[OBSOLETE] D-Link DCS-930L IP Camera DeviceType

Ben,
Thanks for taking the time to develop this! I have installed the software, and it seems to be working. I can see the live image, adjust the sensitivity, etc. However, I don’t really know how to use this in a new SmartApp. The camera appears to show up as a light rather than for motion detection. I’d appreciate any guidance you can offer!

This DTH is no longer fully supported. Are you using this stand-alone device or are you using the D-Link Camera Manager SmartApp?

The cameras are set up as a ‘switch’ so that you can manipulate it using routines/smartapps in order to turn on/off motion detection. In the D-Link Camera Manager I have multiple compatible smartapps listed that will allow you to leverage all of the capabilities of the camera.

I followed the directions for the D-Link Camera Manager SmartApp, and I set up a DCS-930L. It seems to be working correctly. My assumption (probably wrong) was that I could use motion detected by the camera to cause some other action, like turning on a light. But from what you’re saying, other triggers are used to turn motion detection on or off on the camera. Do I understand that correctly?
Bob

That is correct. SmartThings can interact with the camera by pushing it commands but the camera cannot spontaneously send status to the hub (i.e. motion detection, etc.). If you have any other issues or questions feel free to reply to the D-Link Camera Manager post.

Good morning, i tried installing this but states “camera cannot be found” I have four 932L two 5010L’s, and one 5020L . I know i have the right IP addresses, PW etc, and can view on the Dlink app and computer but wondering how do i find out the ports so i can integrate into ST. Downloaded the Camera manager I’ve tried Port 80 for http and am not familiar with the RTSP port of 554, granted such a novice to this, but really do appreciate the help, Really neat program and i’m glad you took the time to write.

Hi There, I came across your entry while looking for a way to use my older DCS-930L DLinks. Thank you for posting this. I am completely new to the Smartthings Hub (still using Nexia and the DLink Lite apps). I was really hoping to move over my devices (eg: window/door sensors, locks, smoke detector, and thermostat), but wanted to try for my DLinks first off. Do you have any instructions at all regarding how to load the code into the hub? This will be my first attempt and totally green at this.
Thanks so much for looking at this - datakeepr

Please check out the SmartApp/DeviceTypes that replaced this: