[OBSOLETE: [BETA MILESTONE 2] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

CPU at 100% is a bug, don’t worry about that for now.

1 Like

Where is this 100% being seen? Logs?

In the CoRE app when editing a piston. Looks fixed now though.

1 Like

Core pistons executed on time this morning but routines did not run. I think it’s a smartthings issue, but posting here in case there’s maybe something going on with core we’re talking about.

If your routines didn’t run, please drop a note to support and then send that ticket number over to @Aaron so he can add it to the batch that they are tracking for this. There’s an ongoing issue with routines either not executing or not executing completely that has not yet been fully resolved to my knowledge…

3 Likes

Hey @ady624

My morning lights Piston has been running fine for months now, only slight tweaks to the dimming up of the lights.

This morning, my morning lights Piston ran, started with turning on the lights as expected, however it never changed the mode to Home, any idea what might have happened?

The next thing I see is it shows a set level with no data, then turn on, then sets the first level at 10%, when in fact the Piston is Set Level 10%, Turn On, Wait 10 sec…

If the log shows events happening out of order, is that a concern?

Thoughts?
Rick

Changing modes is a problem that cropped up when SmartThings pushed a platform upgrade. They know about it and are working on the issue. However, you should contact support to let them know your modes aren’t changing.

Question!

Would it be possible to have the system do this:

If motion is detected, and the colour is “golden rod” and at x% level, then simply turn light on, else do those settings and turn on light…

Maybe that would help in the flickering?

@ady624 I’m playing with my existing auto lock piston below, but even if the door is locked manually, it still sends the notification. I’m watching the logs, the piston command optimization cancels the Lock command but the notification is still sent, possible to cancel that also?.

● sim Door1 contact changes to closed
◦ sim Lock lock is unlocked
THEN…

Cancel on piston state change
Using sim Lock…
► Wait 1 minutes
► Lock
► Send Push notification ‘Auto locking door’

2‎:‎09‎:‎37‎ ‎PM: trace ║╔══ Task processing took 1076ms 
2‎:‎09‎:‎37‎ ‎PM: trace ╔═══ Piston done in 1392ms 
2‎:‎09‎:‎37‎ ‎PM: trace ║║░░ Removing any existing ST safety nets 
2‎:‎09‎:‎37‎ ‎PM: info ║║░░ Executing virtual command sendPushNotification (680ms) 
2‎:‎09‎:‎36‎ ‎PM: info ║║░░ Preventing execution of command [sim Lock].lock() because current value is the same 
2‎:‎09‎:‎36‎ ‎PM: trace ║║░░ Installing ST safety net 
2‎:‎09‎:‎36‎ ‎PM: trace ║║░░ Rescheduling time triggers 
2‎:‎09‎:‎36‎ ‎PM: trace ║╚══ Processing tasks (v0.2.14b.20160902)

Many light DTHs accept a color (hue+saturation+level or RGB) and change to that color but won’t correctly report the RGB back. Osram had a problem at some point where the hue was reported back 3.6 times bigger. Your mileage may vary.

Why not figure out the hue, the saturation and the level you want and provide them yourself in the setColor rather than selecting the color by name? This way, you select the level in one go and there won’t be any flickering.

1 Like

Cancel state will work when there is a state that changes. Since the door never opens, the state never changes so cancel won’t work.

Replace the contact changes with contact stays closed for 1 min and remove the wait…

1 Like

Here’s how Jarvis does it for me:

But the door stays closed would need to be a group and include AND Lock is unlocked to prevent the notification

1 Like

Ah, I have not paid attention to ‘stays’ before, now I am watching the timer, it does cancel on its own if there is a change, slick! I will play with it a bit.

1 Like

I would like to know how to update this using the github integration in my smartthings? When I look in my smartapps in the developer it says that repository version has been modified. So if I click Update from Repo the screen comes up and ady624:core is in the Obsolete section. If I click on this and publish and save will it update or will it delete it?

That will update it just the way you want it to.

New issue with a Simple piston. Tasks do not execute. @ady624 i tried to delete and re-add from scratch with the same result.

Got to look into it. Later, after the game

I am trying to create a WHILE piston but have trouble getting it to work:

What I would like is something like this:

While [contact sensor] stays open for 1 minut do
| Send push notify
| Wait 1 minut
End while loop

Could anyone help me on this?

An basic if notification will work, this is mine

Hi Chan, thank you for this. Got this part so far. What I would like is the get a notification every 1 minut while the piston is true.