[OBSOLETE] GoControl Siren / Linear Siren / Vision Siren

Hi @krlaframboise can I use this “Music Player” function

Can you be more specific?

Hi @krlaframboise can i play mp3 file “DOOR OPENED” on Siren?

The GoControl/Linear Siren is just a siren that allows you to turn on a red flashing light, a siren, or both.

This DTH provides additional functionality like making it beep (which is unreliable) and also delaying the alarm so that it doesn’t sound immediately.

The only reason this DTH supports the Music Player capability is to provide a way to use that additional functionality in SmartApps like SHM and Speaker Notify with Sound. The first post in this topic explains how to do that.

The only device I’m aware of that allows you to play mp3s for notifications is the Aeon Labs Doorbell. I’ve also created a DTH for that device and the first post in that topic explains everything you can do with it.

2 Likes

Hi there

I just ordered the siren and have successfully installed the device handler but ST is still detecting it as a generic switch.

I think I’ve narrowed down the problem to the fingerprints in your code. It seems my device version is a slightly newer one and doesn’t have the same fingerprints.

The raw description in my device instance is

zw:L type:1000 mfr:014F prod:2009 model:0903 ver:14.03 zwv:3.42 lib:06 cc:25,70,72,86

Your code shows the following fingerprints are recognized:

deviceId:‘0x1000’ in:‘0x25,0x80,0x70,0x72,0x86’ out:’‘
in:’’ out:’’ manufacturer:‘0109’ model:‘0508’
in:’’ out:’’ manufacturer:‘014F’ model:‘0503’

I’m pretty pleased that I managed to figure that out as a novice, but I’m not sure I can update your code myself. Any chance you can have a look please?

Thanks so much!

You could be right, but before I mess with the device handler I want to make sure that it’s not caused by a platform issue that’s been causing pairing issues for some users.

Please remove the device, pull the batteries from the hub, unplug the hub for about 15 seconds and then plug it back in, wait for it to turn back on and try pairing it again.

Ok. Tried that but it is still being detected as ‘Z-Wave Switch’.

Thanks for responding so fast! :slight_smile:

Thank you for trying that, I just didn’t want to waste time troubleshooting it only to find out it was a platform issue.

I’ll look into it, but the device is working fine once you switched it to this device handler, right?

Yeah the device works fine as a generic switch you can turn it on and then get into a real panic because it’s so loud and turn it off :slight_smile:

If you go to “My Devices” in the IDE, select the device and then click edit, you can manually switch the device to my handler.

1 Like

That worked a treat! Thanks!!

Hi Kevin,

I have a Linear WA105DBZ and am anxious to get it up and running with SHM to work like a traditional alarm system. I have successfully installed the device and handler and seems to work fine. The minimum functionality I need is, when the system is Armed Stay and an intrusion is detected I need some type of notification that I need to disarm the system to prevent the siren. In my household we sometimes forget to disarm the system before opening a door in the morning. I can’t seem to get this working as I can’t figure out how to silence the alarm BEFORE it sounds when a delay is set. I can only silence the alarm after it goes off. I don’t have Smart Alarm to setup entry/exit delays and it appears it is no longer available to new users. Can you help? Thanks!!

If you’re using this siren with SHM, it will execute the siren’s “both”. If you’ve specified a delay, it will wait that amount of time before turning on, but as long as it receives the “off” command before the time is up, the siren won’t go off.

One of the many annoying things about SHM is that it sends the off command when you disarm the system, but it doesn’t send the off command when you switch from armed (away) to armed (stay).

In theory, as long as you tap “disarm” it should prevent the siren from going off.

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script1486107529369219253554.groovy: 947: expecting ‘}’, found ‘’ @ line 947, column 1. 1 error

Any clue anyone?

Thank you

You’re missing the closing curly-bracket on that line.

Hello John,

Can you show me what am I missing in black n white. I copy and paste those code on this page. I have no idea of any of the code. Just a regular user looking to get my siren connected.

Thank you

On the GitHub page with the code, there’s a RAW button. Click that and then copy the code from that page so that you don’t accidentally miss any of it or copy something that isn’t part of the code.

1 Like

That is what I did the first 3 times. I try one more time and this time work. Thank you very much.

Have there been any problems with Vision Siren and Capability Commands? I tried beep and strobe in SHM and Speaker Notify with Sound. Neither of them work. I would like to have strobe with 1 second or less. Currently, I edited the code from 30 seconds to 1 seconds. I would prefer to use the custom commands. Thanks.

If you don’t want a delay, set the alarm delay field to 0. The only setting that is limited to a minimum of 30 seconds is the auto off feature so I’m not sure what modifying the code would accomplish.

If you select the device in SHM as a siren, it’s going to automatically execute the both command. If you want that to use the strobe instead of the siren, you need to set the “What should the ‘both’ and ‘on’ commands turn on?” setting to “Strobe Only”.

There’s a bug in SHM that prevents the Audio Alert feature from working with Leaks, but it should work for everything else.

The response time of this device is extremely unreliable so sometimes the beep will be short like it’s supposed to and other times the siren will turn on for 2-3 seconds.

What method were you using to get it to work with Speaker Notify with Sound.

FYI, it SmartThings is having problems with their TTS service again, the Audio Notification feature in SHM and Speaker Notify with Sound won’t work.