[OBSOLETE] Battery Operated 3 Toggle Switch for wallmount or table top use (SmartenIT ZBWS3B) [DEPRECATED: STOPPED WORKING IN 2018]

Hi there. I’ve used this guide to pair a IKEA Trådfri 5 button remote control. Unfortunately without luck.

ST can recognize the remote as a THING as it should. I managed to complete all steps in the guide (with ST v2 hub).

Anyone tried something similar or have a clue about what could go wrong?

Two completely different devices. It probably needs a custom device handler just for that device. Start a new thread with that device name in the title and I’m sure there will be people who will be glad to help you with it.

Thanks. I will do :slight_smile:

i’ve got this device type working with one of these switches - however doe sit work with two? I’ve set up a second and done the virtual switch to actual switch but only my original switch works.

Does anyone know if this device reports battery?

I have one that I have been using for a long time and have not replaced the battery.

The device type does not have battery status.

Does anyone know if the physical device reports battery status?

annoying, isn’t it. $50 bucks for a device that does not report status. The only convenient way I have to monitor, is the walk-test and/or smart-app “Simple Device Viewer”

No batrery status on mine

It seems no one is running more than one of these.

have been mucking around more and cannot get a second one going - which seems odd. any advice would be appreciated.

joel,

I received 2 of these switches yesterday. Both are set up and activating 3 sets of different lights. I set each one up using the exact steps outlined by JDRoberts except for their names and the fact that SmartThings found the device as a “Thing” in the initial add/search app window (on Android). I set them up one right after the other.

One runs 3 lights in my kitchen activating 3210-L’s and the other activates 3 Cree connected bulbs in my office. They act as 2 completely independent 3 button switches.

Thanks to everyone on the forum especially those taking the time to write custom handlers and these types of walk-thrus, and who take the time to troubleshoot all the devices we get to play with. You make this community an amazing place and we couldn’t do it without you.

Sean

1 Like

I made some modifications from some shared code from the minimote.

/**
 *  3 button ZigBee switch ZBWS3  
 *  Copyright 2014 John.Rucker@Solar-Current.com
 *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
 *  in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
 *  on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
 *  for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
 */
metadata {
    definition (name: "3 Button Controller (ZBWS3) with num of buttons", namespace: "thegilbertchan", author: "Gilbert Chan") {
        capability "Button"
        capability "Configuration"

attribute "button2","ENUM",["released","pressed"]
        attribute "button3","ENUM",["released","pressed"]        

fingerprint endpointId: "03", profileId: "0104", deviceId: "0000", deviceVersion: "00", inClusters: "03 0000 0003 0007", outClusters: "01 0006"

}

// simulator metadata
    simulator {
    }

// UI tile definitions
    tiles {

standardTile("button1", "device.button", width: 1, height: 1) {
            state("released", label:'${name}', icon:"st.button.button.released", backgroundColor:"#ffa81e")
            state("pressed", label:'${name}', icon:"st.button.button.pressed", backgroundColor:"#79b821")
        }

standardTile("button2", "device.button2", width: 1, height: 1) {
            state("released", label:'${name}', icon:"st.button.button.released", backgroundColor:"#ffa81e")
            state("pressed", label:'${name}', icon:"st.button.button.pressed", backgroundColor:"#79b821")
        }        

standardTile("button3", "device.button3", width: 1, height: 1) {
        }

main (["button3", "button2", "button1"])
    details (["button3", "button2", "button1"])
    }
}

// Parse incoming device messages to generate events
def parse(String description) {
    log.debug "Parse description $description"
    def name = null
    def value = null              
    if (description?.startsWith("catchall: 0104 0006 01")) {
        name = "1"
        def currentST = device.currentState("button")?.value
        log.info "Button 1 pushed, current state = $currentST"

if (currentST == "pressed"){
            log.trace "Changed to released"
            value = "released"
        } 
        else {
            log.trace "Changed to pressed"
            value = "pressed"
        }           

