Its really impossible to say without seeing IDE logs. But if neither HueREConnect not Hue B Smart are able to read your scenes & groups correctly, I would venture to say that the problem lays with your Hue setup.
How did you create your scenes & groups? Have you tried using the Hue CLIP tool to see whether they are properly saved on the Hue Hub?
I installed this for the first time today and had what looks to be the same problem as @bozjan. I solved it by adding the hitting Done even though it found no items on the hub, then opening the bridge device it created, clicking the gear to see the preferences, then clicking Done without changing anything. Now go back to the hub and the search found all of my bulbs/scenes/groups.
@infofiend: To diagnose this I added logging in a few places and found that state.host and state.userName were null when the bridge’s discoverItems() function was called. It looks like this already should have been set by initialize() when called from installed(). The documentation on the state object suggests it does not write until the end of execution: maybe there is a timing problem there or something. Whatever the issue was, it worked for me after I did the above. Though, the items were added as generic names (“Hue B Smart Scene”, etc) rather than their names from the hub. I can rename them, but that seems odd.
Correct: I added groups, bulbs, and scenes and they all added with the type name as their device names. After I changed the code to use the label property (which was actually already used by some of the code like the debug logging), then the names added correctly.
In case there is any confusion, I had never used HBS before today and I installed it via the Github integration in the IDE, so this should be the latest code for everything.
I had to re-setup Hue B Smart. I removed everything. Setup the smartapp and it found my bridge but it won’t discover any of my bulbs, groups, scenes or anything… What can I do? Do I have to delete and re-add?
So I just remembered that ST moved Hue stuff to discover locally. After setting up all the device handlers and smartapp, I then went back into the “things” and ran add a new thing … picked up my bridge and once added went back into HBS and all my groups, bulbs, and scenes popped right up.
So I noticed that when adding my groups and scenes the name didn’t get imported from Hue. Even when I ran local discovery.
I unwittingly did this trying to add a new Lightstrip I installed this weekend. It just would not stop scanning or finding the new device, so I finally just hit done.
When I did finally see the new Lightstrip, it had a generic “Hue B Smart Bulb” instead of picking up the actual label I gave it in the Hue app. I manually changed it to match, and everything seems to work.
But there is definitely some sort of bug that has hit recently since I didn’t have this problem with the bulb names before.
I don’t have it in front of me at the moment, but I looked for each occurrence of AddChildDevice (or similar name), then if it was passing
“label”: [device variable name].name
then I changed it to
“label”: [device variable name].label
I did not take note of whether it affected all types or all lines of code where name was used, but I observed the generic names created when I created bulbs, scenes, and groups.
The reason I knew [device variable name].label would work is because the log.debug statements were already using this and showing the correct names.
I know my Hue Hub updated last night.
Today all my Hue B Smart devices are stuck on previous statuses. When i try to switch one on it changes to Turning On and then goes back to Off. Although the devices do switch on, to switch them off i can click whilst it’s on "Turning Off"
When i look for new devices, scenes, etc. It gets stuck indefinitely. Nothing obvious in the logs.
So after trying to delete the Hue “Thing” (not the bulbs) I get unauthorized when trying to view the hub in the smart app. I get an error has occurred when trying to delete the smart app through Smart Things and I can’t delete the smart app in the IDE as it’s installed!
I’ve deleted all the bulbs, scenes and group “things” and still no luck!