[OBSOLETE] Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater

Nope, just headaches plus the device will stay local to the hub if that’s important to you.

2 Likes

If you have Z-Wave mesh problems one of the custom device handlera for the Z-Wave repeater can come in handy. otherwise just use the default one.

Custom device handlers for the ZigBee portion provide more information such as cost of electricity used other historical data… still better to use the default one so you get local execution.

1 Like

I have been using this DTH for years but today when I checked one of the tile pages, this is what I got:

Has this happened to anyone else?

3 Likes

Yes, same issue here with me. Changing the type to Zigbee Metering Plug seems to work, except that the meter appears to multiple by 10 (i.e. a 7 watt lamp shows 70w of usage).

1 Like

Crazy thing is that it reads correctly in the New App.

Same things for me.

1 Like

Back to normal for me…

I want to add here that per the thread I link below, this custom device handler is no longer needed to add Iris Smart Plug 3210-L to Smartthings Hub. In fact, you need to delete this custom device handler in order for Smartthings to discover the Iris Smart Plug as Smartthings hub now supports this Zigbee device natively.

When you change the device type to the local controlled ‘smartpower outlet’ you lose the ‘energy used’ and ‘time’ readings.

1 Like

@blebson I know this post is old and hasn’t been updated in quite some time but I’m wondering if you’re still supporting this handler. In the new app the energy reading no longer seems to work and isn’t tabulating KWh any longer.

Does anybody know if there is a way to his the multiple zwave repeaters that show up as a result of the smart plug being added to smartthings?

I guess I’m missing what your asking?

I initially followed all the directions, including adding the Z-Wave repeater to smartthings. I guess I’m wondering if the repeater would be still be working if I didn’t “add” it to Smartthings? It is frustrating to go through my devices and see five Z-wave repeaters that serve no purpose for activating switches, etc. Is there a way to hide them from the app, or would deleting only the repeater part impact my smarththings behavior?

I believe you have to add them so they become part of the system mesh.

I do believe there is a way to hide items you don’t want visable in the app, but I personally don’t know how yet. Just haven’t gotten around to cleaning my list up.

If I stuble across how I’ll share.

I found this on Google, I’m sure Smartthings has it listed someplace too.

The repeater MUST be included in your network as a device to work.

And you want it to work that way too… Otherwise any rando could park outside your home with a device that claimed to be a repeater and record or inject ZWave commands.

A device that gets included in SmartThings, shows as a device in the UI.

Most of the people I talk to have ab automation or trash room where we park stuff like this.

1 Like

I have several of the Iris/Centralite plugs that I’m having an extremely difficult time with. They aren’t working reliably, I can’t re-add ones that have been removed (because they weren’t working right) I can’t delete either.

Right now, I’d like to start with just removing. I’ve used the Z-wave delete function (with exclude) multiple times. I go through the 8 button press exclusion process, the new ST app accepts it and says OK, then goes back to the delete pop up with a little spinning circle. It then says "A network or server error occurred. Try again later. I have multiple times. I can’t get it to delete.

So I went to the web interface hoping that would help. I thought I could switch to a different device handler (I’m still using the custom one) and maybe I could delete or improve things that way. I can’t seem to find any place to change the z-wave handler (maybe that’s normal) but when I tried to edit or delete the z-wave repeater, it says “You are not authorized to do this”. I’m fully signed in.

I think these are old as they are offline. But when I found the one that one that corresponds to a particular plus, it did seem to initially exclude the device (before giving the timeout error above). The plus also goes from the z-wave mode (different blinking pattern from the zigbee one) to solid blue.

I don’t know what to do. I need to completely get this out of the system. I don’t know what to do at this point after trying to many times and having the process fail. Any help would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

First… resist urge to delete them through the IDE. It will likely leave Zwave and / or Zigbee ghosts (or both (considering the 3210L technically shows as two devices) This should be last resort adn will also require you to do other network maintenance.

Second - device handler doesn’t matter in this case. Just pull the device off power before attempting to delete it. That way the system won’t see it as online and functioning when you try. When delete happens and the system can’t communicate with your device (because it’s off power) the app should offer to attempt a force delete. Wash Rinse Repeat as necessary until you get it out. Yes that means the device itself will technically still think it’s participating in the system even after ST removes it, but a factory reset on the device should fix that. (Yes that’s absolutely the ‘somebody else’s problem’ version - but it’s the easiest at this point.

Had a very similar issue trying to delete an app and its corresponding device. Nothing I tried would delete them and got the same "A network or server error occurred Try again later " message in the app. contacted smartthings support through the forum and they took care of my issue on their end. Youll probably have to do the same

Can you have this zigbee part disabled (removed from the app) but still have the z-wave repeater work? Rather, can you have this work as a z-wave repeater only? I have two and they don’t play nice with Aqara devices.