} else if (description?.startsWith("catchall: 0104 0006 02")) {
        name = "2"
        def currentST = device.currentState("button2")?.value
        log.info "Button 2 pushed, current state = $currentST"        
            value = "released"
        } 
        else {
            value = "pressed"
        }   

} else if (description?.startsWith("catchall: 0104 0006 03")) {
        name = "3"
        def currentST = device.currentState("button3")?.value
        log.info "Button 3 pushed, current state = $currentST"        
            value = "released"
        } 
        else {
            value = "pressed"
        }   
    } 
    def result = createEvent(name: "button", value: "pushed", data: [buttonNumber: name], descriptionText: "$device.displayName button $name was pushed", isStateChange: true)
    log.debug "Parse returned ${result?.descriptionText}"

return result
}

def parseDescriptionAsMap(description) {
    (description - "read attr - ").split(",").inject([:]) { map, param ->
        def nameAndValue = param.split(":")
        map += [(nameAndValue[0].trim()):nameAndValue[1].trim()]
    }
}

private getFPoint(String FPointHex){                   // Parsh out hex string from Value: 4089999a
    Long i = Long.parseLong(FPointHex, 16)         // Convert Hex String to Long
    Float f = Float.intBitsToFloat(i.intValue())   // Convert IEEE 754 Single-Precison floating point
    log.debug "converted floating point value: ${f}"
    def result = f

return result
}

// Commands to device

def configure() { 
    log.debug "Binding SEP 0x01 DEP 0x01 Cluster 0x0006 On/Off cluster to hub"         
        def configCmds = [

"zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x01 0x01 0x0006 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}", "delay 500",
        "zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x02 0x01 0x0006 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}", "delay 500",        
        "zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x03 0x01 0x0006 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}", "delay 1500",        
        ]
    log.info "Sending ZigBee Bind commands to 3 Button Switch"
    return configCmds
    }
def installed() {
    initialize()
    createChildDevices()
}

def updated() {
    initialize()
    if (!childDevices) {
        createChildDevices()
    }
    else if (device.label != state.oldLabel) {
        childDevices.each {
            def segs = it.deviceNetworkId.split("/")
            def newLabel = "${device.displayName} button ${segs[-1]}"
            it.setLabel(newLabel)
        }
        state.oldLabel = device.label
    }
}

def initialize() {
    sendEvent(name: "numberOfButtons", value: 3)
    sendEvent(name: "DeviceWatch-Enroll", value: JsonOutput.toJson([protocol: "zigbee", scheme:"untracked"]), displayed: false)
}

private void createChildDevices() {
    state.oldLabel = device.label
    for (i in 1..4) {
        addChildDevice("Child Button", "${device.deviceNetworkId}/${i}", null,
                [completedSetup: true, label: "${device.displayName} button ${i}",
                 isComponent: true, componentName: "button$i", componentLabel: "Button $i"])
    }
}
3 Likes

Hi JD, I was following your instructions to make this device work, but my dashboard, or page display when Im logged onto my hub doesnt have a link titled “my device types”. (instruction step # 14). am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your info!!

See the custom code FAQ: the terms have changed multiple times over the years:

They are now called “device handlers.” :sunglasses:

when I click on my device handlers, it says I have none. I can only see the custom handler if I follow location and then click on the various devices and handlers there. I can see the custom handler there but there is no options that I can see anything that says device to test with.

JD, I think I figured it out, it is now listed under the simulation button. thank you again for posting these instructions and your patience with us “newbies”!!

1 Like

Will this work with the new SmartThings hub, ver 3?

it’s a custom device handler, not by samsung, so probably never.

1 Like

So does that mean the custom device handler does Not work with the latest SmartThings hub?

1 Like

At the Moment YES.

It should work with the new hub, but not with the new app. You would have to install the classic app to make it work.

A lot of people are using both apps for just this reason. But you do run the risk that once the classic app goes away, the device might no longer work. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like