[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

I don’t think there is any harm in adding device handlers or smart apps to the wrong server portal but it’s not terribly difficult to delete them either. Consider it practice for getting them in the correct server haha. I never remember the server address so I’m in the habit of always clicking “My locations” and my hub to get to the right spot when I work in IDE. Have a good one.

Now if someone could help me figure out why I can’t send codes to 1 of 3 locks in my ST environment, that would be awesome (issue described in post above).

@WRXFanatic and @robh210
You should use the following URL to access IDE: https://account.smartthings.com/

2 Likes

Its working, kinda. A lot of steps were missing from the guide enabIing GitHub. There were some steps to allow things to happen and they were not there when i setup the first time. They popped up the second time I had to set it up.

Now I get errors pretty often when setting things up, but I am getting through them. I have both locks added and my new “test” user works like a champ. The ones I already had programmed in the locks for us and our friends work, but they dont notify. I deleted the friends and it still works on the keypad. Do I have to delete the codes on the pads I entered manually into the locks before adding Lock Manager? I didnt see that in the guide.

WRX, sorry your having an issue also. You seem to be the only one on currently helping. :slight_smile: You rock!

Well, fully resetting my Yale lock was the ticket to success. I had to pull the hardware off the door, hold the reset button on the inside down while inserting the batteries to factory reset the lock (after excluding it from the z-wave network). Now the codes push to the lock the first try. Phew!

@robh210, while I’ll admit the guide isn’t as robust as it could be, I don’t think I noted that it was really missing any steps regarding Github but it’s daunting if this is your first time at this. There are two ways to add SmartApps or DTH to your IDE. You can integrate from Github or you can use the more manual method where you copy the code, paste it in the IDE, save and publish for yourself.

From my understanding of the Lock Manager app and what I see it do in the live logging, if you have it set to overwrite (default setting), it should clear out manually entered user codes and overwrite with the codes that correspond to the slots specified in the app.

But, this wasn’t happening on one of my locks successfully so you may find that you’re running into a similar issue as me and may need to factory reset your lock? When you click on a “user” in the child app section where it says “Installed” and then scroll to locks, it should show the code that user is currently set to. In my case it showed the user as disabled on the lock when I click it and instead of the code it displays the failed attempts at setting it 4/10 and incrementing until it tries 10 times.

Anyway, hope that makes sense. Good luck.

Hello :slight_smile: I am currently trying to install this so I can use my keypad from iris. But as I am going through the steps to install it, I am having issues when I try to “Update from Repo.” I only see two options under the New section, and nothing in the Obsolete or Conflicted. Here are the two options that I do see;

devicetypes/ethayer/zwave-lock-reporting.src/zwave-lock-reporting.groovy
devicetypes/garyd9/zwave-schlage-touchscreen-lock.src/zwave-schlage-touchscreen-lock.groovy

I did make sure to use the correct information in the previous step to add new repository; ethayer lock-manager master.
Is there something I missed or can someone point me in the correct direction to get this finished up???

Hello, I’ve followed the instructions and have two Yale YRD-220 z-wave locks successfully installed and programmed with the Lock Manager SmartApp. My problem is that the Lock Manager app does not store my locks and users once I set them up (i.e., I have to set them up fresh every time I open the app). I’d appreciate it if anyone has encountered this issue before and can help. I tried to search the forums for a solution, but I’m fairly new to SmartThings, so I apologize if the issue has already been addressed.

Make sure you are setting up the locks/users in the Lock manager located in Automation: SmartApps, not the Lock manager found in marketplace: SmartApps: My Apps. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi, is anyone able to get notifications to work at all? I’m having trouble whether I use a contact or a text only. If it’s text only I get the notification that I’ve been signed up for texts but not texts on any actions on the locks. For contacts, which I’d rather use an email for, I cannot get this to work at all.

If I have any contacts in the contact book and I click notifications then it spins for a second and stops. No actions and nothing in the logs.

Any ideas?

That did the trick! Thanks a million!

I have a YRD240 and I been having an issue using the manual inside quarter thumb turn.

When I turn the thumb turn, for some reason this triggers my smartthings to run “Goodbye” and set Smart Home Monitor to Armed (Away).

I checked the Hello Home settings inside Lock Manager and cleared out all the settings.

Turned the thumb turn again, its still setting my Home Monitor to Armed (Away).

I checked the activity feed for the lock and it says locked by keypad after I used the thumb turn.

I checked the keypad child app and disabled “Act as SHM device”. Locked again by thumb turn, still triggering “Goodbye” and setting my SHM to Armed (Away)

When I lock the door lock through SmartThings, the activity feed says “locked by command” and nothing happens in regard to Home monitor.

Does anyone have any insight on how to correct this?

My preferred action would nothing really to happen. When I am home my Home monitor is going to be set to Armed Home anyways. So I don’t need my the door lock running any actions when I simply lock the front door behind me.

Did you check the “Goodbye” ST Routine?

I just did. My Goodbye routine is only triggered when my phone leaves.

Sorry been away a few days. It seems all my stuff is now working thanks to WRX. Thank you very much! Whew.

I just read where IseWise mentions checking the child app for the issue they are having, I do remember setting up child apps, but I don’t see where in ST to access those. In apps, I have one Lock Manager app, camera, doorbell and thermostats. Are the child apps somewhere in Github instead?

Thanks.

1 Like

Lock manager seems to throw errors with the latest iOS SmartThings app (2.5.0). I’m unable to add a user (or manage existing users)

Flow

• Naivgate to Lock Manager
  • Tap New User
  • Add name, code and slot
  • Hit Done

Actual:

• Alert banner appears:
    “User Name” Is now installing and automating…
    Then another banner:
    An unexpected error occurred.
  • Remains on User Detail view.

Worked recently with 2.4

Notifications are not working for me either. Not sure what is wrong.

I am having the same problem with my Kwikset 910. Have you found a solution?

For notifications, is it expected behavior to have the manual lock notifications tied to the first slot user? In my installation, when the lock is manually locked from inside, it always says “Front Door was locked by [User’s Name]”.

I’m curious if I don’t have a slot one user what the notification will say. I’d test this by moving the users around but I finally got lock codes pretty stabilized and I’m afraid to mess with it. :slight_smile:

When I added 1st Schlage Connect lock, notification and user code worked fine. But after adding 2nd lock, I am not able to assign user code to 2nd lock. What do I need to do? I am also planning to add 3rd lock but not sure if I am following right procedure? Do I need to install Parent and child app again for each individual lock? Thanks.

@amitshah241
I also had a problem when i added more locks.
I fixed them by switching the none working lock to the stock dth.
Once i got the the stock dth talking then i changed to new one. If things are still working then add the lock to this app.
Worked for 2 of mine anyways!

Alright i currently have a Kwikset 914 and a 910 installed on my system
the 914 works flawless!
however the 910 not so much.
I have installed on my exterior garage door which is located about 20 yards from my home hub and it seems for awhile the lock would drop offline even though my GE z wave switches and outlet in the garage were fine so i decided to install a GE Z wave outlet outside my house in direct sight with the garage door lock and this has managed to keep the lock online. However even though the lock appears to remain online it won’t respond to commands from the app or update lock codes. whats weird though is if i go and enter my door code in the door unlock fine and the smart things apps will recognize the current status and excuse a home command just fine.

I’ve spent weeks now dealing with smart things support and trying Z wave network repairs with no results so they are leaning to think its possibly a smart app issue at this point thats allowing the 910 lock to essentially go to sleep and become unresponsive to commands.

looking for a little insight here on where to go next
Thanks