[OBSOLETE] Improved UI for Aeon Minimote

The post above yours tells you the difference.

The device type is what the origin al.post is about. It helps the minimize talk to smart things. The post above yours by @Jimxenus also links to the smart app that will let you assign functions to your minimize buttons.

So it takes 2 separate installs. The device type, and the smart app.

Hope that helps.

Hey guys, my apologies. And sorry for the late response.

Even after reading those descriptions regarding the differences, I still didn’t understand it, apparently. Nonetheless, I got things working and it actually opened me up to a lot more stuff which is cool.

So, thanks for telling me I’m wrong and helping me correct my problem and understanding. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the help all around. Thanks again!

Resurrecting this thread.

This is the perfect DH to use as a manual Hub mode changer.

Once and a while my hub location mode doesn’t change properly, and I don’t want to re-trigger a routine that will change the mode, so this DH is perfect. I just assigned mode names to all the press/hold buttons I needed, and mapped button 1 press, button 1 hold, button 2 press, etc to “Location: Change location mode” in Webcore.
This way I can manually sync up the hub mode in case it failed to switch, specifically for which mode I want to set all in one clean and easy to access place.

All that said, I’d love to customize the DTH tile page a bit. I have VERY limited experience with modifying labels and colors, otherwise I don’t mess around much with the code.
How could I, or could someone maybe mod the code to make some stuff display a bit different? First step would be to convert tile page from a list +next to individual tiles.
But, help I could use. Or a favor to knock this out in quick order if you know what you’re doing

What I want to do is make a main tile that shows the current mode rather than having to switch to the “more” hamburger tab in the app. Then make one single text tile, and put all the buttons in a 3x wide format.
Essentially to make it emulate the look of the Iris/Centralite keypad but just this button controller. Also on the main Devices list, lave it show the current hub mode.

Considering there is NO manual mode change DH or SA, this modification would serve a niche purpose, but I think would be widely accepted.

Some pictures to illustrate concept.
What I’ve currently done:

How I want it to look/function for this use case:

Based on the IRIS/Centralite Keypad display layout/concept. The DTH is in post 1 of the linked thread.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Kyse

Many thanks for this handler and SmartApp. I have been playing with the handler and I’m trying to resolve a small issue and wondering if you may be able to help.

To get buttons displayed (your handler no longer displayed buttons on iOS) I changed the tiles from valueTile to standardTile. Now when I tap a button the label changes from whatever I have set to PUSH# (or HOLD#). The label remains that way until I force a refresh. Any idea how to retain the set label for a standardTile or at least return to it without needing to manually refresh?

I’ll keep working on it but just wanted to see if you could offer any suggestions.

Thanks.

Since I’m dependent on text to speech, I can’t read the code. Has anyone checked this DTH to see if it was updated for the number of buttons field change?

JD, since copying down the code I have just been using my version which is working fine. I can’t, therefore, comment on how the original code is but I am sure it’s fine.

Note, this is just the DTH that simulates the Minimote in the ST app. To define the actual functions for each button press/hold Kyse has a SmartApp …

I am using this one very slightly modified and it works.

2 Likes

@Kyse
Where are you? Bat signal, we need your help

What do you need? Pretty busy atm with work sadly.

1 Like

I know you’re busy. If you have time I’d appreciate any insight. But if you don’t have time, totally understand!!

How do you modify this DH slightly to display tiles individually rather than as a populating (list 1-4)

Meaning in display, one could display the tiles in order 1-8 without the first vertical column.

I can mod display orders, colors and labels on my own, I’ve just never worked with a DH that puts them as

Button ( ) press
Button ( ) held
There it populates like you have it from a list. See my post above.

Forget about all the stuff in this post about importing status of SHM, or non related tiles. I’ve got that covered. I just need to know how to list all the buttons individually rather than list populateing the tiles

Honestly, I learned everything I did from examples or documentation. I’d imagine they have a documentation somewhere related to layouts. I’d start by trying to research that. Last time I looked at it you were limited on what kind of layouts you could add, so I just made do with what was available. Perhaps things have changed, so probably worth your time to look into design layouts.

