[OBSOLETE] D-Link DCS-942L Day/Night IP Camera DeviceType - Full Feature Support (Now With Video Streaming!)

Hi Patrick, which link are you using? The one in the first post should be updated already.

https://github.com/blebson/Smart-Security-Camera/blob/master/smartapps/blebson/Smart-Security-Camera/Smart-Security-Camera.smartapp.groovy

Ahh, gotcha. I thought you meant for the camera. Thanks for catching that, Iā€™ve updated the link in the post. The correct URL should be https://github.com/blebson/Smart-Security-Camera/blob/master/smartapps/blebson/smart-security-camera.src/smart-security-camera.groovy (I changed it to allow IDE integration)

Looking for a device type that I can use for my DCS 2330L, currently if you add and use the standard dlink camera device type it enable you to use live video (Beta). I would love to take that current device type and modify for motionā€¦ Trying on my on custom device type but Iā€™m still new at this.

Unfortunately they havenā€™t opened up the video capability so you cannot actually create a devicetype that supports live video. In order to create a devicetype for your camera youā€™ll need to figure out what the URL commands are for your specific camera. These commands can capture a still image or change the settings of your camera but will not actually allow you to view video.

Hi all, pretty new to this but wanted to know if I can get a D-Link DCS-2332L to interact with my Smartthings hub? Even if it is just to work as a motion sensor and send a notification.

Unfortunately SmartThings does not support this functionality, you can however get the camera to do this itself and even send you snapshots when it detects motion. These settings are available in the advanced settings of the camera.

Updated with new layout and in-app video streaming!

Selecting the device from within the ST App on my iPad cause the app to crash.

Iā€™m seeing this on my 6+ and my wifeā€™s 6 as well. Will fiddle with the code to see if I can figure out whatā€™s causing it when I get some spare time.

I did all of my testing on an Android device and donā€™t have any iOS devices to testā€¦

Please let me know if I can help, Iā€™m very interested in getting this fixed (obviously :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Also, did you have the DCS-942L devicetype previously installed (before video streaming was added?)

Yes I did howeverā€¦ After the first few crashes I deleted it and recreated it. I also have an android. Will try it out on it and let you know how I make out :slight_smile:

Perfect, Iā€™m using a different DTH now (for my upcoming D-Link Camera Manager SmartApp) but I had it working perfectly before I added it

works fine on android (Samsung S6) Going to try on a few other iOs devices I have around here

Can you go to your device in IDE and post the ā€œCurrent Statesā€?

Iā€™ve updated the GitHub repo with new code that should fix the crashing. @btk is still having issues getting the stream to work so let me know how it goes for youā€¦

Streamā€™s all good now. Try it again, @cdikland.

1 Like

##This DeviceType is Obsolete, Please use the following SmartApp instead:

donā€™t mean to sound dumb but what codes do i copy