-build --module=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Release\serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP\node_modules\serialport\build\Releaseā€™ (1)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! serialport@5.0.0 install: node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the serialport@5.0.0 install script.

npm ERR! C:\Users\ragai\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2018-01-05T18_01_48_935Z-debug.log
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 install:mpr-sg6z: npm install && npm install serialport@5.0.0
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 install:mpr-sg6z script.

npm ERR! C:\Users\ragai\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2018-01-05T18_01_49_162Z-debug.log

c:\Users\ragai\Desktop\STNP>

Unfortunately that doesnā€™t help; I use Google Homes, no amazon devices.

How are you connecting to the controller? USB to serial? Do you have the correct drivers already installed?

yes and yes
it seems that it is getting 404 code when it tries to download the serialport from github???

ok got it to install but when i push on the zone controller buttons nothing happens in ST and vice a versa. When I push on buttons on ST app I see changes on the server through CMD line please help

ok got it to install but when i push on the zone controller buttons nothing happens in ST and vice a versa. When I push on buttons on ST app I see changes on the server through CMD line please help

do u think u can help me? I will truly appreciate it

you seem to have the monprice device I hope you will be willing to help me
I installed the server and confirmed that it is running through chrome browser
I installed the ST app and device handler
I discovered the zones in ST app
I can push buttons on the ST app and see changes in th CMD line but I cannot control the zone controllers and the zone controllers cannot control the ST app please help I really appreciate it

Hello @Ragai_Meena, I suggest that you troubleshoot the serial communication between the device that you are running the nodeproxy on and the Monoprice amp. What I did as one of the first steps after installing the device driver is to make sure that I could send simple serial commands and get back a response from the amp. I believe this video shows how to do a little troubleshooting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2X8Qiyxqs .
I run mine on Windows, so I think I used Putty to test serial communications.