[OBSOLETE] Keenect V1.2.0, optional separate vo settings for cooling, vent obstruction auto clear

Just verified they’re all open, with a caveat for the laundry room, its about 60% open.

I’ve been in the attic and there’s about 12-14 inches of insulation on the ceiling, across the attic.

So I just wanted to check how my temps were doing and with the above screenshot setup, my girls room was 79, my sons room and family room was 77.

I almost had an aneurism. I work in a SCIF and rushed out to my phone so I could open those vents before the inside temp surpassed the outside temp of 80.

Keep in mind my downstairs vents are all closed and my 2 Keen vents in the living room (downstairs) are set to a max VO of 20 (and that room is currently 72).

Am I doing something wrong? My WAF has plummeted due to the cost of these and how many the Keen website stated I “needed” based on the size of my home.

Edit:
Temp has dropped a hair since opening them:

Front door was the very first sensor I installed with the hub. Iris contact sensor,. Never took the time to reset it and re-pair.

Since my master bedroom has 3 vents, I closed 2 hoping to see a shift in the 3 zones on the second floor. That leaves 4 dumb vents open theoughout the house, well, on the second floor since all vents are closed downstairs.

One in master closet, master bath, kids bathroom and my office.

While the temps will be cooler tomorrow, I really want to see how this change affects my focus zones.

@Mike_Maxwell

I just looked at the app and didnt see this so I guess its a feature request.

At the end of an AC cycle, can these vents have the capability to move to full open? Currently there is a “close vent option”

I have my Ecobee scheduled to run the fan X number of minutes/hour. For maximum efficiency, the vents would need to be fully open to allow the fan to circulate better.

1 Like

not a bad idea, there’s some new items being worked on with another community member, so this can/should be able to be added.
No ETA on this release yet…

1 Like

Just ordered 6 more vents (on sale) and installed the over pressure sensor. Not gonna lie, im I’m looking forward to warmer weather to see how these work.

My plan is to install a smart vent in the entry, formal dining and living rooms, and 2 in the master. This should help my situation…I hope. I shouldnt have to replace ALL my vents, should I?

probably not, especially if the coldest rooms during heating, are the same rooms being the hottest during cooling… these wouldn’t need replacing.

has this been tested at all with the semi-recent official ecobee3 device? It seems like it may not be working for me, not sure if it’s just not reporting the statuses that this needs or if something else is going on…

Mike

When I run a report in Keenect it shows my cooling offsets at 26.0’C, but when I look at the cooling offset in the zone configuration it is set at 0’C.

Any idea what might be causing this, I just recently switched over to cooling so I’m trying to make sure everything is working correctly.

It is also incorrectly reading the current cooling set point, the ecobee 3 thermostat is in the home mode at 25’C not the night mode of 26’C which is what it is displaying.

The version from the bottom of my smart app says keenect 1.0.2 and keenectzone 1.0.2, but the app in my smart things api are 1.1.1 and 1.2.0a respectively.

And one more things, while playing around one vent says obstructed, how does the auto un-obstruct work?

Regards,

Matthew

The zones only update the set points shown in the reports from the thermostat when the main hvac is running. I don’t have hvac, but others that do haven’t reported anything along these lines as an issue.
The current versions that should report at the bottom of keenect are 1.1.1 and keenectZone 1.2.1, so make sure you update to those versions. There were some ac related bugs in previous versions.
Auto clear cycles a vent that reports it self as blocked.

Mike

The versions in the API are correct, I uninstalled from my smartphone and re-installed and it’s still saying 1.0.2 and 1.0.2a at the bottom of the information screen.

Could that just be a display issue or should I uninstall from the API itself?

Regards,

Matthew

Not sure what you mean by the api, are you saying that in the ide, under show locations, list smartapps, then listing the application state details shows 1.1.1 and 1.2.1? , but in the mobile app, keenect is reporting an older version?
If that’s the case it would appear that the mobile app isn’t being updated from the ide.
In the ide, under smartapps, when you edit keenect and keenectZone, what versions are listed at the very top of the app? If these are 1.1.1 and 1.2.1, try publishing both again?

@Mike_Maxwell mine is only showing 1.1.0 and 1.2.0a, I tried doing an update from repo in the IDE and it’s not showing any updates and I checked your Github link and both apps are showing the version that I have. Just want to make sure I’m not missing any updates.

Yup, my bad. I have a few new features in my local copy, that aren’t released yet. So the current repo versions 1.1.1 and 1.2.0a are the latest production releases.

1 Like

Now that AC is in full force, how are your sensors holding up? Mine are all over the place, but not near reality. What others’ experiences are?

Hi Mike. Thanks again for such an awesome app.

I have different vent configs during the day and night (and I have a pretty — rough app to handle this) - would it be possible to create Multiple Keenect apps - that work in particular modes? Have different setpoints/rooms and such per mode.

Thanks!

(PS, I’m also happy to take a stab at this if this is interesting to you)

We, as in all the dev testers and I spent some time discussing this during the beta phase for version 1. We pretty much caped the feature set for V1 without this.
@Brian_Murphy has some nice contributions to the app, and I think it might be time to work on multi mode, which is what we called what you’re looking for.
So I’ll get back to incorporating Brian’s work, a few things I was looking for, over temp triggers, and something else I can’t remember. I just need to get another app I’m working on done first.

the “open all vents to fully open when cycle is completed” feature? So the fan can circulate the air.

That would kill the batteries in your vents in no time, wouldn’t it?

@Mike_Maxwell

Sorry mike, got my acronyms mixed up between API and IDE.

In the myapps section of the IDE it has the correct versions, the app on my phone says it is the older one.

I am going to try and remove the app via the IDE instead of through my phone and see what happens.

So I re-installed the app after removing it through the IDE and it still says versions 1.0.2 at the bottom (app on my phone). In the myapps section of the ide when I click on keenect it says 1.1.0 at the top where the info is and keenect zone says 1.2.0a.

I’m wondering if the version lisedt at the bottom of the app on my phone is just a legacy display issue and that is not the actual version, is there a way to confirm the version on my phone another way?

Regards,

Matthew