[OBSOLETE] Filtrete 3M-50 Wi-Fi Thermostat. Version 2.0 Released 12/17/2016

This is working great with my CT-80, only thing is the room temp never changes/updates, any ideas on how to fix that? If not that’s OK too. Thanks

I’m not sure why, it works with CT50. If you PM me your logs, I may be able to troubleshoot. The log should look something like this:

tstat data: [t_heat:70.00, tmode:1, time:[minute:24, hour:10, day:2], fstate:0, tstate:0, t_type_post:0, override:0, hold:0, temp:69.00, fmode:0]

Were exactly would I find this log?

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs

Hit a Refresh button in the Thermostat device and you should see the logs.

This is what I get in the log

2:32:57 PM: warn No connection!
2:32:22 PM: info Radio Thermostat. Version 2.0.1 (12/20/2016). Copyright © 2014 Statusbits.com
2:32:22 PM: info Radio Thermostat. Version 2.0.1 (12/20/2016). Copyright © 2014 Statusbits.com
2:31:44 PM: warn No connection!

FYI…this is the setup in the app

Name Type Value
confIpAddr string 192.168.100.234
confTcpPort number 80
pollingInterval number 1

IP is static in my router. I’m not at home, but last night I could adjust the temp with my Echo

In My Devices it shows the Thermostat with a Status:INACTIVE & Last Activity: 3 hours. Is that normal??

Definitely not. Does not look like your thermostat is responding. You should be able to open http://192.168.100.234 in a web browser to verify your IP address.

Also, go to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list and let me know what your “Device Network ID” looks like.

IP address verified = 192.168.100.234

Device Network ID = C0A864EA:0050

Yep. Looks good to me. Are you sure the hub and the thermostat are on the same network? What’s your ST hub IP address?

Hub IP = 192.168.100.228

That looks kosher too. So, try opening this address in a web browser:

http://192.168.100.234/tstat

You should see a json file like this:

{“temp”:69.00,“tmode”:1,“fmode”:0,“override”:0,“hold”:0,“t_heat”:70.00,“tstate”:0,“fstate”:0,“time”:{“day”:2,“hour”:22,“minute”:34},“t_type_post”:0}

I get this,

{“temp”:64.00,“tmode”:1,“fmode”:0,“override”:0,“hold”:0,“t_heat”:65.00,“program_mode”:-1,“tstate”:1,“fstate”:0,“time”:{“day”:3,“hour”:6,“minute”:59},“t_type_post”:0}

@geko Nice job! I am slowly migrating over from Vera so I can discern the differences in response times and notifications between the two platforms. So far I’ve been very impressed with SmartThings. I’ve also been very impressed with the developers like you - who have done so much for the rest of us. I’ve got the 3M-50 at home, it was going to be one of the last pieces of HA I was going to move over. I can’t wait to try this out!

Many thanks!! :grinning:

1 Like

Hmm… I don’t see any problems. Everything looks like it should. :confused:

I guess it’s a mystery! Thanks for your efforts to help get it working :grinning:

I have access to a CT-30 that I’m going to test and see if I get better results. My question is, does it matter if the CT-30 is in simple mode or program/advanced mode? I have to have it in the advanced mode to get the PIN to connect to a WiFi network.

Thanks

Setup a CT-30 in a test situation and it’s working perfectly! When we get a break in the cold weather I’m going to replace my CT-80 with the CT-30.

1 Like

I just wanted to give a shout out to geko, thanking him for his hard work. I’ve got his code installed and working fine with my CT-30 that I’ve had for several years. I wish I could turn the fan on/off as well (or more accurately, on/auto) from Alexa but it’s great being able to change the temperature by voice.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

that was the amazing part. I had my RadioThermostat # CT80 on the wall literally 2+ years, with its crappy physical interface so the native android app was the primary interface. Hardly even looked at it for 2 years - then Geko popped out this device type and bam, Echo/voice interface and Smartthings interface in 2 minutes, without breaking the native remote interface. Unbelievably good.

still I don’t look at the physical Tstat - still awful.

I’m running the latest code and over all it works great. Thank you for this. It works great.

Can you ask what the current temperature is? The only reference I’ve found to do this is to pull the hub out of the loop and have the Alexa hit the thermostat directly.