1 Like

I think I can probably handle this. I’ve been giving some thought on doing something similar as it may actually solve some issues I’ve had with other mods to this DH.

I can’t promise anything quick but if I do it I will post back.

1 Like

Okay, this version moves away from using a list to display the buttons so each tile is defined individually. I still have the first column displayed but hopefully you can take what you want from this.

Caveat: I am not a developer so I could well have made gaffs however it seems to be working for me.

/*
 *  Modified by: Nezmo
 *  Modified and extended from SmartThings Kyse Aeon Minimote Device Handler Template.
 *  Changed to move away from using a list to display buttons.
 *  Copyright 2015 SmartThings
 *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
 *  in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
 *  on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
 *  for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
 */

metadata {
	definition (name: "Nezmo's Aeon Minimote", namespace: "Nezmo68", author: "Nezmo") {
		capability "Actuator"
		capability "Button"
		capability "Configuration"
		capability "Sensor"

attribute "numButtons", "STRING"

// Virtual Button Attributes for defining button labels.
        attribute "lblPush1", "STRING"
        attribute "lblHold1", "STRING"
        attribute "lblPush2", "STRING"
        attribute "lblHold2", "STRING"
        attribute "lblPush3", "STRING"
        attribute "lblHold3", "STRING"
        attribute "lblPush4", "STRING"
        attribute "lblHold4", "STRING"

command "pushed"
        command "held"
        command "pushed", [int]
        command "held", [int]
        command "push1"
        command "hold1"
        command "push2"
        command "hold2"
        command "push3"
        command "hold3"
        command "push4"
        command "hold4"

fingerprint deviceId: "0x0101", inClusters: "0x86,0x72,0x70,0x9B", outClusters: "0x26,0x2B"
		fingerprint deviceId: "0x0101", inClusters: "0x86,0x72,0x70,0x9B,0x85,0x84", outClusters: "0x26" // old style with numbered buttons
	}

simulator {
		status "pushed 1":  "command: 2001, payload: 01"
		status "held 1":  "command: 2001, payload: 15"
		status "pushed 2":  "command: 2001, payload: 29"
		status "held 2":  "command: 2001, payload: 3D"
		status "pushed 3":  "command: 2001, payload: 51"
		status "held 3":  "command: 2001, payload: 65"
		status "pushed 4":  "command: 2001, payload: 79"
		status "held 4":  "command: 2001, payload: 8D"
		status "wakeup":  "command: 8407, payload: "
	}

preferences {
    	section ("Labels") {
            input("lblPush1", "text", title: "Label for Button 1 Push?", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true, defaultValue: "Push 1", description: "Label for the first push button.")  
            input("lblHold1", "text", title: "Label for Button 1 Hold?", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true, defaultValue: "Hold 1", description: "Label for the first hold button.")  
            input("lblPush2", "text", title: "Label for Button 2 Push?", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true, defaultValue: "Push 2", description: "Label for the second push button.")  
            input("lblHold2", "text", title: "Label for Button 2 Hold?", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true, defaultValue: "Hold 2", description: "Label for the second hold button.")  
            input("lblPush3", "text", title: "Label for Button 3 Push?", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true, defaultValue: "Push 3", description: "Label for the third push button.")  
            input("lblHold3", "text", title: "Label for Button 3 Hold?", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true, defaultValue: "Hold 3", description: "Label for the third hold button.")  
            input("lblPush4", "text", title: "Label for Button 4 Push?", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true, defaultValue: "Push 4", description: "Label for the fourth push button.")  
            input("lblHold4", "text", title: "Label for Button 4 Hold?", required: true, displayDuringSetup: true, defaultValue: "Hold 4", description: "Label for the fourth hold button.")  
        }
    }

