[OBSOLETE] Lidl Smart Home DTHs

Is anyone else finding the colours of the RGB bulbs very Dim compared to the whites which are almost blinding.

I am using the Luis Mijares latest DHT

Yes but I think it’s the bulbs rather than the DH*. It’s mentioned in a Hue discussion and shown in the video linked above at 4:52 https://youtu.be/cVtGpdykGUM?t=292

*Although happy for someone to provide a DH that proves otherwise :grinning:

Thanks, I watched this on Saturday and dont know why it didn’t register about Pauls colour tests.

I hope this product line stays around for a bit and gets expanded on so cheap and so easy to setup with Smartthings with thanks to everyone who created the DH’s.

2 Likes

Many thanks for the Lidl DTH for the power strip its working great for me.
Would it be possible to make this Local rather than executing from Cloud? I’ve read you did this on some of the other Lidl device?

Many thanks for your hard work

1 Like

I had done a first try to get the power strip local, but the childs from plug 2&3 are not local generated. Not really like the idea to build 3 singel dth, to get them all 3 to local.

1 Like

Here a other DTH for the Lidl Power Strip.

It is a Mod for the Lidl Strip based on the brillant dth from WooBooung. There was a simple change needed to remove a other Tuya 2 Way Switch, as it used the same Model Code and we need 3 way for the Strip.

The code have a nice option to generate a new Main Switch to turn on/off all 3 Plug.

If you want use the option go to the 3 dots and change the preferences. Turn the “All” Option on then it take a bit and you get a new Switch in the App.

With this dth you get aswell some more tuya Switches. Less need of different dth is allways better.

3 Likes

You DTH works great, thank you for that.
I would like to make a change in ST but can’t figure out how to do this. How do I change the icon of the first socket of the strip. I shows up as a powerplug. the other two show up as switch. I would like to get the same icon or all 3 sockets (either switch or socket doesn’t matte which one)

Hi Fritz,

If you use the one from yesterday, then you get 3 or 4 (if you want use the Main Switch function) Switch Icon.
Delete Plug1 in the App, then publish the one from yesterday ( and if you use a other version delete it in IDE) after this start a new search and you get the 3 plugs with a Switch Icon.

I’m using this one: String version() { return “v0.0.27a.20201219_Lidl_Mod” }
Is that wrong?
I put the powerstrip in discover mode. Have ST detect a device (it tells me it’s an outlet) then I edit the device in the API and change the DTH to “Integrated ZigBee Switch” and the two other pop-up as switches. Then I edit the settings to get the all plug-switch activated.
So basicly ST detects the device as an outlet instead of a switch. How do I change that?

Normal it will detected direct the dth and should not show it as a single outlet and you need to switch in IDE to the dth.

Either you have not press the option publish for me in IDE after you had save the dth in IDE or your model or manufacturer did not match to the fingerprint.

Had you used “publish for me” in IDE?

With the infos from Frits we have identified a different Version for the Lidl Power Strip.

I updated the dth on github allready, and Frits confirmed that it works now for him.

Thx Frits for your help

1 Like

Hi all and thanks for the great work you have done!! Led strip works like a charm!

I have problem in pairing motion sensors. I dont really understand how to put them in pairing mode. I once managed to get one paired, mut not the second, so i removed both and tried again with no luck. Rebooted both several times, no luck. I dont know what the button at the backside supposed to do. Maybe thats the problem. Can someone give some advice? -Jyri

Could you please add to the definition of setLevel the parameter ‘rate=0’. In Home Assistant there is a big, and this is the work around for people that use HA with SmartThings to be able to control the brightness

Hey. On this link it says item not found 404

Hello Jyri,
based on my experiences, the big button on the back of the Lidl Motion sensor is not supposed to be the “reset” button. The reset button is hidden on the right side of the sensor, you have to use a sharp object to press it for a few seconds. It will start blinking, it means your sensor is in pairing mode. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Success!
I was struggling for ages to get colours to work with the gu10 lidl bulbs. Only white was working.

I added the various DTH in this thread, but still didn’t have any luck. But then…

1st, add device in ST: lighting - sengled
Then I went to my account setting in browser,
opened devices, opened said bulb,
stoll to bottom and EDIT, change “type”
Opens huge drop down menu - selected “lidl rgbw bulb” which was right at the bottom of the list.

And hey presto. Works great. Even with alexa (as I added the smartthings skill.

Lights: lidl rgbw gu10

1 Like

Try the links in the last post. Those are the actualiced ones.

Hi Oscar,

You have done the correct step for the gu10 rgbw, because the fingerprint for this one is not yet in the code.

1 Like

Hi! And thanks for reply!
I have resetted using the little pin that came with the sensor. Maybe i’ll try longer presses. Still wonder what that button is for?

Makijy01,
Based on the manual of the Lidl Motion Sensor, for paring mode, the reset button has to be pressed for 2 seconds, and the green led should start blinking.
(pressing the reset button for 5 seconds is for removing the device from the hub)
I am also wondering, what is the big button on the back for. The manual doesn’t explain it. I suspect that’s some kind of “force refresh”.
(for example, Fibaro Motion sensors read their new settings (blind time, sensitivity, etc) from the hub after pressing a similar button (or after a regular period).