So I rang Hive who were particularly unhelpful, it went along the lines that they dont support third party products.
Thanks Tim, let us know if you have any luck, I cant believe my luck, 2 years of no issues with my little set up has been decimated by smartthings upgrade and now this talk about if its not broken
So update i learnt a bit more today from this blog https://jedkirby.com/blog/hive-home-rest-api it turns out beekeeper is used by the official hive login webpage. So i tried that and that too wont allow the page to authenticate so I assume the issues are related… Im on to hive now hoping that due to the issue being on its own product they can be more helpful than last time.
It looks like they have changed there myhivehome to sso.hivehome.com so its probable that the beekeeper interface is now dead
Maybe they have changed something after that outage a few days ago. I played around with this script earlier - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imcfarla2003/domoticz-hive/master/collect_json.py and it works which suggests the API is still there. but it uses different endpoint URLs to this smart app (api.pro.bgchprod.info as opposed to beekeeper-uk.hivehome.com) I google that and found people saying the beekeeper URL was actually the newer one. I’ll see if I can get a response from a script using beekeeper URL but I need to get my head around the auth mechanism first
Really interesting how this will work out. Im not a developer, but following this thread as I have Hive hub and Thermostats and so far it was working flawlessly last few years. Hope someone will be able to get this fixed. I have also noticed that it has stopped working on Home assistant integration. So im guessing it has something to do with authentication on Hive end anyway.
It looks like they’ve shifted the authentication mechanism to AWS IDP. Unfortunately this requires a token on the Hive side to be created for each application to have permission to call the authentication service. This means that authentication may no longer be possible via this SmartThings app.
Thank you all for doing the hard work for me! I’ve updated the authentication URL and published to GitHub. The fix seems to working for me although I had to reselect my thermostat in the Hive smart app.
Thanks for sorting things so quick (only just realised I had an issue!).
A new snag I’ve not had before for everyone’s info: I re-published the smartapp and device handlers and when I reconfigured it all on the app it gave me an error adding my devices and clicking “Done”. But I found it had added some of my TRVs. After another couple of goes it successively added more and more until they were all there. So I reckon that the app has a timeout limit but you can just keep going until it’s sorted.
UPDATE - Please update the Hive (Connect) smart app to v3.1.1b and Hive Device Handler to v3.2. I have found that maybe due to a Github merge, the deviceId was being written with the device suffix embedded which has caused some inconsistency depending on which version of the smart app you added your devices with. You might have noticed that commands for heating and TRVs are not working.
If you go to Device List in the Smartthings IDE, check your heating and TRV devices. If you see ‘trvcontrol’ or ‘heating’ within the DeviceNetworkID, you will need to EDIT the device network ID within the Smartthings IDE and remove the remove the “heating/“ or “trvcontrol/“ prefixes.
Apologies for the hassle, but adding the device type within the deviceNetworkID is inconsistent with all the other Hive devices.