[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

All my motion sensors have gone offline since migration. Tried reconnecting per procedure and non of them reconnect keep getting the log flash after the 3 flashes long press.

I also manually removed all of them tried to add again but app does not show anything found. Checked on IDE as well, there are no catchall or zigbee join events.

Changed DTH to Anidea still no luck. I am fresh out of ideas. Not sure what else to do .

I have a Home assistant box with zigbee stick, tried to pair with home assistant and it paired on the first try, so I can say the sensors are working for sure.

Thanks for the info on Visonic MCT-340 sensors. I have now replaced 3 Aqara motion sensors with Samsung motion sensors. And I replaced an assortment of Xiaomi and Aqara door sensors with the Visonic (Sage Echostar) MCT-340.

After some time, all of my Aqara - Xiaomi sensors fell off the network and could not be rejoined permanently. I tired of screwing around and replaced them all.

I’m not sure if the introduction of the line powered Sylvania Zigbee Smart Plugs caused the instability or of the new SmartThings app added to it. But ultimately I lost the ability to keep the cheaper Aqara - Xiaomi Zigbee sensors on the network.

If anyone is interested in purchasing these Aqara - Xiaomi sensors I’d be happy to be rid of them. They worked fine for more than a year in my home.

Lesson learned - stick with supported devices. The time you’ll waste fussing with the unsupported sensors will more than eat up the money you saved with the discount sensors.

Hi Keith, I was hoping you could help me. I installed your device handler for the aqara vibration sensor and everything seems to work well except the opened/closed status. I can select on the smartthings app that the current status is closed, the problem is the status never updates when the door is open, it always displays as closed, like it did not detect the movement at all.

Do you have any idea how I can fix this? Thanks!

It’s likely that your Aqara - Xiaomi sensors are connecting through the Sylvania Zigbee Smart Plugs as they’ll be Zigbee Routers/Repeaters which is why they’re then dropping off the Zigbee network. As someone mentioned earlier the Ikea Tradfi Zigbee Smart Plugs work well as Zigbee Routers/Repeaters with the Aqara - Xiaomi sensors.

1 Like

Interesting that you’ve had experience of them working when connecting through another ST product as when I tried introducing one of the latest SmartThings Smart Plugs my Aqara - Xiaomi sensors started dropping off the Zigbee network and it was when they started connecting through the this it all went wrong!

Can you add more steps as to how you connect to it using the non-Classic app?

I have been digging through threads for a couple days now, and I haven’t been able to find clear instructions for how to get a device to connect if it’s not in the supported list of brands.

Press scan nearby to put hub into pairing mode

One my humidity sensors fell off the network. Been trying to get it to work for two weeks. It seems to pair with the hub correctly if I bring it really close to the hub like some have suggested. I had difficulty registering events after moving it away from the hub. The v4 samsung smart plug doesn’t work as a router like some have mentioned. Finally, got it to work moving the sensor close enough to a phillips hue light bulb so that it uses it as a router to the hub. Was going to give up, but got lucky.

Having the following issue using both Bspranger and Orangebucket DTH, using Aqara temperature sensor. Have migrated to new app. The humidity and temperature randomly report as silly values. It corrects itself immediately after, but my concern is using these values as rules to switch things off and on.

With the Aqara temperature sensor, I usually interpret strange readings as an indication the battery is getting too low. It is not something I’ve noticed otherwise.

3 Likes

Is the samsung smartthings bulb for the repeater of the Aqara sensors?

Evening all, just got my smartthings hub setup and have successfully paired the temperature, pressure and humidity sensor using bspranger’s device handler, the only issue (its minor but I like things complete) is the battery status is showing as 0%. I tried repairing and reloading the DH but no change.

Edit - and just like that, just checked after eating dinner and its showing. Anyone experiencing a similar issue, just wait 30 minutes :smiley:

1 Like

It seems to be a characteristic of the Aqara devices that the battery reporting takes about three hours to start up. As that is the only source of routine, regular messages from the devices and usually the basis for the calculation of the checkInterval, it is always worth ‘playing’ with the device every hour or so until the battery reports start. I actually tweak my own handlers so they don’t set a short checkInterval until the battery reports start.

1 Like

Hi all,
I have v3 hub and severall xiaomi aqara devices all working well with these DH so thank you all in this community!

Question: is it possible to change the sensibility of the Honeywell smoke sensor? Or shut up the siren when i cancel the smoke alarm alert in ST app? Because when I do this the smoke detector continues “beeping” until the smoke clears off, even after I cancelled the alarm

Question 2: is it possible to use the xiaomi temp and humidity devices as triggers for switching on the heating system? Would it work ok with automations only? Or what would you recommend?
Thank you!

So I just bought 10 water sensors. No problem adding to network but I’m getting “Checking status”. Is there a fix to this in the new app? Changing language to English on my android device does not work. In IDE it says connected but no readings. Any ideas?

Also to add, I did add dspranger repo and the DH is linked to the sensor. I don’t want to open every sensor till I get one working.

I use these to trigger fans, temp and modes no problem. They are like any other device with events. I don’t use automations as they are too limiting but rather WebCore for everything. All good.

Daven, thank you for your reply. I am using with automations only for now but have the feeling that the temp sensor does not update that frequently. Is there a “public” piston that I can use with a thermostat function with periodic update of the temp sensor and therefore turning on or off the heating system?
Thanks,

I have nothing exactlty like you want but here are a couple of pistons the you can import and hack up to get going. One controls my Rec room heater, it’s a bit messy with all the conditions but most can be deleted. The other one stops people from changing the temp in the house to rediculous numbers. I made that one when my son had friends over while we were away on one of the girls was cold so she changed the furnace to 25C! PUT ON A SWEATER :wink:
Note: Don’t forget you can go here for any piston help https://community.webcore.co/

Presumably using xiaomi’s own sockets as repeaters gets around the issue of things dropping off the network, since xiaomi’s repeaters are designed fro longer intervals between check ins?

I found they work best with no repeaters in between