[OBSOLETE] OSRAM Lightify Smart Dimming Switch(Ultra-fast Zigbee Handler)

Do u have it operating with a CoRE Piston? Can you show me ur set up?

Anyone have any guidance on how they r using their switch? I still cannot get mine to function… And makes no sense why.

I’ve tried this and it looks very promising. The app works perfectly but I can’t get the Lightify Dimming Switch to recognize a down hold. When I do “Live Logging” of events, it doesn’t log anything when holding the down button. It logs pressing the up button, pressing the down button, and holding the up button, but not holding the down button. Has anyone every experienced this?

I have 4 sets of osram lightify led strips id like to control. Do I need the osram hub to update the firmware?

If you wait a bit, that functionality is coming your way. It’s being tested now. If all goes well, then it shouldn’t be long.

Need some help. I’ve got this installed and working, but no matter what I put in Device 5, it won’t work. I’m trying to control a group of 5 lights in my kitchen. I can even move lights around within the Preferences. Whatever is in the device5 slot just does not work.

edit: scrolled up and found my answer.

I’m happy I came across this thread. It appears it will do what I am seeking. However, how in the world do I make it a SmartApp under My Apps? I thought I could pull from github when that didn’t work I thought copying the source code would work but that continues to give me an error on line 27. What steps am I missing to incorporate this in SmartThings?

Thank you

It’s a device handler, not a smartapp.

Thank you so much for this. I am just getting started with Smartthings and have a question about your code.
I have successfully gotten this to work. When I click the top button once it turns on, and the bottom turns off.
However, they just turn on. There is no fading, just an abrupt ON and OFF.
Is there a way to change the “ON” and “OFF” to fade on and fade off?

If the lights are on, and I press the top button the lights gently fade to the brightest setting. This sort of fade is what I would like to achieve for the on and off routines.

Is this possible with your code? If so, where would I look to make this change?

THANKS!

Has anybody been made aware of or if anything will come forth to support the 8 Function 4 Button Lightify switch? Unless I am mistaken, It is currently not possible to use the 8 Function 4 Button Switch in SmartThings.
8 Function 4 Button Switch - https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-LIGHTIFY-Function-Button-Switch/dp/B01M3OK6J7/

Thank you

The code (above) created incorporates the fading you want to achieve. You may want to double-check the setup of your device handler. Be sure to go to the device handler device preferences properties to enter the bulbs Device ID(s) and EndPoint(s).

If you buy one and check the logs, I can add rudimentary support. I need logs for pairing. You can dump them at https://pastebin.adamoutler.com

I am not technical at all so my question may be stupid. Is it not possible to issue the on/off commands upon which button pressed regardless of the current status of the bulb?

Any reason why this would have just stopped working? I have the dimmer tied to a single bulb. All of a sudden, it no longer responds to a button press or hold. Looking at the logs of the dimmer, it’s seeing the presses, but the bulb isn’t responding to it. The bulb is working when controlled directly and through other smart apps.

Where should I start troubleshooting?

Edit:

Well, that was weird. Somehow, either the network ID of the bulb changed or the ID got changed in the setup of the dimmer. Either way, I edited the ID in the dimmer and all is good now.

Anyway to make this work with a group of LIFX bulbs?

You are not the only one to experience this. I’ve seen others report it, as well as I had it happen once. Not sure if anyone ever figured out why. Also, I believe it’s the actual ID of the bulb that changes, not the dimmer settings.

+1 I mistakenly bought this switch and now desperately trying to figure out how to utilise it. i posted my query on another thread.

You’re talking about a different switch?

Don’t know if anyone’s made a device handler for it.

Hi!

How to I extract the logs? Sorry haven’t done it before, thanks!!

I have 10 lights that I’d like a single dimmer to control, but it only lets me configure 5. I got 4 working, but sorry, I’m a bit new to this… how can I assign 10? Thanks for all your work, this is great!

Adam, are you still willing to try to add support for the 4 button version? I have the logs for you. :grin: