[OBSOLETE] Kevo Plus Device Type (DTH Link in post 18)

Were you able to unlock the door via voice? That is what is blocked via Google Assistant for me.

Yep, it works for me. Are you saying ā€œActivate [routine name]ā€?

Yep. See how I set up my routine and what it says when I say ā€œActivate Unlock Front Doorā€.

The name doesnā€™t line up between the screenshots, because I tried updating the name to see if that fixed it. Nope.

What am I missing?

Iā€™ve named my routine ā€œUnlock Side Doorā€, then I said to Google Assistant: ā€œSync My Devicesā€, then to trigger the routine, I say ā€œActivate Unlock Side Doorā€. As far as I understand it, the ā€œActivateā€ keyword is a special word for Google Assistant to serve as the prefix to execute any established routine. I hope that helps, cause thatā€™s all I got.

Thanks for the tips. Mine still only can lock, not unlock :frowning:

Not sure why ā€œAssistant is not permitted to do soā€ on my phone but not yours.

I need some help here. Iā€™m brand new to the smartthings community and iā€™m having no luck getting this working. I have setup the device handler and the smartapp from the github repository. I setup the new device using the ā€œKevo Unofficialā€ item type, and edited the device with my Kevo user name, password, and copied the Kevo LockID from the website.

Iā€™m assuming I did something wrong, because I am not able to get the lock to do anything. When I open the Samsung Connect app and try to click on the device all i get is ā€œCannot Connect to deviceā€. Not sure how to check it any other way or where to access the logs for this device. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay so disregard. I got it to work in the smart things app, but I am now getting the same error that Eric is getting. I can lock my doors but not unlock them.

Unlocking seems to have a delay of a few seconds longer than locking does. No idea why.

Also, THANK YOU!!!
Iā€™ve been trying to get at least the ability to lock the doors at night, and this has worked nearly flawlessly.

i imported the DH, and added the device, but smartthings is constantly reporting it as ā€˜jammedā€™ and none of the operations work thru it. reports and operates properly thru the kevo app, and alexa

I seem to be having the same issue you had. Iā€™ve setup the device handler, smartapp, and setup the locks as new devices with my Kevo username, password, and lockID. The Samsung website is able to get updates from mykevo in regards to the status of my locks. However, the Smartthings/Samsung Connect app says ā€œCannot connect to device.ā€ How were you able to fix this in the app?

Iā€™ve been using this for months now with almost zero problems, but over the last 24 hours or so, the lock has started showing as ā€œjammedā€ in Smartthings, but fine in the Kevo app. I have the door lock and unlock based on the presence of my wife and I coming or leaving and sheā€™s started shouting at me because the front door doesnā€™t automatically unlock when she gets homeā€¦ help and help quickly!! :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m seeing in the logsā€¦

Hey folks, Iā€™ll take a peek at these hopefully later this week or over the weekend. There might have been a recent change in the KEVO api thatā€™s causing the jammed message (personally I get the ā€œdevice unavailableā€ until I force a lock/unlock/refresh sometimes rather than the jammed message.)

In the meantime, hereā€™s what the HTTP codes usually mean:

500 - server error
200 - Successful request
302 - redirect to another url - this is usually due to an auth issue

Lastly, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend against unlocking via voice. All it takes is some a-hole outside your house screaming ā€œACTIVATE UNLOCK DOORSā€ or some such and getting right in. This is why Google and Alexa generally prevent using unlock capabilities via voice - its a huge security hole.

If thereā€™s other issues, please make sure to file an issue in github. It makes it much easier to track.

I have updated code in the development branch of the github repo. Setup a second device using that branch instead and then in the device preferences check ā€œenable debug loggingā€. That should produce significantly more logging data. See if that gives some insight.

Thanks! Sorry, Iā€™ll report issues in github next time. I modified the code locally to update status after 5 seconds, rather than 2, but Iā€™m not sure that ā€œfixedā€ the issue.

The problem has gone away but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s because I changed the code, I think there must have been an issue at the Kevo end as you state above. The 500ā€™s gave me that impression.

Iā€™m going to change my code back to your standard code, but I appreciate you looking into it. Iā€™m assuming that you also had the same issue if you saw similar messages?

You can avoid the security issues by using a secret phrase for unlocking. I have mine set through IFTTT when I say a phrase that only my wife and I know, to trigger Kevo to unlock. We do not tie kevo directly to google, thus, unlocking by voice can only be done by using the secret phrase. (To be clear, we unchecked Kevo as one of the devices available to google assistant in the smart app in Smartthings)

So, first you make sure Smartthings and Google Assistant are linked to IFTTT, and your Kevo is setup using the Kevo Device type . Second, you create an applet with Google Assistant with ā€œSay a simple phraseā€ as the trigger in the ā€œif thisā€ section. Then, you create the triggers to be the secret phrase you will remember. Then, you set the action in the ā€œ+Thatā€ section to unlock your Kevo Lock (Through the Smartthings service, select your kevo, and select unlock as the action)

You can also do the same thing locking Kevo.

I went here and tried to create the device handler. Everything works exactly as youā€™ve stated; however, when I scroll to the bottom of the device type list, thereā€™s no ā€˜Kevo Unofficialā€™. I scrolled the entirety of the list 3 times and canā€™t find it. Is it perhaps labeled as something less obvious now?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Might help if I add the device handler first. Iā€™m new here :crazy_face:

Seems to have stopped working. Anyone else having issues?

{GUID} 5:35:53 PM: error couldnā€™t determine lock status after refreshing, null
{GUID} 5:35:53 PM: warn Couldnā€™t update state from java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to complete. Message was: General SSLEngine problem
{GUID} 5:35:53 PM: warn Couldnā€™t update state from java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to complete. Message was: General SSLEngine problem
{GUID} 5:35:53 PM: trace not logged in, redirecting to login start
{GUID} 5:35:53 PM: trace refresh:0
{GUID} 5:35:31 PM: warn Couldnā€™t update state from java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to complete. Message was: General SSLEngine problem
{GUID} 5:35:31 PM: warn Couldnā€™t update state from java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to complete. Message was: General SSLEngine problem
{GUID} 5:35:31 PM: trace not logged in, redirecting to login start
{GUID} 5:35:31 PM: trace unlock

Iā€™m having the same problem. I think there might have been a firmware update.