tiles (scale: 2) { 
            standardTile("Button 1", "device.button", width: 2, height: 2) {
            	state("default", label: "Button 1", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#ffffff", icon: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Nezmo68/SmartThingsPublic/master/Minimote.png", canChangeIcon: true, canChangeBackground: true)
            }
            valueTile("Push 1", "device.lblPush${1}", width: 2, height: 2, decoration: "flat") {
				state("default", label: '${currentValue}', action: "push${1}", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#33cc33", canChangeBackground: true)
            }
            valueTile("Hold 1", "device.lblHold${1}", width: 2, height: 2, decoration: "flat") {
            	state("default", label: '${currentValue}', action: "hold${1}", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#00a0dc", canChangeBackground: true) 
            }
            standardTile("Button 2", "device.button", width: 2, height: 2) {
            	state("default", label: "Button 2", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#ffffff", icon: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Nezmo68/SmartThingsPublic/master/Minimote.png", canChangeIcon: true, canChangeBackground: true)
            }
            valueTile("Push 2", "device.lblPush${2}", width: 2, height: 2, decoration: "flat") {
				state("default", label: '${currentValue}', action: "push${2}", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#33cc33", canChangeBackground: true)
            }
            valueTile("Held 2", "device.lblHold${2}", width: 2, height: 2, decoration: "flat") {
            	state("default", label: '${currentValue}', action: "hold${2}", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#00a0dc", canChangeBackground: true) 
            }
            standardTile("Button 3" ,"device.button", width: 2, height: 2) {
            	state("default", label: "Button 3", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#ffffff", icon: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Nezmo68/SmartThingsPublic/master/Minimote.png", canChangeIcon: true, canChangeBackground: true)
            }
            valueTile("Push 3", "device.lblPush${3}", width: 2, height: 2, decoration: "flat") {
				state("default", label: '${currentValue}', action: "push${3}", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#33cc33", canChangeBackground: true)
            }
            valueTile("Held 3", "device.lblHold${3}", width: 2, height: 2, decoration: "flat") {
            	state("default", label: '${currentValue}', action: "hold${3}", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#00a0dc", canChangeBackground: true) 
            }
            standardTile("Button 4", "device.button", width: 2, height: 2) {
            	state("default", label: "Button 4", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#ffffff", icon: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Nezmo68/SmartThingsPublic/master/Minimote.png", canChangeIcon: true, canChangeBackground: true)
            }
            valueTile("Push 4", "device.lblPush${4}", width: 2, height: 2, decoration: "flat") {
				state("default", label: '${currentValue}', action: "push${4}", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#33cc33", canChangeBackground: true)
            }
            valueTile("Held 4", "device.lblHold${4}", width: 2, height: 2, decoration: "flat") {
            	state("default", label: '${currentValue}', action: "hold${4}", defaultState: true, backgroundColor: "#00a0dc", canChangeBackground: true) 
            }
        }
    	standardTile("configure", "device.configure", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
      		state "configure", label: '', action:"configuration.configure", icon:"st.secondary.configure"
    	}
}

def installed() {
initLabels()
}

def updated() {
	initLabels()
}

def initLabels() {
    (1..4).each { button ->
    	["Push","Hold"].each { action ->
           	def descriptionText = "Updating button ${button} ${action}"
            def settingName = "lbl${action}${button}"
            log.debug descriptionText + ": ${settings[settingName]}"
			sendEvent(name: "lbl${action}${button}", value: "${settings[settingName]}", descriptionText: descriptionText, isStateChange: true, displayed: false)
		}
    }
}

def parse(String description) {
	def results = []
	if (description.startsWith("Err")) {
	    results = createEvent(descriptionText:description, displayed:true)
	} else {
		def cmd = zwave.parse(description, [0x2B: 1, 0x80: 1, 0x84: 1])
    	if(cmd) results += zwaveEvent(cmd)
		if(!results) results = [ descriptionText: cmd, displayed: false ]
	}
	//log.debug("Parsed '$description' to $results")
	return results
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.wakeupv1.WakeUpNotification cmd) {
	def results = [createEvent(descriptionText: "$device.displayName woke up", isStateChange: false)]

results += configurationCmds().collect{ response(it) }
	results << response(zwave.wakeUpV1.wakeUpNoMoreInformation().format())

return results
}

def buttonEvent(button, held) {
	// Leaving value as pushed or held to stay compatible with Button Controller Smart App for now.
	button = button as Integer
	if (held) {
		createEvent(name: "button", value: "held", data: [buttonNumber: button, action: (held ? "held" : "pushed")], source: "DEVICE", descriptionText: "$device.displayName button $button was held", isStateChange: true)
	} else {
		createEvent(name: "button", value: "pushed", data: [buttonNumber: button, action: (held ? "held" : "pushed")], source: "DEVICE", descriptionText: "$device.displayName button $button was pushed", isStateChange: true)
	}
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sceneactivationv1.SceneActivationSet cmd) {
	Integer button = ((cmd.sceneId + 1) / 2) as Integer
	Boolean held = !(cmd.sceneId % 2)
	buttonEvent(button, held)
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicSet cmd) {
	Integer button = (cmd.value / 40 + 1) as Integer
	Boolean held = (button * 40 - cmd.value) <= 20
	buttonEvent(button, held)
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.Command cmd) {
	[ descriptionText: "$device.displayName: $cmd", linkText:device.displayName, displayed: false ]
}

def configurationCmds() {
	def cmds = []
	def hubId = zwaveHubNodeId
	(1..4).each { button ->
		cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 240+button, scaledConfigurationValue: 1).format()
	}
	(1..4).each { button ->
		cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: (button-1)*40, configurationValue: [hubId, (button-1)*40 + 1, 0, 0]).format()
		cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: (button-1)*40 + 20, configurationValue: [hubId, (button-1)*40 + 21, 0, 0]).format()
	}
	cmds
}

def configure() {
	// Set the number of buttons to 4
	sendEvent(name: "numButtons", value: "4", displayed: false)

def cmds = configurationCmds()
	//log.debug("Sending configuration: $cmds")
	return cmds
}

def push1() {
	pushed(1)
}

def push2() {
	pushed(2)
}

def push3() {
	pushed(3)
}

def push4() {
	pushed(4)
}

def pushed(button) {
	sendEvent(name: "button", value: "pushed", data: [buttonNumber: button, action: "pushed"], source: "COMMAND", descriptionText: "$device.displayName button $button was pushed", isStateChange: true)
}

def hold1() {
	held(1)
}

def hold2() {
	held(2)
}

def hold3() {
	held(3)
}

def hold4() {
	held(4)
}

def held(button) {
    sendEvent(name: "button", value: "held", data: [buttonNumber: button, action: "held"], source: "COMMAND", descriptionText: "$device.displayName button $button was held", isStateChange: true)
}
1 Like

I’ll play with it tonight!! You’re the man!

1 Like

Can you provide screenshots?

The code I posted above produces this … it’s no different from the prior versions (other than showing some differences due to issues with rendering in iOS). All I did was change how the buttons are coded.

Since that post I have been playing some more and currently have this … still tweaking.

2 Likes

@nezmo looking good. played with it last night! Works flawlessly.
Only thing I’d love to add (obviously custom not for general minimote handler is the location mode (HUB not SHM) status on a value tile. like this:

This is custom based off pressed buttons, not the {$currentvalue} for capibility.locationmode

Any ideas?

Okay, you want the ability to change mode or just display it?

the buttons are set with a webcore piston to set the mode already.
I just want a top value tile to diaplay it.

Got it. I’ll have a crack at it this evening.

1 Like

I’ve got this working now. Give me a little more time to clean things up and I’ll post back.

1 Like