[OBSOLETE] j64Harmony - Amazon Echo + Harmony Hub Integration

Also, won’t run, getting this error even though I installed .net core and Visual Studio, etc;

“Running dotnet restore for Xmpp”
“Running dotnet restore for Web”
"Running the j64Harmony Web App"
Project j64.Harmony.Xmpp (.NETStandard,Version=v1.5) was previously compiled. Sk
ipping compilation.
Project j64.Harmony.Web (.NETCoreApp,Version=v1.0) was previously compiled. Skip
ping compilation.
The specified framework ‘Microsoft.NETCore.App’, version ‘1.0.0-rc2-3002702’ was
not found.

• Check application dependencies and target a framework version installed at:
    C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App
  • The following versions are installed:
  • Alternatively, install the framework version ‘1.0.0-rc2-3002702’.

So the deal is, the version of .net that you built it on doesn’t exist anymore since it was release candidate, the current release version is 1.0.1, so I can’t deploy this :frowning: I’ve updated the .json with the 1.0.1 version but there are a ton of other RC versions listed and I’m not sure what the current production version of them is…

Ok, I was able to fix this by opening the project in visual studio where it gave me an error stating a .net version was missing and provided a link to get it. I have installed the old RC version of .Net and now it’s working. Thanks!

1 Like

How can I use this to control multiple hubs? I tried copying it out to a different folder, set it to a different port, ran it, but it connected to the same instance so that method doesn’t work. I have 6 hubs I would like to be able to control this way.

@Matthew_Freestone While I try to do some modification of hub.cs under src\j64.Harmony.Xmpp, but when I replace the new hub.cs and execute j64Start again. It will give me the error, but when I copy the original hub.cs back, It will be OK, the new hub.cs, I just comment one line, and nothing change… as I have no idea on the net environment and code, Do you know how to debug it… If could check the this subjects, You will know what problem I am facing now…

Sorry Mitchell, are you trying to get a single instance (normal deployment) up and running or are you trying to get multiple instances? I’m not a dev and I didn’t write this so I don’t think I’d be much help in debugging this and I’m entirely sure what your current issue is? If your code is messed up, just delete what you’ve got and re-download his code.

@Matthew_Freestone How we can install the new net framework 1.0.1 but not default 1.0.0-rc2-3002702 as it is no longer available, but you do mention we could use visual studio to opening the project in visual studio where it gave me an error stating a .net version was missing and provided a link to get it. How to do it, perhaps I can use visual studio to some some debug work of code ?

Yes, just get the free visual studio from the same link he already provides. Install it, then open the project and then follow it’s instructions to get the ‘missing’ framework.

@Matthew_Freestone Did you encounter the problem at Step 1 of http://localhost:5222 , when enters all the information , still got “Could not authenticate with harmony cloud service”… The problem I found is I was kick out from the Web setup of localhost, and when I try enter the information and go through all the setup again, It never allow me to step 2, and always show above error message, Have anyone experience such problem, I happen yesterday until now, and I did not change anything, and It happen at Win 10 and Mac Min mac OS Sierra,

it should be http://localhost:2065 unless you’ve changed the ports? Other than that, no, I haven’t experienced the issue you are having.

I am trying to set this up as a scheduled task to automatically run when the computer starts up, but no matter what I am getting an 0x1 error. Has anyone succeeded in doing this? I don’t want to have to manually remember how to do it every time the computer reboots…

I just had j64start.cmd in my startup.

@joe64 Have someone experiencee at Step 1 of http://localhost:2065 , when enters all the information , still got "Could not authenticate with harmony cloud service" I never saw it before, and It happen just yesterday, and I have no idea and how to resolve it, Does someone see that ?.

I have the same problem as well. I noticed it quit working a few days ago and when I tried to log in I get that error. When I log into myharmony it says I need to update. I’ll try that later today and see if it works but I need to go to dinner soon.

@ewa8949 I have setup both at Win 10 and Mac mini… all got same problem, so It definitely not my problem I think harmony cloud service may change the way to authenticate the j64Harmony Service with the information we enter,myHarmony login at Win 10 is no problem, not update request… This issue have been more than 2 weeks, and I still can not figure out where is the problem

@ewa8949 Have you try to figure out what is the problem you face the same situation as me ?

It is still broken for me even after updating my Harmony software. I can’t log in to the web interface anymore.

This might be a useful alternative for users of j64Harmony.

FYI… Logitech has released a Harmony skill for the Echo… I switched to that last week and it works fairly well. It does not have the full functionality of the J64 but it works good enough for the first release. My J64 just quit working with the same errors noted above.

@ewa8949 @John_DellArciprete I have run out of activity of logic tech harmony as 6 or 8 activity limitation
and I though the j64Harmony is best way to control the channel switch… Have anyone know who is familiar with J64Harmony code and visual studio and give us a help…