[OBSOLETE] "Better Double Tap" -- A version that works

I can’t get @q13975’s version to work, or the original posted.

I played around with the IDE simulator and couldn’t get it to fire another on event once the switch was already on. It seems like that is the purpose of the [filterEvents: false] parameter in the method call:

subscribe(master, "switch", switchHandler, [filterEvents: false])

Looking at the API Reference for SmartApp, there is no mention of the [filterEvents: false] parameter.

Is someone able to get this to work?

As I know, it won’t work in IDE. So far only GE switch works.

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I’m finding it as (un)reliable as the stock app.

No luck here either. I have the GE toggle switches and not paddle switches. Any idea if this works with the plain toggle switches without the dimmer or is the paddle or dimmer required?

Thanks

In my experience, it only works on toggle switches, like I use to control fluorescent tubes (will not dim by design) and will not work on the identical looking switch which has dimmer. I’ve spent hours trying to time the double click, change device handler, etc. Only works reliably on the non-dimmer type switches. My housekeeper has a thick accent and can’t control Alexa. Double click on dimmer type switches would be great because I think it is the more popular installation. Make sure you have the required device handler!!!

Goofy does double tap actually work for you? If so, what device handler and app are you using? Which specific switch too. GE toggle…z wave plus or just z wave.
Thanks!

Also note the position in your network will matter. In many cases if the message has to be repeated through another device it will no longer work with this code. That’s why people sometimes report that it works with one switch in their house but not with another – – the first one may be close enough to the hub for direct communication.