[OBSOLETE: [BETA MILESTONE 2] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

ok I worked it out… seems like this could be made easier!

Time restrictions on the condition

Why does this piston stop at 6pm every night?

Exactly at 6pm?

6 or 601 from my investigation.

At the moment I can only think that maybe that’s a time I once used to restrict the piston? But I see no evidence of that anymore. May check the ide tomorrow for cruft.

The restriction would have been my first guess changing it to something else just for troubleshooting would be my first move.

If that is the case… Delete and build from scratch. You’ve got a ghost in the system.

I’ve run into this many times. Anaya try to keep the build on any app, especially child said as clean as possible. Build it right the first time with no changes… And all is good.

Im new to this, coming from wink, and CoRE was running great but now every time I go into it, it is always in a piston setup. When I click done, instead of going back to the main screen it just exits out of CoRE. I click on CoRE again and bingo, back into the piston set up. The only way I can get back to the main screen is to delete the piston.

I searched but didn’t find anything but then again, I could have missed it.

I have only two (LOL) words: Use the hamburger menu, not the Marketplace! :smiley:

2 Likes

can you elaborate? (sorry, another CoRE newbie here…)

Access your Core Engine from the “Hamburger Menu” (3 horizontal lines in the upper right corner) not from the Marketplace. The Marketplace is for installing apps, the Hamburger is for modifying installed apps.

Thanks… That seems to help.

Appreciate it.

There seems to have a bug around the fading light out. I’m using the lifx bulb and when I try to Fade level from (not set)% to 0% in 30sec, instead of gradually fade it out, it just turn the light out. The fade level from (not set)% to 100% in 30% works well but not the other way around…

Really good job btw, this is really awesome!

I’ve tried a couple times to get the fade function to work correctly, never had any luck. I actually got it to fade at one point, using fade to level (variable) and setting a current and target variable, but it started fading backwards (if my current level was 10% and I wanted to fade up to 100%, it would jump to 100 then fade back to 10 and vice versa). Never got any feedback here when reporting it as an issue either, so I gave up on it.

@ady624 Is there a way to wildcard match an attribute value? I was trying to check if the ecobee3 thernostat is cooling but it gives thermostatStatus: Cooling to NN F instead of just Cooling.

Or is there a better approach to this than what I am currently doing?

Most of my time-based pistons are running over and show past due over the last few days, what can I do to fix this? Seems like some of them eventually run, but several minutes past due.

I figured out a long way around my issue. I set up a piston to give me the string value of thermostatStatus.

● My ecobee3 coolingSetpoint changes
When true…
Using location…
► Set number variable {@coolingSetpointValue} = $currentEventValue
► Set string variable {@thermostatStatusString} = "Cooling to {@coolingSetpointValue} F"
► Send Push notification ‘New Value: {@thermostatStatusString}’

I can now refer to the @thermostatStatusString in my other piston :slight_smile:

I thought I was home free with the above workaround. The piston that I set up to use @thermostatStatusString is evaluating false.

◦ Time is between 9:00 AM MST and 9:30 PM MST
◦ Lil’bee temperature is greater than or equal to 78°F
● My ecobee3 thermostatStatus changes to {@thermostatStatusString}

Edit: Scratch that… It worked, I’m just impatient :wink:

1 Like

I’ve got a set of pistons that change some Philips Hue lights’ colours depending on motion and time of day.

I’ve noticed, at least with the colour ‘golden rod’ that every time motion is detected, there’s a slight variation on the colour…

Any idea how to not have that change? It’s annoying! Lol!

Another thing i just realized is it says the cpu’s @ 100%… does that matter much?

Try removing the Turn On action, not needed with Set Level. Then it sets color and changes to level 80%.

What CPU is running at 100%?

1 Like