[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Not that I am aware of but hopefully someone with more knowledge than us will chime in :smile:

Have you tried the DTH linked above?

Are you referring to the universal enhanced zigbee DTH? I tried that with no luck. I donā€™t think itā€™s meant to work on Zwave devices.

I wrote the universal ZigBee DTH and yes that only works on ZigBee locks. ZigBee DTHs will not work with Z-Wave, the one I linked above is a Z-Wave DTH though.

Can u link me the step by step process to do the rboy installation? Just Up to where I have to copy the code. I bought a subscription. Just need to know what step in smart things I paste it.

RBoy provides good installation instructions at the very bottom of the page kevin linked to a few posts above - just scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page.

1 Like

Jhamstead, thanks for the link! I was searching for like 2 hours last night and somehow I never found that script :cry:

Jmayer621, loging to smartthings website, go to My Device Handlers - New Device Handler - From Code. Paste in the entire code, hit save, then hit publish. Then you should be able to select that DTH when you edit your zwave device under My Devices.

Alright Iā€™m finally feeling healthy again, so Iā€™ll be with you guys soon.

Iā€™m going to bring back the old way of learning codes but using the current architecture, so we should get back the good compatibility of the old code with the added features of this oneā€¦ however it wonā€™t work out without a custom device handler for some locks, and for others it will work. Yay for disparity in specifications!

I should be able to write this out this weekend. Iā€™ll bring the old Zwave Lock With Reporting back into the main app so installing it will be easy in the future too.

Sorry about that! Thanks for being my testers. I donā€™t have a lot of different locks, so when I make a release itā€™s only based on good compatibility with two locks, the Schlage BE469 and Kwikset 910. this release didnā€™t go so well, but I think we can use this as a lesson!

3 Likes

I found this variation on the @garyd9 DTH, and while it appears that it was updated more recently, it is now also getting a bit long in the tooth. I was using this DTH previously with the old lock manager app, but it no longer works with the new app (and neither does the original @garyd9 DTH). I like these better then the Z-wave Lock Reporting DTH that is currently working, as they have addtional functionality and control over the Schlage locks. Any chance we could get either of these DTHā€™s working again with the new app?

SmartThings/Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock Reporting v2

It usuallly helps to post a link instead of the name, right? Also, I have a Schlage FE599 Keypad Door Handle that isnā€™t functioning at all with any of the three DTHā€™s. FYI.

Iā€™m getting a SchlageFE soon for testingā€¦ but it will be a few weeks. (Thank you Schlage!)

The DTH inside of this repository is a clone of that same app from trostcā€¦ trostc took it from garyd9 and I took it from trostc. Itā€™s the same code, with a couple lines changed to add a red color to unlock state and a boolean change to support the new code collection routine.

Hi @ethayer. I submitted a pull request to the Schalge DTH that adds some functionality. As it stands now, calling setAlarmMode() will only cycle the different alarm modes. So I add a setAlarmMode(newValue) method to allow passing a string value that sets the alarm mode to a specific setting. This allows me to set the alarm mode via CoRE to specific setting, for example when a routine runs. Please take a look and consider merging it. Iā€™ve been using it for a few days now and it works great.

1 Like

Im following the Lock Manager Documentation and have used GitHub to get the 4 apps to install. After installing the apps, and going to the marketplace on my iPhone, the ā€œMy Appsā€ section does not show at the bottom. Am I missing a step? I am confused on the DTH. Is that something I need to install first?

Hi Erik,

Can I ask for your help? I have the (New Model) Schlage Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-wave Technology and Extra Key BE468-2K (Satin Nickel), Iā€™m using the DTH from Trostc (but tried with Garyd9 as well) and your Apps. Everything looks working except the alarm function (see screenshot). any idea? many thanks in avance!

f7c89168-2d23-4200-a31f-e183a77968de 18:40:13: debug setAlarmMode sending [ā€˜988100700507ā€™]
f7c89168-2d23-4200-a31f-e183a77968de 18:40:06: debug "zw device: 08, command: 9881, payload: 00 62 03 FF 00 00 FE FE " parsed to [ā€˜nameā€™:ā€˜lockā€™, ā€˜valueā€™:ā€˜lockedā€™, ā€˜isStateChangeā€™:false, ā€˜displayedā€™:false, ā€˜linkTextā€™:ā€˜Porta de Entradaā€™, ā€˜descriptionTextā€™:Porta de Entrada lock is locked]
f7c89168-2d23-4200-a31f-e183a77968de 18:40:04: debug Porta de Entrada is associated to 1

@bartdyer
"Step 1 - select ā€˜Lock Managerā€™ from the IDE, check ā€˜Publishā€™ checkbox and click ā€˜Execute Updateā€™

Step 2- After ā€˜Lock Managerā€™ is installed, then go ahead and click update from repo, select the Lock Manager repo again, select the 3 remaining child apps and then click ā€˜Execute Updateā€™ (you can leave the publish checkbox"

Can you elaborate? I deleted the Lock Manager beta app so I donā€™t understand step 1

UPDATE
I figured it out.

Hey Everyone,

Can someone help me out? I am so new to this stuff and am currently at a roadblock. I followed all of the steps to install the 4 smart aps to my IDE, but when I open the marketplace on my iPhone, the apps are nowhere to be found. All I have done is follow the steps from the beginning of this thread. Do I need to do something else? Something with a Device Handler? I know nothing about this stuff and would really appreciate help.

Thanks in advance.

I was able to install the release version. When viewing both my Schlage 369 &469 Iā€™m getting the message "lock info was unable to load ", and advised to check batteries or connection. Batteries are fine as reported by this app and ststes are correct and updated so the connection is fine.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m doing something wrong, but when I check the boxes for all 4 apps after clicking ā€œupdate repoā€, I then check the ā€œpublishā€ box and click ā€œsaveā€, I get the below error:

Oh No! Something Went Wrong!
Error 500: Internal Server Error
URI /ide/app/doRepoUpdates

Is anyone else getting this as well? Maybe just a temporary outage? I first tried about an hour ago and itā€™s still happening now, but Iā€™ll keep trying tomorrow.

Same for me.

@eleazar @bago from a few posts aboveā€¦
"Step 1 - click Update from Repo, choose the lock-manager (master) select ā€˜ethayer : Lock Managerā€™ app, check ā€˜Publishā€™ checkbox and click ā€˜Execute Updateā€™

Step 2- After ā€˜Lock Managerā€™ is installed, then go ahead and click Update from Repo, choose the lock-manager (master) again, select the 3 remaining child apps ( ethayer : Keypad, ethayer : Lock and ethayer : Lock User) and then click ā€˜Execute Updateā€™ (you can leave the publish checkbox unchecked"

1 Like