[OBSOLETE] Enhanced Z-Wave Garage Door Controller GD00Z-4/GD00Z-5/Linear/GoControl/Iris/Nortek Device Handler with Switch and Automated Garage Door Open/Close when People Arrive/Leave/Timer [OBSOLETE]

Sure will add it to the next release of the SmartApp.

1 Like

On request:

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 02.05.00

• < no change >

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 01.06.00

• Added ability to delay opening the garage doors after someone arrives

After updating the code, open the Device Handler page, click on Refresh and then open the SmartApp and click Done for the changes to take effect

1 Like

Wow. That was fast and more than I had even hoped for. I knew I tell everyone who will listen about your smart apps/DTHs for a reason. Thanks, @RBoy!

@RBoy thank you
would it be possible to add an option to set SHM as well?
basically making sure SHM is disarmed before opening the garage door.

SmartThings automation has all this but enabling disarming SHM causes a 20-30 second delay to open the garage door.
The SHM disarms right away not sure why it causes the delay in opening Linear garage door. Hopefully your DH will solve this. (removing the disarming of SHM in the options and the delay is gone other than the Linear built in 5 second lights/beeping delay.)

It’s possible to add it but essentially you’re moving the problem from the routines to the SmartApp, if controlling the SHM from the routines takes 20 seconds it will take the same with the SmartApp which may lead to timing out.

What you should use this SmartApp to open/close your garage doors and use the Routines to control the SHM only, that works fine.

This SmartApp no 20 on our website (www.rboyapps.com): Garage Door Open/Close Automatically on Arrival/Departure

Hey RBoy,
I really appreciate you so quickly implementing the delayed opening into the app, but it appears to not actually open the door. I’ve been sitting each day cause I wanted to make sure I was right before I bothered you again. I’ve even changed the timer to only 5 seconds so the delay should be pretty much unnoticeable, but it never seems to open. I get the notifications saying it’s going to open the door after said time as it should, but no action. I’ve gone ahead and made sure to open the DH page again and refresh and open the SmartApp and click done. I’ll try and remember to pull up live logging next time I’m arriving home to see what is going on.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting it, we found the issue and have patched it.

1 Like

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 02.05.00

• < no change >

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 01.06.01

• Patch for delayed opening the garage doors after someone arrives

I just wanted to report back that the patch worked like a charm. Garage door opened after the set delay when I arrived home tonight. Much appreciated. Stellar work as always. Thanks.

1 Like

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 02.05.01

• Updated UI color scheme to match ST’s new recommendations

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 01.06.01

• < no change >

• < no change >

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 01.06.02

• Update due to changes in the ST platform, now you can send SMS notifications to multiple numbers by separating them with a *

I just loaded this up! Thanks again for another great device handler. :slight_smile:

Is it ok to make a request to have the main tile that is displayed on the Things page view to not be able to initiate any action? It is too easy to accidentally initiate an open/close when simply scrolling the Things view.

It is a lot safer to require the user to click on it in Thing and control it instead from the device view using the OPEN and CLOSE tiles. The small advantage gained being able to toggle the garage door from the Thing view is not worth an accidental “open” when you are away from the house.

I modified the code so it is no big deal for me but just a thought to throw out there.

1 Like

I read through and could not find my answer.
Is it possible to disarm the alarm system whenever the garage door is opened through Smartthings OR garage door remote?
When the geofence does not work, I figure that using the normal garage door opener (my wife will not get her phone out to do it through smartthings) the garage door could trigger ‘Im Home’ routine to disarm the alarm.
Thanks

This device has no correlation with your garage remote. Your remote is paired directly to your garage door opener and operates independent of SmartThings.

The SmartApp however can be used to open and close the garage door when people arrive or leave using a presence sensor (e.g. Phone)

@RBoy Thank you for the battery reporting on the tilt sensor. When I installed the device handler it showed the battery was at 1%. I reset it, and now it says 100%. Can you explain this feature? Which reading do you think is correct?

1 Like

If it’s a fresh install and showed 1%, that’s okay as the value may not be initialized but if it showed 1% AFTER you had it running at 100% then I would definitely replace the battery on the sensor.

Do note that once you get the 1% warning, you have manually reset it, as you did, however once you reset it it won’t show the 1% again until the device reports it and if it’s dead or going to die it may not report it again. You’ll only see the post reset 100%.

1 Like

What’s different from st routine with arrival sensor via life 360 to open close garage vs. your app?

Features (as requested by users) include

• Ability to set presence for arrival and departure separately
  • Independent operation of doors for arrival and departure
  • Ability to schedule a weekly/daily schedule for operations (independent for opening /closing)
  • Turning on lights
  • Lights sunset//night detection (only on at a night)
  • Contract address book for notifications
  • Ability to send SMS to multiple numbers if you don’t have contact address book
    etc

HI Rboy
Your dh is working good with zw062 aeon garage door ,If you have time it will be awesome if you can add some capability too the dh like ,tile to put alarm on/off,tile for alarm volume ,tile to switch alarm tones i think theres 4 and we can add some.
Thanks

2 Likes

• < no change >

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 01.07.00

• Added support to select modes for operation for opening/closing garage doors when people arrive/leave