[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

The square (Aqara) version is the newest - i use it myself - works great… :blush:

Thank you. Any issues pairing it? Which device controllers do you use?

Some users have issues pairing Xiaomi / Aqara devices. It depends on a number of things - including what kind of hub do you have, what ZigBee channel is its ZigBee mesh operating on, and what mains-powered (plugged into the wall) ZigBee devices you are already using.

Knowing all of those things, I could give you a much better prediction of whether you’d have pairing issues, or other issues as well.

Do you mean device handler (DTH)?

The custom device handler that should be installed before trying to pair the Aqara Temp-Humidity sensor is the GitHub/bspranger/Xiaomi one, linked in the first post of this thread.

The only way to properly develop a device handler is to have the device in hand.

Personally I don’t have plans to purchase one until I have heard that it will work with US 60Hz power. It’s rated for 50Hz, which can affect the operation of coil relays, and I haven’t found any breakdown videos / photos /posts to see what the internals are.

However, @guyeeba over at the Hubitat Hub Community Forums has put together a Hubitat Hub device driver which could in theory be adapted to use with SmartThings.

According to him, there isn’t much difference to the Aqara Wired w/Neutral Wall Switches (models QBKG11LM & QBKG12LM) in what’s needed to control this new relay device.

So, once the SmartThings drivers for Aqara models QBKG11LM & QBKG12LM have been “fixed” to work with the changes in the new v26.x Hub Firmware, then they will likely also work with the LLKZMK11LM relay with a few modifications.

it is posible to add Xiaomi Aqara Camera G2 please

Sorry, the focus of this thread is Xiaomi / Aqara Zigbee end devices and that camera is a WiFi IP Camera plus ZigBee 3.0 gateway, which means it is a ZigBee hub that cannot be used with SmartThings.

It is not possible to have two gateways/hubs on the same ZigBee mesh network.

Firstly, thanks very much for all your help. You’re the best!

Your screenshot of the Lighting Automation shows “button number” - you pointed an arrow to it.

When replicating the same on my device, I have no button number.

I have:

• application: 03
  • endpointId: 01
  • manufacturer: LUMI
  • model: lumi.sensor_switch.aq2

And this DH installed.

• Aqara Button - models WXKG11LM (original & new revision) / WXKG12LM
  • Device Handler for SmartThings - Firmware version 25.20 and newer ONLY
  • Version 1.4.2b

Can you help me make use of the 3 other buttons please?

Sure.

The number of buttons that your SmartThings Hub thinks are available for automations from the device needs to be updated after installing the updated DTH.

The way to update the number of buttons for automations is to view your Aqara Button in the SmartThings “Classic” mobile app, open the preference settings and then hit “Save”:

Please let me know if that works for you.

1 Like

That worked. Such an odd quirk.

Thank you very much.

FWIW, I’m currently testing Hue GU10 bulbs directly paired to ST to see if they will act as repeaters and drop my Aqara sensors. So far, 15hrs and no drop outs. (I don’t have XBee to see if they are even using it as a repeater, but can only assume)

I know this is a super old thread but does anyone still have the humidity sensor working if so which one? the round one or the square-ish one? Also which handles are you using? Any help would be much appreciated. Especially since the alternative to these 2 cost $50.

I have 3 of the round ones. All super reliable. I am using the bspranger DTH updated by veeceeoh.

2 Likes

I have two of the square ones using the same DTH and they’ve also been dependable.

1 Like

thank you for the fast response. I didn’t receive the cam yet. I purchased it too fast

Just FYI, you can typically save over 50% off the Amazon prices on Xiaomi / Aqara sensors if you buy from Ebay or Chinese retail sites that target international customers. (Joybuy.com, Aliexpress.com, Gearbest.com, Lightinthebox.com, etc.)

1 Like

I second that.

1 Like

Can you please send me a PM with some log output showing some debug log messages for the Smart Plug when the temperature reports are received? With that information I should be able to troubleshoot the incorrect readings, thanks.

I bought 3 outlets and all of them show a temp reading of around 110 to 180 degrees (Celsius)
Could you PM me a quick “how to” so I can provide you with as much info as possible?

1 Like

For info, the no neutral switches have had device handlers updated and work fantastically. Temp sensor is still way off, but as a switch - they work.

2 Likes

I’m glad to help! But actually, it’s not a quirk, but rather by design.

To go from the old device handler to the new one with expanded recognition of all the hardware functions, it was best to set up the code to check on the model and set the appropriate number of available buttons either when the button is originally paired or when the user saves settings. There’s no way to have the device handler code execute automatically when the user updates it to a new version, so the only other option is to check the model every time a message is received, which doesn’t make much sense from an efficiency standpoint.

I am thinking of adding a “refresh” button that would also re-check the model, which might make more sense.

This surprises me because from everything I’ve read, Hue bulbs directly paired to a ST hub don’t work 100% reliably as repeaters. I’m curious to hear whether they work with your Aqara devices in the long run.

I saw that post and that’s great news!

The Aqara Wireless Relay Control Module which @dotan_shai asked about should in theory work with this updated driver as well.

2 Likes

What a great news !! I’m going to order 2 and let you know if it is working or not.
Thank you so much :+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Hello, It only recognice 2 pess for me, I press 3 or 4 times but none, only simgle click or double clicked
any idea?

thanks

Can you give more information:

• Model of button?
  • Version of device handler you are using in SmartThings?
  • How is it not working? When you look in the mobile app, or when you make an automation?