[OBSOLETE] How to: SmartThings_MyQ SmartApp using MyQ Sensors with IFTTT

Having some issues with updates for the app. I’ve been getting notifications on my iphone that there are updates for MyQ. When I login to smarthings dev console, and check Update Repo, I don’t see any updates available to pull in. Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks

Ok, I just figured it out. I was only looking on the smart app page. The updates where for the device drivers which I just got updated.

Hi,

I have the free option on IFTTT. I am experiencing 2-3 hr delays on the triggers. Is this normal for the free option plan?

1 Like

I am experiencing the same delay recently. I have the pro subscription. Very disappointed.

Thanks! I have had it forever and worked perfect. They might be having issues. I can’t reach out to support since I don’t have the pro. You might be able to.

Same problem with me. I assume that there are communication problems with IFTTT and MyQ. Everything between SmartThings and MyQ is responding perfectly. I do have IFTTT Pro but will wait a couple hours to see if they get it working better.

IFTTT is taking 3 hrs to 45 mins. Seems to be getting better. Hopefully they will resolve the issue soon.

It appears to me, based on ifttt activity log, the trigger was fired almost instantly when the door is open o closed. That means the communication between myq and ifttt was okay. The execution, however took several hours. It seems more likely to be the communication between ifttt and smartthings that caused the delay.

When I look at the IFTTT activity log, I don’t not see logs from MyQ appearing for a long time. I really think the issue is communication from MyQ to IFTTT. I’ll call support.

1 Like

I’m having issues too, glad it’s not just me, but hope that it gets fixed soon, especially since I’m paying a subscription now.

I emailed IFTTT support. I’ll update on any response.

IFTTT support advised 5-6 days for a response. For a service where they charge now, that’s ridiculous. If their service and support is this unreliable, no way I’m going to continue the subscription.

Same to me. I have a few applets on ifttt that I use quite often but nothing is irreplaceable. If they can’t resolve this issue in a timely manner, I will just buy some smartthings multi sensors to put on my garage doors and be done with ifttt.

1 Like

I placed my order today for Ecolink Tilt Sensors. It’s not much but IFTTT lost an easy $24 per year.

1 Like

Went down for me as well, screwed up some of my webcore pistons as well. Will have to wait and see what happens, if doesnt come back online will need to grab a tilt sensor then.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I agree but really did not want to deal with another battery replacement. . Wish they would just integrate My Q with Smartthings. :slight_smile:

Tilt Sensors installed. Works better than ever. The Ecolink Tilt Sensor should have a battery life of 2-3 years. Glad I switched.

Do you have the link of where you purchased it? Thanks

Huge thanks to @brockpriest for the pro applets. I’m having the same issues as everyone else in huge delays (e.g. trigger created at 11am, ran at 3pm).

Of note, if I delete the ifttt applet and start over, it works great for an hour or two.

I’m going to try to be patient to not have to buy two sensors.