[OBSOLETE] BI Fusion v3.0 - Adds: Blue Iris Device Type Handler, Blue Iris Camera DTH, Motion Sensing

Is there any way to have BI Fusion set PTZ preset? Apparently there is a bug in BI where it doesn’t follow those by profile.

Sure is! Just go into the settings for BI Fusion and create a trigger (to record and/or move to a preset), just make sure you have the latest version if you’re not seeing the option “Move to Preset?” (which once on will enable more options).

I’m about to push a new version that also lets you use webcore and other smartapps to directly set presets, as well as the option to return to a preset after a trigger moved the camera. Should be out today sometime, I’m just in the final error checking stage.

Finally released updates!!
Fusion v3.1
Fusion Trigger v3.1
Server DTH v2.7
Camera DTH v1.3

• UI improvements
  • Added “Sensor” and “Actuator” Capability so webcore and other apps can use the device types.
  • Preset Handling Improvements:
    – A lot done here, but I don’t have a way to test, so please try it all out and provide feedback.
    – Error checking
    – Added “moveToPreset” command so webcore (and others) can call “moveToPreset.cameraPreset(#)” to move camera to specific presets. (request by @jrfarrar)
    – Added ability to move the camera back to it’s original preset after the triggered event. (request by @jrfarrar)
  • Tried to do image capture for cameras, but with the camera devices all really communicating via the one server, there’s no real way to assign the images anywhere. Abandoned.

NOTE: You must enter BI Fusion settings and save in order to get error checking state variables initialized.

As always, please provide feedback so I can keep this useful for folks, and for new folks, please make sure you follow all the directions, the setup for this is a little more intense than the basic smartapps out there.

Shameless plug I know, but brew money helps keep me going (and is appreciated if you like the app)!

4 Likes

I also have a 16 channel unit. Is your NVR IP based. If so then all this can be set up. I have an old Ankke system and it works fine.

Sorry, Newbe. What the process to update to the latest versions of BI Fusion? I have a working install that is one version behind.

You can wait her go to GitHub and copy and paste the updated code, or use the github repository integration in the Smartthings API (that’s what I do, it’s great). The links for the code as well as the pertinent information for setting up the GitHub integration are in the instructions in the initial post of this thread. You can also search the forums or the IDE Documentation for detailed steps on setting it up.

Hallo, I have update from githublink but i have a problem with device handlers, server is the same like camera , so i have lost device handler server, please if you can fix the problem
Thanks

Thanks for all of your work on this. I set this up this week and it is working great! Nice to finally have my cameras integrated into ST.

1 Like

thanks for the PTZ update @JMZ. Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to tie PTZ setting to a Mode? I see the filter, but I want to use Mode as the trigger.

Can you please be more specific with what the problem is? Make sure you update all four sets of code, they all depend on each other (BI Fusion app, Trigger app, Server DTH, and Camera DTH). Double check that, and then make sure you open up BI Fusion settings and hit save again to reinitialize it. You’ll have to hit the refresh button on the server too. If you’re still having issues after that, give me as much detail as possible and I can help for sure

That’s a good idea! I should be able to add mode changes as a trigger. I guess it needs to be when the modes changes to a specific mode? I’ll take a look

Correct. My wife doesn’t like our living room camera looking at her when she’s home :grimacing:

1 Like

I actually may end up doing this with webcore. Is this the propoer way? Adding the preset as an integer parameter?

I have BI Fusion changing profiles based on mode and webcore changing a camera preset. Everything is working, but I’m getting errors.

Hi - a bit late to the game, but that didn’t do the trick for me. Pretty sure I’ve got everything set up correctly, but its not generating the token - I get an error that asks me if oauth is enabled (it is and I have the codes) - also not seeing the url showing up in the live log…

To recap breifly the suggested steps:
Recreate URLS toggle
Tap the view button
url with token should be displayed(?)

I can verify from the devices it created that its able to talk to the BI server, but the tokens are no where to be found… I’m sure I missed something…

Yup!

Are there a lot of actions all happening at the same time when you get those errors? It should be able to command a ton of things at once, but the error checking code isn’t robust enough to handle a lot at once, and it’ll think there are errors when there really isn’t. Let me know if that’s not the case though, I don’t get really any errors, so if you’re seeing a lot all the time then something is awry.

Just two actions: setting the profile # and setting the PTZ preset on one camera. It’s been so reliable I just turned notifications off :sunglasses:

Yes, turn on “Do you want to (re)create the URLs?”

The “Display URLs in API Logs?” is optional, but if you turn that on while logged into the API on the live logging page (you have to already be on that page before you press “Done” up at the top left).

To view it in the app, scroll all the way down and there is a place to tap that opens another page, it is titled “View Only Motion Alert URLs” when the recreate switch is off, so once you turn it on it’ll say “CHANGE & View Motion Alert URLs.” It is the very last thing on that setup page.

That should work, just clarified a little to make sure you’re tapping the correct things.

Well that is a complement mixed with some feedback now isn’t it :wink:

Glad it’s working out, I’d rather you weren’t getting spammed so hard though. Looking back at all your posts, do you still have ‘Home’ and ‘Night’ modes both tied to BI Profile 1? I know we talked about it last fall. Regardless, I’m not sure why the first error in your screenshot says the BI profile is null. That could clue us into why the preset error is popping too.

Did just that… Not sure which bits are secure so I blurred on the side of caution - though the blurred bits in the log are the same string that shows up in the incomplete URL (that ends in =NULL) etc.