[OBSOLETE] Generic TV Remote Device Handler using Broadlink RM Pro and Mini with Alexa Support

Thank you
it is working well

Ok so I finally got my RM Mini 3 in. After a bit of tinkering and trial and error I was able to get all the commands working through the Smartthings App. Thank you so much for developing this! The only issue I’m having is with the main button in the Things list. When I press this button it sometimes only powers on/off 1 of my devices and not the other. I have my TV set up under “TV on/off” and the AV Receiver set up under the “Set Top Box On/off”. I can’t figure out why sometimes it only powers one of the devices and not the other. Sometimes it works like it should and power toggles both devices at the same time.

seem like an IR timing issue - try changing the mini position. The fact it runs fine sometimes means that the programming is correct. you may also want to recapture on/off for all the devices again, may be one of them has some spurious data. All this guy is doing is sending a web command to RM bridge all the logic and codes are in RM bridge and the RM device

HI,

My apologies if my question seems abit noob but here it goes… i’ve got like 5 rm pro’s in my entire house for all my light switches and IR devices. my understanding of the RM Bridge was previously there was very little support for integration (i was trying to link to alexa) but now it seems with the new IHC app, i no longer need that.

Question; hasn’t this change now with Smartthings as well? as in can new DH be written to not use the RM Bridge and talk directly to the rm devices???

Appreciate the explanation. Thanks.

Anyone …willing to help??

Sorry - haven’t had time or inclination to look into this, and most like won’t have either for a while. Having said that - perhaps you may want to explore this and build on work of others and extend the existing solutions.
Cheers

I have switched over my integration from using the RM Bridge to an IFTTT connection between ST and Broadlink if that helps you.

2 Likes

In the smartthings classic application when clicking the TV button would have to execute 2 or 3 functions?