[OBSOLETE] Iris Motion Sensor (2nd gen, 3326-L)

I just got 4 of these sensors but they only change on every full degree and I am in Canada and would like to see the .5 degree changes, not just the full degree. When I manually refresh I see 20.65C so the device can do it, but the auto-refreshes only happen on the full degree. Looks like these sensors are using the Smart Sense Motion device handler. Can anyone point me to where I can edit the code to make a custom DH so it updates (and displays) in .5C increments?

Thanks in advance

So my internet connection went down today and now for some reason my iris motion sensors aren’t triggering my piston that I have setup. The motion sensors are in my devices and when I walk by them I see the green light flash but it doesn’t say that motion was detected in my ST app. How can I fix this?

Definitely tell support, and then remove and put back the battery in the sensor.

I took the battery out of one for 10 seconds and now it is just flashing a blue light.

If it didn’t turn green, then add it back just like you did when you first got it. If it doesn’t do it, then reboot the hub and try again.

Did your internet went up bk? ST need internet to work

I have Internet back and all my devices are working except for two iris motion sensors. I have rebooted the hub and taken one of the sensors out but I can’t get it to find it again.

I contacted support but they weren’t very helpful. I have tried resetting these and rebooting the hub but they just don’t seem to be found. I can’t understand how an internet outage could make these not work all of a sudden.

Something similar happened to me. One thing that you can try is to shut down the hub completely (remove the batteries on v2 hubs) for about 15-20 minutes. That should help to rebuild the Zigbee mesh. For the heck of it, I also tried replacing the batteries in the motion sensor although I don’t know if that did anything except to give it plenty of power.

So I did take the battery out of one last night and went to bed. This morning I decided to try to connect them up again and I discovered the one with the battery still in it had been discovered so I continued with the setup and it installed. Then I tested it and it seemed to work. So I then put the battery back into the other one and it found it as well. They seem to be working now so it would seem that what you said about resetting the zigbee mesh was the ticket.

1 Like

Glad to see that you got it working again, these things, while fun when they work, can be so frustrating sometimes. :smile:

Very frustrating! I was ready to throw them out!

**Update…since loosing internet connection and finally getting the iris motion sensors back online they have become very flaky. They are constantly not recognizing motion. Sometimes they do and then for some reason they don’t. I pop the battery out and then they will recognize motion until they don’t anymore. Very frustrating. I even replaced the battery @ $22 and I thought that fixed the issue but it didn’t. I think I will have to replace these stupid sensors. Any suggestions?

@pcgirl65, did you get Lowe’s to replace these yet? I have 33 of these little things working great, but I have had to exchange a couple because of odd issues like this.

Could you be having range or interference issues? How far away from the hub are the sensors?

I bought these from amazon.ca because I am from Canada. They were working fine so I don’t think it is interference issues. One is about 10 feet from the hub and the other is about 30 feet. I just purchased a new router because I have been having issues so maybe this is the problem and not the iris. I will report back once I get everything setup.

1 Like

I would suggest you get some of the Iris smart plugs as they are zigbee and z-wave repeaters and your issue may be range.

I say this because I have a lowes open/close sensor and my hub, while not very far away from it, is far enough to have issues. I have cree bulbs which are zigbee repeaters and having one near the open/close sensor allowed it to work flawlessly where before I used to get false readings and very verrrrrrry slow responses.

Hope this helps

I will keep this in mind. I didn’t have problems until last week when my internet went down. Seemed to screw up the zigbee mesh and it hasn’t been the same since.

I’ve noticed that with my own zigbee mesh…it gets messed up so easily. Like today my Internet had issues and I rebooted the router and it too a while and a few reboots before everything was back up and running again.

My iris motion sensors seem to be working better again with the new router. Must be the zigbee mesh problem. Not impressed with zigbee stuff if this keeps happening. Zwave might be the better platform.

Did you check your channel usage to make sure your WiFi is not on the same channel as the Zigbee channel?

Under Hub in the IDE:

Edit: After analyzing your WiFi environment, I highly suggest manually setting your channel to the best appropriate of 1, 6, or 11 on the 2.4Ghz band.