[OBSOLETE] Bosch Motion Detector

Yep. So you have loaded the DH through the IDE and the connected, but it does not show up as a Bosch Sensor.

I am using: https://github.com/tomasaxerot/SmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/tomasaxerot/bosch-motion-detector.src/bosch-motion-detector.groovy

The device can be modified in the IDE by going to “Devices” and changing the “Type”. You can click on it and see a list of different DH’s. At the bottom, you should see your custom DH’s and on eshould be the Bosch Sensor. You can select it and save the device.

Let me know if this works!

Mike

I just redid it using that device handler. I think that was the one I was using though. I reset the detector and re-added it to smartthings. It came up as a “thing”. I manually went into the Debi e on the website and chose the Bosch device handler. I can get it to so the walk test and it responds with the light at that time. But after that it does not respond.

That sounds normal for a properly working device.

So…the light is only supposed to show for 10 minutes. after that the light stays off. If you want to see it again you must open the back and toggle the tamper switch. Once 10 minutes is up, the light does not show, but motion and temperature are sensed.

Can you check that? With a reminder that the motion cannot be sensed for 3 minutes, then it can for one event, then off for three minutes…

Mike

Thanks Mike. I think I got a dud. It doesn’t report anything in the smartthings app other than “motion”. I have a ton of other sensor and devices, a few that thave custom device handlers and they all work well. I don’t know what else it could be other than a defective device.

My battery life still says 100% after 2 years? I don’t think is normal. Is there a way to fix battery reporting.

I’ve been using tom’s IDE for a year. Problem is, detector goes offline between 12 and 48 hrs requiring me to remove batteries and reinstall to get it to reset’ and go online again. When working, temp and battery level as well as motion events all work. I have two of these and both behave same way.