[OBSOLETE] Rboy enhanced zigbee keypad DTH

New to the whole Smart things world and have a question about this. I wish to create my own custom lock setup using a drop bolt for a storage closet. Can I use this and one of the supported keypads to unlock this (dumb) lock with something like a Shelly Relay?

I have a couple of the iris il021 remotes and when i changed the batteries on one remote the lights on the front briefly came on and then never again. i tried different batteries and even the factory reset listed on the outside of the battery door. does anyone know more about this remote or does it appear that it is kaput.

@RBoy I was debating on purchasing this your package containing this handler but before I do I just wanted to check if this would eventually be converted to an edge device handler since it will eventually stop working once they drop support for the old device handlers.
Thanks!

I would wait to see what will still be supported with the end of groovy. Seems everything is very last minute and creators are scrambling to see what can be done before the sunset of groovy.

My Centralite keypad is one of the last remaining devices for me to pre-migrate. I’ve been trying to think of a way around it, anticipating it won’t be updated to allow for migration, but it’s the only way certain family members interact with my system.

I don’t think you can buy the library now as last time I looked he’s stopped selling it until the new Edge code is done. There is a FAQ page that you can check periodically - should be updated with more details hopefully soon!

Migration to New SmartThings Platform Frequently Asked Questions (rboyapps.com)

1 Like

My xfinity xhk1-ue keypads stopped working recently. I tried updating to the latest handler but it didn’t seem to make a difference. Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Will this smart app and device migrate with the upcoming platform changes?

We have reported a few bugs/issues/suggestions in the the stock lock Drivers to SmartThings.

Meanwhile we’re also working on updating this DTH to a Driver. Unfortunately SmartThings hasn’t provided a clean way to switch from DTH to Driver so it’s best to wait until they do an automatic switch over to the default Driver and then switch over a custom driver to avoid disruption.

1 Like

@RBoy Just wondering, would that default driver be a generic “Thing” Edge driver of some sort or would that be something more specific based on the fingerprint of the device? I know this is more of a ST question but I didn’t see that level of detail in the things I had read. If it is a generic Thing then it seems you would lose all functionality until you switched the driver to one that knows how to parse the Zigbee / ZWave payload.

I’m just trying to set my expectations on what will happen Oct 15th, thanks!

Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock - Version 02.00.03

• (New) Added support for Automations (scenes and routines) for special keypad features (Auto lock, Code entry, Invalid code, Tamper, Battery, Lock state, Button pressed, Arm mode, Motion, Temperature)
  • (Fix) Fix for ‘Untitled’ labels in new SmartThings mobile app

NOTES

• The UI does not reflect the new changes due to platform caching. Force the cache to clear by changing the device handler to ZigBee Button and then back to this enhanced device handler from the IDE; you may need to sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in. If that doesn’t work, you may need to exclude your device, delete the device handler, reinstall and re-pair the device.

@RBoy
Can you explain more about what this update does? I know it’s not fully ready for Edge, but does it have me any closer to eliminating Webcore or the LUM Smartapp for the purpose of arming/disarming STHM with my keypad so I can prepare for the migration? Thanks.

Is this driver going to be converted to EDGE or will it be killed?

3 Likes

Anyone know of any Zigbee or ZWave keypads that can be used as garage door openers with a code?
I have the IRIS v3 but it seems there’s no edge driver for it.

following because I would also like to get these keypads working again with edge drivers

1 Like

A new edge driver version has now been released:

[EDGE] Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Driver - Centralite, UEI, IRIS, Xfinity, Scout