[OBSOLETE] GoControl Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, and Siren DTH

i somehow managed to overwrite the first post in the topic that has the links to the DTHs and I’ve lost the ability to edit that post for some reason so I’m posting it here.

If anyone can think of a reason why I can’t edit my own topic anymore, please let me know.

[RELEASE] GoControl Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, and Siren DTH

Here are the device handlers for the 3 devices that come with the GoControl Security Kit. These devices are also sold as Linear and Monoprice so the device handlers should work with those too.

I wasn’t able to detect if the devices were still responding using the other device handlers that work with these devices so I ended up creating my own.

The motion sensor and contact sensor update an attribute every 4 hours so I can use my Simple Device Viewer SmartApp to monitor them.

There’s no way to make the siren automatically check in, but it updates that attribute every time the device responds and it supports the Polling Capability so you can use an app like the Simple Device Viewer or Pollster to poll it a couple of times a day.

GoControl/Linear Door/Window Sensor

• DTH for the GoControl Linear Door/Window Sensor, Model: WADWAZ-1
  • Allows you to use the internal and/or external contacts
  • If using the internal and external contact, the contact attribute will be changed to the most recent state, but the “internalContact” and “externalContact” attributes allow you to see their state independently.
  • Automatically sets lastCheckin attribute so it can be monitored by
  • SmartApps like the Simple Device Viewer to ensure it’s still online.
  • Supports the Tamper Alert Capability.
  • Main Contact Behavior setting allows you to change the behavior of the main contact attribute when the external contact is being used.

GoControl/Linear External Contact Sensor (CHILD)

If you want the external sensor to appear as a separate device, you need to also install this device handler and enable the “Create Device for External Sensor?” setting.

GoControl/Linear Motion Sensor

• DTH for the GoControl/Linear Motion Sensor, Model: WAPIRZ-1
  • Automatically sets polling attribute so it can be monitored by
  • SmartApps like the Simple Device Viewer to ensure it’s still online.
  • Supports the Tamper Alert Capability.
  • Provides offset so you can adjust the temperature
  • Provides threshold so you can prevent it from bouncing back and forth between the same 2 temperatures.
  • Allows you to set the frequency that it checks the battery
  • After changing the settings, open the cover of the device until the light turns solid red and then close the cover. This step is not necessary, but if you don’t do it, it may take up to 4 hours for your changes to get applied.

The motion sensor has a jumper that allows you to change the sensitivity between Test, Pet1 and Pet2, but according to @Modenacart, the engineer said they “use a different firmware than the monoprice sensor” and there’s " no control of sensitivity on the GoControl version". I’ve done a lot of testing with the GoControl Motion Sensor and I agree that changing that jumper doesn’t actually do anything.

GoControl/Linear Multifunction Siren

• DTH for the GoControl Siren, Linear Siren and possibly some other generic sirens. Models: ZM1601US / WA105DBZ-1
4 Likes