[OBSOLETE] GoControl Siren / Linear Siren / Vision Siren

Hey thanks for the reply! I’ll give it a shot and see if I got a good one.

I have Go Control Siren type with 4x AA batteries only (No AC plug). Tried a few versions of this Device Handler, including the latest v1.8.3, but battery level is completely missing (new ST app), not even an empty box. Only things I get are On/Off button and Alarm Type buttons, no battery area at all… I am removing the batteries from the Siren for 30 seconds after updating the handler.

I’m not sure if this will make a difference, but on line 128, change the name and remove: ,vid:“generic-siren”     (including the comma)

Create a new device handler with the modified code and then open the device in the IDE and change the Type field to the new handler.

You have to create it as a new handler because the new app caches the UI and if you just update the handler already assigned to it then it could take up to 12 hours to know if the change made a difference.

Thank you, battery is now showing for my Siren! Next question - If I don’t need/want some items to show up on a device’s page in ST, what edits would I have to make to your handlers? Examples:

1. GoControl Siren - if I don’t want to see the “Music player” item, what edits would have to be made?
  2. GoControl Motion Sensor- if I don’t want to see the “Illuminance” item, what edits would have to be made?

Thanks again.

capability “Music Player”

capability “Illuminance Measurement”

Both of those lines should be somewhere near the top of the code…

Hi Kevin…any new work on this handler? I just migrated from the v1 hub to a v3 hub, and the default handler that was picked was a Linear 4_1 handler, which didn’t totally work. I had used this handler in the past, but it doesn’t appear to work now. I did see a discussion above that you are waiting for the dust to settle before updating. Just curious.

Considering that they’ll be scrapping the entire groovy platform at some point and I don’t use this device I won’t be updating this handler, but there may be a simple change you can make to expose the functionality you need.

What feature are you trying to use that either isn’t expose or no longer works?

Hi Kevin…thanks for the quick reply. I forgot about the whole groovy scrapping situation…I agree, not really worth investing any more effort in the handler. I haven’t used the siren in a few years, but migrated it to the latest v3 hub and figured I’d see if it still worked. I used your latest code, but basically nothing shows up other than an on/off button and a crossed out cloud below that (but I am connected). I’ll double check if I copied something wrong. Otherwise, I’ll just toss it in the bin and move on to something else.

Cheers, Mike

In theory, if you add the vid and mnmn attributes from one of my other siren handlers to the metadata section of this one then that might fix the UI problems.

SmartThings has some presentation caching issues so if the UI looks the same after making that change then you’ll need to remove the device, delete the handler, create the handler with a different name, and join the device.

I won’t be converting the GoControl/Linear/Vision Siren DTH into an Edge Driver so it will stop working once the Groovy platform is retired, but it probably doesn’t need a custom driver.

FYI Mariano drivers work with the siren.

1 Like

Just tried Both Mariano Drivers (Z-Wave Siren Mc) and [SmartThings-managed Edge Device Drivers (Z-Wave Siren) and they up return me the following: “Error changing device driver to “Z-Wave Siren”. Ensure that the driver you are trying to change to has a valid fingerprint match with this device.”. Any suggestion on how to ask someone to add this device ID to the edge driver?

No idea why it doesn’t work

Missing Manufacturer ID and Product ID from the WA105DBZ-1 model - which seems to be identical from the Vision Siren but it misses my model Manufacturer ID and Product ID. Perhaps @Mariano_Colmenarejo could add these?

Here’s the details from api browser, the only thing that doesnt work with the driver is the battery level, it only reports 100% and it doesnt change

Model and manufacturer code does not match any available in the driver - they are missing and that’s why I am unable to select it - see more details from the device fingerprinting.

Hi @dequinho83
Added to this driver version
Try it and tell me if works

─────────────────────────────────────────────────── 
 Name         Z-Wave Siren Mc
 Version      2023-10-17T15:39:54.138027659        
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: 014F/2009/0903
    deviceLabel: WA105DBZ-1 Siren
    manufacturerId: 0x014F
    productType: 0x2009
    #productId: 0x0903
    deviceProfileName: alarm-battery

Worked Flawlessly. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

My problem is different, I have the same zm1601us, but the only (big) difference is that the model and Manufacturer code, as in Andre’s screenshot, are only zeros. I did any possible reset but no luck. of course I cannot change the driver. Anybody any idea why those fields are zeros?
The device was working under Wink some long time ago

Thanks

When you see 0000’s for the mfg. code and model it means the device did not pair properly.

For Z-Wave devices, exclude the device and repair it close to your hub.

1 Like