[OBSOLETE] [BETA MILESTONE 1] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

Latest version, enable OAuth and then use the Dashboard option in CoRE

1 Like

Cool. Will check it out later. Visualization is key for complicated things like this.

1 Like

All, I’ve been following this from afar. I have 50+ rules setup in Rule Machine. I’m not at the point where I want to redo all them in CoRE, but is it in at least a Beta state to setup new stuff? Just wondering what state development is in.

I noticed one bug with Rule Machine where weekdays is considered a “Sunday”. I’d love to port that over.

Also - Will the GitHub repo be setup for IDE sync eventually?

Still alpha until I finish adding the feature set I am aiming at. I think the missing bits right now are:

1. “stays” triggers
  2. ability to trigger on global variable change
  3. ability to trigger on piston evaluation
  4. ability to compare time against variable (as time) and against variable (as datetime). The latter would take the date into consideration as well

I don’t think I missed anything, the list is getting shorter. We may hit beta this weekend or Monday…

2 Likes

How does one get the latest version? I am tied into the GitHub repository but I don’t see a way to get the latest update outside of copying and pasting in the code again.

This is why I asked if there would be GitHub sync via IDE as it’s much easier.

Use the Update from Repo button…

1 Like

There is. Check the top of this thread for instructions on how to connect to github via IDE.

Is the latest version still:

5/27/2016 >>> v0.0.04d.20160527

Because I am getting nothing from GitHub.

got it working. thx. I didnt think the sync would work bc of your folder structure, but I was wrong :slight_smile:

v0.0.063 should be last. I got v0.0.064 but that’s under development still

I found logs from the device by going to the device’s page and then clicking on ‘events’. Lots of activity there. What do you need to know?

can you please post a pic of that?

This is an example of a log entry for when the device is disarmed, which is the trigger that I am looking to take advantage of. I redacted a few IDs in case those could be used by unscrupulous agents…

This event is for attribute “system”, setting it to value “disarmed”.

1. try the piston on custom attribute system (should be on the list of attributes with a symbol in front of it). For value, you can type in “disarmed”, or the armed equivalent.

OR

1. can you find any event where the name is “lock”?

No event called ‘lock’. I checked the code for the device handler, it translates the ‘lock’ command to the ‘armaway’ value.

OK I’ll try custom attribute system with value of disarmed.

Thanks.

1 Like

It may be that the DTH is not following standards. The smart app that governs it needs to fire up an event, like sendEvent(“lock”, value) - only then will ST broadcast that event to SmartApps that have previously subscribed to it…

System attribute of ‘disarmed’ worked! Genius. Thank you once again. This app is brilliant and your support of it is excellent.

2 Likes

Custom attribute support, or rather lack of, was the one thing that killed RM for me. So I HAD to add it.

2 Likes

It makes the app truly customizable. Welll done.

2 Likes