[OBSOLETE] Kodi Manager - playing status and control

Hi @toliver182 - we had chatted previously about a Kodi integration I was developing for interfacing with Kodi and reacting to Kodi events without requiring any third party installations like plugins or relaying software. I just wanted to let you know that I’ve released the Device Type/SmartApp and you can find the post here:

Check it out and let me know what you think! :smile:

1 Like

@toliver182,

I am using your code with rule machine for the type music player and doing different actions for play/pause etc.

There is one issue your code does not make calls to “music” to send the status. I have added it manually to test and it seems to be working correctly.

You need: sendEvent(name: “music”, value: “playing”) called when you detect something playing, same for pause.stop, default (I used stopped) etc.

Thought I would pass it along.

edit - scratch this nevermind! Bruce is now using status in Rule Machine so this isn’t needed

1 Like

Could you create a youtube video with the all process to make it work?

Thanks

As Kodi and MediaPortal are both XBMC, is there any chance this also works with MediaPortal?

Or are anyone aware of a similar SmartApp that works to control MP?

Thank you for all your effort so far. I have installed the app - followed the instructions and got everything working.

Question:
How can you achieve bi-directional control ? I only see the options to control the lights… What about the above mentioned scenario ?

Awesome app! Any tips on getting Kodi status to update when I press play or pause from something other than smartthings? Is there a guide somewhere on that? Thanks!

try sending the request from Kodi Callbacks to IFTTT’s Maker channel and respond accordingly via recipe. Good luck…

Quick question: I made it to step 6 under “Install the Kodi Manager SmartApp.” It tells me to “Fill in the details that have been requested.”

Where do I get these details (e.g., client name, Kodi IP, Kodi port, etc.)?

You can get that from Kodi Web interface settings. http://kodi.wiki/view/Web_interface