[OBSOLETE] [BETA MILESTONE 1] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

Just noticed my logging isn’t working anymore? I have enable debugging on and all messages selected. But I’m not seeing anything in live logging? I swear it used to be there. I tried turning if off - hitting done. Turning it back on, nothing. CoRE logging is spamming my dashboard link but I don’t see any of my pistons logging.

Yes. And it was even emphasized in the name CoRE - Community’s own Rule Engine (I believe)

I think you could try a THEN-IF piston. IF door “changes to open” send push notification and wait 2 minutes. THEN-IF door “is open” send notification and wait 2 minutes and repeat whole action ELSE send notification “Door closed”

That’s not exactly what you want, but pretty close. You could also make use of the block and/or loop actions, which might get you closer to exact.

1 Like

Fantastic and again great work to all involved.

Using a basic piston - door open alert

IF
     - contact sensor is open
         > send push message - door is open
         > wait 2 minutes
         > follow up with piston "door open alert"
1 Like

CoRE License

2 Likes

RM (dare I say that App name!) would allow me to include the triggering device name in a push notification.

For instance, if I have any of my many door contact sensors set to trigger a notification, RM allowed me to include the specific triggering sensor in the notification. I could send a push that said, “Intrusion detected on: Entry Door”.

Does CoRE have this capability?

Thanks.

Others already said it, but here is the most recent testimony from CoRE’s creator, just a few days ago…

1 Like

No, sorry.

PS: Just kidding, you can add any variable into the notification string by using { } around the variable name. There are some predefined system variables that contain useful information. The one you need is:

Intrusion detected on: {$currentEventDevice}

You can use it in any part of the sentence, like:

Intrusion detected: {$currentEventDevice} is now {$currentEventValue}

Another question. Is it possible to use Intrusion Detected to trigger an event.

Example
SHM is Armed
Intrusion is detected
Arm Cameras and record

As in… detect a SHM incident? Or watch over the contact sensors (in parallel with SHM)? First - not possible, according to ST, second, sure.

Thanks. yeah I am using the second jsut thought that if it was possible it would be cool to have the first.

Already tried it - there’s code in CoRE for that, but the subscription does not work - still looking for ways…

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to set the level of a dimmer without turning the light on? This would be very useful to change the lvl on dimmers controlled by motion. For example, when activating the night mode, I would set some dimmers to 10%.

I don’t want to set the dimmer lvl in the motion trigger with motion because if I change the lvl manually on the dimmer, it will always be reseted.

Thanks!

The dimmer will turn on at the last level it was at when it last turned off.

You could set mode or time restrictions for when motion sets the level and any other time it would just turn on at the last level set.

I prefer dinner days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You funny guy mcfry!

2 Likes

Jason, I don’t understand what you said :slight_smile:

I don’t want to use mode or time restriction to set the level because if I change the lvl physically on the dimmer, it will always change back.

I only want to use setlvl command for a dimmer and keep the light to off. I tried setlevel followed by turn off but we see the light for a brief moment.

My rgbw controllers allow this but none of my other lights. Setting level also turns them on.

Two ways to avoid this:

1. Always set levels based on mode or whatever criteria, no turn on command needed.

2. Always have anything that shuts off a light, set level 0 instead of turnoff.

Something has happened in that past few hours to any piston that triggers every few minutes. No matter what I do I can’t get this piston to start anymore. I have Stopped it and started it through the app as well as through the IDE.

Can anyone see anything wrong with this piston and is anyone else experiencing problems with time triggers?