[OBSOLETE] Kodi Manager - playing status and control

Your very welcome.

I’m in IT app support, I spend my life in power shell and bash scripts.

I never touched groovey before yesterday it’s been a steep learning curve. It’s seems the same as most object orientated languages, slight changes in syntax and a lot of logging lol

I’ve request that @bravenel add music player to rule machine, hopefully he has time

Quick test on one device has it working nicely.

I did email myself the links and just edit the settings.xml manually - wasn’t too bad

Nice fast rewrite and appreciate the work!

Hi All

@thildemar has advised me that the link i had for the kodi plug in was an old version designed for xbcmc.

The kodi plugin is here:

Any chance we can get a little more precise instructions with how we enter the URL’s in the callback add-on? I am so confused about where to even enter them! Sorry for the noob question just never used this add-on before and the documentation isn’t really helpful to me. Can’t even find an example online to go off.

2 Likes

Mine is showing “Null” when I play videos on mine. Pause and play work correctly.

I’ll add logs when I get a chance

I’m using xbmc.callbacks2 instead of kodi.callbacks, but I would assume that the setup would be similar if not identical.

Go to Configure under the add-on information screen

Under the Playback tab edit the all of the options on the right to Type = http and then copy/paste the URLs into the appropriate spots.

Thanks @toliver182 for putting this together!

1 Like

Thank you @nelemansc! I think I got it setup properly but maybe there is an issue with the add-on. I am running Kodi on Windows using Jarvis RC2. Here is the error I am receiving after I setup the task and event. I am using the latest Kodi callback update as well. Any help is greatly appreciated

08:16:44 T:6692  NOTICE: $$$ [kodi.callbacks] - Task starting for onPlayBackStarted
08:16:44 T:6692   ERROR: $$$ [kodi.callbacks] - ERROR encountered for Task T1, Event onPlayBackStarted
                                            ERROR mesage: <attribute 'message' of 'exceptions.BaseException' objects>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\shokouhi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.service.kodi.callbacks\resources\lib\tasks\taskHttp.py", line 106, in run
                                                u = requests.get(self.taskKwargs['http']+self.runtimeargs, timeout=20)
                                            TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects
08:16:44 T:6692  NOTICE: $$$ [kodi.callbacks] - Task finalized for onPlayBackStarted
08:16:45 T:7424   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):

I’m trying to set this up. When you say “17. Set events to the corresponding URL you copied from the app” - do you mean just writing that exact url into a callbacks2 Task and then setting the corresponding event to that Task? If so, is there anything else I should be doing?

For those having issues with URLs and callbacks addon. Please take a look at my updated instructions:

Also check out the wiki page for Kodi Callbacks: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Callbacks

And make sure you grab the latest version, I have been working with the addon author over the last week or so on fixing a few bugs, particularly in Android.

1 Like

Ah ok, well I took at look your set of instructions and I actually did follow them correctly the first time (imagine that lol). I tried to update the add-on but I still get the same error I posted above. I just now tried to perform the test under “General” Settings and I am getting an error. Seems to do with a windows installation and incorrect path so I reported a bug on Kodi forums with my logs. Hopefully that will resolve this issue.

Yeah, Ken has been pretty quick on the Kodi forums. Hopefully he will get you sorted.

Hi @toliver182 - we had chatted previously about a Kodi integration I was developing for interfacing with Kodi and reacting to Kodi events without requiring any third party installations like plugins or relaying software. I just wanted to let you know that I’ve released the Device Type/SmartApp and you can find the post here:

Check it out and let me know what you think! :smile:

1 Like

@toliver182,

I am using your code with rule machine for the type music player and doing different actions for play/pause etc.

There is one issue your code does not make calls to “music” to send the status. I have added it manually to test and it seems to be working correctly.

You need: sendEvent(name: “music”, value: “playing”) called when you detect something playing, same for pause.stop, default (I used stopped) etc.

Thought I would pass it along.

edit - scratch this nevermind! Bruce is now using status in Rule Machine so this isn’t needed

1 Like

Could you create a youtube video with the all process to make it work?

Thanks

As Kodi and MediaPortal are both XBMC, is there any chance this also works with MediaPortal?

Or are anyone aware of a similar SmartApp that works to control MP?

Thank you for all your effort so far. I have installed the app - followed the instructions and got everything working.

Question:
How can you achieve bi-directional control ? I only see the options to control the lights… What about the above mentioned scenario ?

Awesome app! Any tips on getting Kodi status to update when I press play or pause from something other than smartthings? Is there a guide somewhere on that? Thanks!

try sending the request from Kodi Callbacks to IFTTT’s Maker channel and respond accordingly via recipe. Good luck…

Quick question: I made it to step 6 under “Install the Kodi Manager SmartApp.” It tells me to “Fill in the details that have been requested.”

Where do I get these details (e.g., client name, Kodi IP, Kodi port, etc.)?

You can get that from Kodi Web interface settings. http://kodi.wiki/view/Web_interface