[OBSOLETE] [BETA MILESTONE 1] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

Has the stay functionality been fixed yet? I might have missed it. Congrats on reaching beta!

What do you mean, Stays has been working for a while now. Any bug?

@CAL7 and @daven I do not know the cost of checking the current value of a device. I donā€™t know if that is a cached value provided to the script at run time or if it is checked against a db in real time so I canā€™t really sayā€¦

No, I canā€™t. We need to have a meeting for that. (I am starting to love this whole bureaucratic meeting thing as it gets me out of tight spaces)

1 Like

Just tested and works fine for meā€¦ Can you retest? Any errors? Timeout?

Retested, just get

For 20 seconds then nothing, no error messages.

Also should their be an icon for variables?

Nothing in the logs? Fixed the image, thank you

Just this and all debugging options selected

12:18:56 PM: error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: 412124883794731

Lock Automatically

v0.1.091.20160614 - Beta M1 - Fixed the $index variable during loops, attempted a more complex workaround fix for global variable race conditions, removed an extra ā€œuā€ from the IFTTT page (ha ha)

1 Like

Can you update to the latest, open the piston and save it, the lock a door and unlock it? The doors need to be unlocked once before the stays can kick in

I will have to test when I get home. Also, if I wanted to do this for 3 separate locks, do I need 3 separate pistons? Or can I combine this? (I donā€™t want lock 2 locking after 1 minute because lock 1 has been unlocked for 5 minutes already).

So you want each individual lock to lock after 5 minutes? I would say three conditions with individual actions. Until I find a way to allow a variable device in the action :wink:

Ok, so 3 pistons. Gotcha.

No. 3 conditions in the same piston.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™ve missed it, but is there a way to create a condition ā€œif X is Y for Z minutesā€? Iā€™ve got a few situations where Iā€™d like to turn off a device if there is no motion for X minutes or if someone is away from the house for X minutes, but only if there is consistently no motion. Any motion during the timer would restart the timer.

Yes. If motion sensor stays inactive for 5 minutes, then do this.

Ok folks, time to step it up on the documentation. Itā€™s been going slow, in case you havenā€™t noticed the only feature missing from this app is self documentation.

So, I need help.

Everyone has their own unique expertise area of the appā€¦ Those of you using variables, or using a lot of one or two pistonsā€¦ Things like thatā€¦ Lies if moron sensorsā€¦ Whateverā€¦

Please pm screen shots of your piston, screen shots of your notes, explanations of how a feature worksā€¦ Anything you haveā€¦ Especially screen shots of pistons.

This is a community app and the documentation will be much better with all of your inputs.

5 Likes

Yep, I missed it. Thanks.

1 Like

I have a word doc of all the bits of random documentation that flew past me in the zillion posts plus embedded examples. Donā€™t know if you want that?