[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

Got it, thanks!

Stuck on Lock is initialising.

I have gone through the setup process and get a notification on my phone saying ā€œFront Door sweep started.ā€ Nothing happens after that. When I check the web interface I see

Lock is initializing. This could take some time. (0/30)

And itā€™s been a few hours. Any idea what Iā€™ve done wrong?

2 Likes

I clicked on link to register but never got an email

Tried numerous times to register at lockdown.up. Never got an email to join link

Mike

Check your spam folder, thatā€™s where mine ended up

Not in spam/junk. Just not getting confirmation email from lockmanager

@ethayer Hi Erik - I seamlessly installed your app, and got my locks registered, and I was very excited. I have been using rboyapps Lock User Manager to run access for my accomodation for a year - it just stopped workingā€¦

My setup is I have xfinity keypads that LUM provisioned codes to - these are the locks that your app registered and configured. I also have zigbee light switch relays that I use to control electric mortice locks that actually unlock the doors. For this then in LUM I use a keypad unlock action to turn on the light relay and that opens the door (a separate simple automation 10 secs later turns off the light - which locks the door).

So Im looking for the equivalent unlock action in lockmanager.io - I see on your splash page you mention Automations - Automate actions when guests check in, when they check out, and more - but I cant see how to trigger such actions. I guess you are still building that?

I think lockmanager may also not work for me as it requires 6 digit codes, when the xfinity XHK1-UE only seems to handle 4 digit codes.

Great work on getting your app up and running. Im keen for any feedback you can give.

Edit: Actually I can work without an unlock action - I can code this as a simple automation in smartthings - if unlocked, turn on light. What I need is the ability to set 4 digit codes then I will be in business. Right now - I have used lockmanager and it has reset all my old LUM codes, and the replacement codes I have configured in lockmanager dont work at all - I configured 666666 and I see they are detected as invalid codes:

Edit 2: I stumbled across sharptools - this thread: Managing Lock Codes without Groovy - #14 by josh - SharpTools.io (web) - SharpTools Community
I installed sharptools, made rules to configure my locks, disabled lockmanager, and created rules tiles to run the config. It took about 3 hours and I have my access back in business.

Well, it doesnā€™t seem as of yesterday or today that Iā€™ll have a conflict with LUM because all of my Groovy apps no longer work and my link to Life360 is gone as well. Oh well. Knew it was coming. Now just have to deal with it. :wink:

1 Like

Not receiving invite email. Yes, checked my spam folder too.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m working on that. All those features are actually done on the backend but Iā€™m writing the UI to support it. I had everything working on the SmartThings app to edit these rules and such, but unfortunetly the way that SmartThings handles data doesnā€™t allow for much flexability to ALSO support a WebUI and the SmartThings app config editor at the same time.

The front end is currently is written in a framework called Angular. Iā€™m rewriting it in React so that I can make changes happen faster.

Glad you got everything working with SharpTools. Iā€™m hoping that lockmanager could support your use-case very soon.

1 Like

When I click on the Verify App Registration, I get the following pop-up:

CONFIRMATION Request Sent to Your SmartApp

You app should be able to handle CONFIRMATION request from SmartThings. To complete the verification, please issue an HTTP GET request to confirmationUrl provided in the body of the CONFIRMATION request before the token expires.

Not sure how to finish the verification

I finally got this working (sort of). My issue is I was using a custom device handler but after switching back to the generic Z-Wave Lock it now works.

My lock (Schlage) supports both 4 and 6 digit codes. Iā€™ve always used 4 and have some existing 4 digit codes Iā€™d like to reprogram. Is it possible to set the codes to be 4 digits?

Ok, I somehow finally got it to verify.

Ok, Iā€™m missing something. My locks got initialized and all my codes were deleted. Now, how do I go about adding new ones? If I bring up the Lock Manager App in the ST App, it displays the dialog about selecting locks and sensors, then asks me to give it permissions, and the promptly closes. This is on an Android phone. And I either donā€™t understand the web UI and what a ā€œMemberā€ is but that seems like you can add codes but doesnā€™t seem have a place to specify which locks with work with the code. Is there some documentation available? Also, is there (or should there be) a new thread for discussing the app?

Thanks!

On behalf of Erikā€¦leaving him to codeā€¦Create a new member - and explode the drop down indicated - you will see your locks. Add the ones you want the member to access with the code:

Thatā€™s what I tried to do. I clicked on that dropdown, clicked on Account and all it did was put the word Account with an x next to it in the box. Neither of my lock names appeared in that dropdown.

click on the little arrow

I realized the code could only accept 6 characters. However, I always use 8 digits for the access code. Is there a setting I can update the max characters? Thank you

Same as mine