[OBSOLETE] Lock Manager

It is only letting me install the parent app. Can someone send links to the child apps so I can manually install them?

Same here. When I follow the install instructions in the User Guide
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfi9ciqmxbjq9lo/guide.pdf?dl=0)

It enables me to install ā€œLock Managerā€ but it doesnā€™t show options for Keypad, Lock User, or Lock.

Any suggestions/guidance?

If you have installed version 2.0 (very likely), there are no separate child apps. The child apps are included in the Lock Manager code. The instructions are for the previous version (1.4).

Anyone tried using this with the newer SmartThings app? Just throws an error when trying to open. Works fine in the ST Classic app.

You get that error because all the SSL certificates for the resources have expired. If you change the https urlā€™s to just http, you can see it works fine, however that is not the ideal solution. The certificates really should be updated to keep things secure.

1 Like

My issue is with Step 5. How do I find the users/lock codes that are stored in my lock? Iā€™ve got some issues - probably because Iā€™m on the really really ancient lock manager release and want to wipe everything out and start fresh. The only way to do that is to find what user occupies what ā€˜slotā€™ on the lock and his/her codeā€¦ but how?

As I mentioned, you should already have noted these down.

Ah, well, there goes that then. I never wrote them down because I was relying on this app to remember them and the codes. lol

So I have installed the latest app, using the Zwave Lock DH and at first all seemed great. The minute I added one of my lock codes into the keypad and unlocked the door I got a push msg. Great. More testing and the last code I used no longer works. Tried the others which all worked. One time only. After that they no longer work. I re-programmed each entry code and fired up ide logging. Much to my dismay, while watching the DH log, I saw messages such as ā€œDeleting code number 1ā€ Why is it doing this??

Lock Manager have been working flawlessly for me for 1-2 year but this morning I need help.

My schlage device is coupled with WebCore to auto-lock/unlock depending on how I programmed my pistons. This part is still working very well. The lock unlock/lock as usual and without delay.

However, this morning I wanted to remove a pin code from the lock so I tried to open the Lock manager smartapp on the Smartthings ios app. Instead of the usual menus allowing me to add a lock, add a user, etc, i get this :

What am I doing wrong? Anyone have a clue what to do to resolve this? I donā€™t want to reset the lock and lose users/schedules, etc.

THanks!

Fairly recently (I think a month or two ago) I added new codes to my locks using this app, but now it doesnā€™t seem to work and I canā€™t figure out how to update the app.

Iā€™m using the ST Classic app and when I go into my SmartApps and then Lock Manager it looks like itā€™s prompting me for initial setup. When I click ā€œSave,ā€ it tells me that thereā€™s an ā€œError saving page.ā€ Any suggestions on what Iā€™m missing?

I was just starting to use the new app, since it looks like thatā€™s the way ST is going. I noticed there are some differences with the overall workflow and was wondering if yā€™all have a workaround or solution.

The new app doesnā€™t use routines anymore - only Automations and Scenes, and thereā€™s no way for Lock Manager to access Automations or Scenes, only Routines.

Have yā€™all found a way to use Lock Manager with the new Smartthings app?

SAme problem. That is the error I get from the new ST app

So before I head over to Rboys and pay for their app I thought I would just see if I can resolve anything here.
I have the SCHLAGE BE469ZP running with ST on my Shield.

1. i did the install and setup from GitHub and the app ā€œworksā€ in Smartthings Classic.
  2. It will not work in the new ST app. I even changed the code as suggested to replace the HTTPS for the images because of expired certificates and that failed to work.
  3. I have a user that I can NOT deleteā€¦ It says ā€œSomethingā€™s wrongā€ We canā€™t load your screen right now. I have deleted other users but this one is stuck. When I look at the lock details it shows all the slots including the one that is stuck with the correct name but there is no pin code associated with the slot.
  4. When I create a new user it will not save unless I first disable the user, re-enable (little swipe button) and then it will save.
  5. none of the code/slot expiry dates/times I have tried will work but I cannot find any documentation to clarify if the lock supports that.

I am happy to make a $$ contribution here also as I feel rboys is overpriced when I only want the Lock management app and donā€™t need any of their other stuff.

Appreciate the help.

Iā€™m on the same boatā€¦

@ethayer you did a wonderful job with lock manager years ago and Iā€™m grateful for what you did. If you have a couple of minutes before the end of the year, whatā€™s remains of ST community would probably appreciate an update on whether or not you plan to debug lock manager in the future. In its current state, itā€™s pretty much unsusable.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just reading over the documentation and then look at some of the notes. Before I begin this, in its current state is this working in 2020?

I know how much work goes into things like this and that is no small feat. Thank you so much for working on and building something like this. You rock!

It works just great, and it works fine with the latest release of the SmartThings app, just as well as with the SmartThings Classic app.

It used to work with the classic app but Iā€™ve never been able to get this to work with the new app. With the classic app being phased out you may want to put your efforts into something which works with the new app and kept up to date like lum from rboyapps. I was reluctant to shell out a few $ initially but it has been totally worth it. The support and the quality of their apps are excellent.

Smartthings seems to be constantly evolving so I can see the pressure on developers to keep their apps updated.

1 Like

Gotta thank ethayer. Lock Manager has been the best. Worked wonderfully for me for years. Between this and the various routines and Webcore pistons that allow presence sensors to control my locks, it has been awesome.

But ST has informed me itā€™s time to move to the new app. Iā€™m hoping for similar functionality going forwardā€¦ but am leery due to what Iā€™m reading here. Ah wellā€¦

@ethayer did an excellent job with Lock Manager and it has performed flawlessly for me for around 3 yearsā€¦ however it seems as though itā€™s not getting updated for use with the ST New app. Iā€™m unable to use the New app to add user codes- I have to do so only in the Classic app, which ST will kill soon. I guess maybe itā€™s time to go to RBoy app :cry: