[OBSOLETE..] Monoprice Dual Relay On/Off Device type 11990

Edit: never mind, got it working. Thanks for the code, people!

Btw it’s on sale now for $22.50 (25% off). Free shipping over $50 too.

Looks like Monoprice hasn’t sold these relays for a while now… anyone know of another place I could buy dual relays for cheap?

Looks like these might be the same manufacturer.

You can save more if you buy 2, 5 or 10 packs.

I have the Vision ZL7432 two relay Z-Wave switch. I got it paired with my ST hub. It’s not presenting me with two on-off switches, though. It’s giving me one switch and a dimmer. Huh? I have no idea where the dimmer slider came from.

Can anyone tell me how to control the second circuit? Do I need a custom integration? The instructions say that controlling the second switch requires a multi channel command. Send Get command to the ZL 7432 to report the switch two status.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

Try installing the device handler here.

Also, you will need to install the SmartApp and virtual device handlers from:

I see you have it attached to a ceiling fan. I was told by vision that the relays can’t handle that. How did you get it to work?

sorry for the delay, not been on here much lately due to work.

Since my post above in October, I have replaced my Ceiling Fans with GE Fan controllers.

That being said, when I did have the 11990 connected to the Ceiling Fans, it would only handle On/Off, so I used the chain pull to set the fans to desired speed, then used ST to simply control turning the fan on and off.

No problem man. I got it figured out. I was using the wiring diagram that came with it. I found one online that was correct. Can I ask why you change to a fan controller? Was something wrong with the 11990 I should keep an eye out for?

Also on a side note if you don’t mind me bothering you, I hooked one of these up on a switch where one switch is a single pole and the other is a master in a 3 way. The ST only works on the master switch if the dummy of the master switch is in the off position. I wired it the exact same way as the fan/light and left the traveler in the master switch. Should the traveler be going somewhere in the relay? I tried adding the traveler switch in a bundle with the load but it rendered the dummy switch useless. Any thoughts?

Howdy,
Having some issues with this DTH. While I’m mainting local control and pretty much all automation, the device status is misreported in ST. It never reads the correct value. Has anyone been able to overcome this? If so, curious what DTH and smartapps you’re using.

Thanks!

First off, let me apologize - I haven’t read through the entire thread so I am not sure if the device handler and smartapp I’m going to mention in this post are also posted earlier in this thread.

I am using the Monoprice 11990 relay to control my garage indoor and outdoor lights. I appear to be using the following:

Device Handler:
dtterastar : MonoPrice Dual Relay

SmartApp:
dtterastar : MonoPrice Dual Relay Secondary Binder

Now, keep in mind that I installed this YEARS ago so there may be better alternatives out there but these work for me. In fact, I thought ST had added default support for secondary switch devices like the Inovelli products have. Maybe that was just added specifically for Inovelli.

Anyway, the way the DTH and smartapp work is that there is a “primary” switch on the relay and a “secondary” switch. For the secondary switch, you create a virtual switch and then associate that virtual switch to the secondary swtich in the smartapp. I don’t have links to the DTH or smartapp, but hopefully searching those names will find the correct ones. FWIW, I still seem to have the justintime : Monoprice 11990 Dual Relay Module device handler installed as well, though I don’t appear to be using it so I must have had an issue.

I have another 11990 buried in my closet somewhere that I never got around to installing, so this is a good refresher for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Brad_Langhorst. Installed both of those and everything appears to be working. Looks I just had the wrong combination of DTH and Smart App.

I know this dual relay switch is kind of old, but has been working fine for the last 7 years, recently they all went rouge…I can see them, but they won’t react to any command. Anyone having the same issue with a solution?..thank you.

It was probably caused by the switch from Groovy DTH to Edge Drivers. Open the device in the mobile app, click on 3 dots. If driver is an option it has been charged to an Edge Driver. If it lists driver do NOT attempt to change anything in the IDE.

I believe @Mariano_Colmenarejo “Z-Wave switch and Child Mc” driver will work with this relay.

1 Like