[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Motion Sensor v3.2

If you go into the ide and then the device it should tell you version of the sensor.
To change the parameters go into the ide.
Open the device handler.
Click on location.
Then select your device.
Click install.
You can now use the buttons shown.
So to update:-
Triple click the B button on the sensor.
The sensor should glow blue.
Now click on what you want to do in the ide.
I.e. configure etc.

While it is doing this if you go up the page in the ide you can look at the logs to see what is happening.
I wrote this from memory so it may not be entirely accurate.

Edit. When you open the device handler, you can change the parameters. Then click on the button that relates to the section you changed.

On the older sensors change the parameters in the app and wait for the 2 hour wake up to sync the sensor.

@CSC, @bobbles, many thanks for the information.

@Fubie - i’ve turned off the LED (except for the tampering lights) by setting parameter 80 (LED Signaling mode) to - LED Inactive

1 Like

Nice! Thank you for the update!

Hi!
First of all, thanks a lot for this device integration :slight_smile:

Tried waiting out the sync, tried to trippel click and synk multiple times.
But stil i get: NedUpdate:Yes
And in app. Pending.
Any tips?

When you do the triple click, do you then press the configure button in the app?
i.e. press the configure button while the sensor is glowing blue.

When you triple click button B, click on the configure button, monitor the ide log, you will see its updated. You may ignore the button status.

1 Like

Aha.
Thanks a lot.
Looking at reading and comparing the status?
Or not posible?

Regards

Hi.

I am using ST v2 hub with fibaro motion sensor v3.2. i had updated the device handler but sometimes the motion detected alarm will never go off after one minute until the next motion detected.
I had modified the pir sensitivity from 15 to 10, lux report every hour and tamper alarm to 0.

Anyone know what is the problem for this situation?

Tq.

I presume you view the status from the sensor “recently” tab?

Did you try the default ST handler? It should work except no configuration.

if using the ST handler and you still facing similar issue, then likely that you sensor is faulty.

all status is reported in smart things ide page.

i had tried reset 2 fibaro motion sensor to ST handler everything is ok except no configuration.

When this 2 unit with custom handler :
First unit, all the while it is just reported illuminance level but no motion alarm reported.
Second unit, with motion alarm nonstop until next motion detect but illuminance report worked fine.

And a third unit with custom device handler is working fine except for those 2 i mentioned above.

@cwhong13 I set up 5 of these motion sensors with this new DT, however 1 of the devices just would not take the changes. It excepted the new look and feel but would not except the any parameter changes. All 4 others worked fine.

I ended up, removing from ST, resetting the device to factory settings then re-added to ST and finally this DT. Only at that stage would it work. Might be of some help.

This is working great for me so far. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the device seems to keep getting confused between C and F on the temp side. If I leave my house settings in C it’s fine, when I switch to F sometimes it picks it up briefly but not always. Either way it always ends up confused and reporting ~160 degrees F. Anyone found a good way to get this to stick?

1 Like

Can you try the ST handler and see if the same issue still persist? The part of code converting temperature is the same.

Yep, same issue. Also I’ve noticed that it constantly reports motion. I actually see in the logs “Motion Detected”, “Motion HaS Stopped” repeatedly. That issue I didn’t see with the ST handler.

For reference here are my settings copied out of the IDE:

Name Type Value
paragraph
1 number 10
12 enum 0
14 number 255
16 number 0
2 number 15
20 number 15
22 number 30
24 enum 0
26 number 0
3 enum 1
4 enum 2
40 number 20
42 number 300
6 number 30
60 number 10
62 number 900
64 number 0
66 number 0
8 enum 0
80 enum 10
81 number 50
82 number 100
83 number 1000
86 number 18
87 number 28
89 enum 1
9 number 200

I got motion working right.

I noticed that some of the parameters stated as default in the handler are not the same as the default when you look at the manual from Fibaro: http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGMS-001/FGMS-001-EN-T-v2.0.pdf

Here’s the new parameters that seem to be working better. I still have the issue between C and F on the temp side but motion, vibration, etc. is working right. I did notice that when I pick the thing up it just says “vibration” I would have expected it to say “tamper” but not super worried about that right now as I separate security from “convenience” automation in my house anyway.

Name Type Value
paragraph
1 number 15
12 enum 0
14 number 255
16 number 0
2 number 3
20 number 20
22 number 30
24 enum 0
26 number 0
3 enum 1
4 enum 2
40 number 200
42 number 3600
6 number 30
60 number 20
62 number 900
64 number 0
66 number 0
8 enum 0
80 enum 10
81 number 50
82 number 100
83 number 1000
86 number 18
87 number 28
89 enum 1
9 number 200

2 Likes

Quick question.

So I’ve got a Fibaro Motion Sensor (USA version 3.2). It quickly connected and is using the standard ST device handler (Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5). It does seem to show motion and lux okay with that one but…

The temperature is WAY messed up.

I think it is actually using the correct digits for Fahrenheit but thinks it’s Celsius and then tries to convert that number to a Fahrenheit number.

For example, it currently (set it up about an hour ago so temps should have adjusted by now) is showing 74.3 degrees (which IS about the temp in that room). But it’s stated that is 74.3 degrees CELSIUS!!!

So it’s then converting that to Fahrenheit and thus is stated the room is 166 degrees.

Yep, sort of funny actually.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

1 Like

Ok, looks like the ST convert temperature function not working, I’ll send you a separate driver to try out tomorrow

Sorry see that others having this issue as well, going to load up your DH and wait for your fix for temps. Love what you’ve got here. I totally want to adjust some of the parameters and don’t actually want the “tamper” notice but instead the “vibration” which I believe is how your DH reports it when the sensor is picked up and moved.

You want to try out with this code? Basically I just comment off the temperature conversion function which I think might be broken by ST.

Take note that this only usable by user who use Fahrenheit

3 Likes